Dark Council Order Of Power

LordRuina

Wait, why are we assuming Lana isn't a Sith Lord? Just because no one runs around calling her 'my lord'? Even though she spends almost all of her screen time interacting with people who would have zero obligation to refer to her as such?

Wait, why are we assuming Lana isn't a Sith Lord? Just because no one runs around calling her 'my lord'? Even though she spends almost all of her screen time interacting with people who would have zero obligation to refer to her as such?

SoR Finale:

< Player Character >: Lana refuses to even take a title. This doesn't concern you?

Darth Marr: It says to me she's unambitious. I welcome the novelty.

^^ Seems to me she doesn't even have a title, hence, she's no Sith Lord even.

Just Lana Beniko.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

SoR Finale:

^^ Seems to me she doesn't even have a title, hence, she's no Sith Lord even.

Just Lana Beniko.

Or, you know, that when she became a Darth she didn't pick some new grandiose name and just kept on being called Lana Beniko? I mean, she was serving directly under a Dark Council member in the same way Baras served Vengean or Thanaton served Darth Iforgottheirname. So that is the interpretation I have from that line about her refusing to pick a title.

Or, you know, that when she became a Darth she didn't pick some new grandiose name and just kept on being called Lana Beniko?

Judging from that line alone, it is questionable if she's a Sith Lord to begin with, and you're discussing if she's a Darth?

Makes little sense to me.

I mean, she was serving directly under a Dark Council member in the same way Baras served Vengean or Thanaton served Darth Iforgottheirname. So that is the interpretation I have from that line about her refusing to pick a title.

Your interpretation is not corroborated by the game itself however.

EDIT:

Though, to be honest, until I heard that line in the Beta, I had always assumed she was a Sith Lord at least.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I remembered something! :D

With her serene and considerate manner, one might mistake Lana Beniko for a Jedi. She is, however, a Sith Lord of great wisdom and strength who has impressed many of her peers in a considerably short period of time with her keen insights into the nature of the Force. It was Beniko’s treatise on the perceived moral parallels of Jedi and Sith in battlefield settings–as well as her passion for unraveling the truths and secrets behind the Jedi–that brought her to the attention of Darth Arkous of the Dark Council. She has since become his most trusted advisor.

To anyone who cares, I also found this:

< Player Character >: Am I supposed to know you?

Lana Beniko: My name is Lana Beniko. I am a Sith Lord, though I have no interest in the title.

Lana Beniko: I used to serve as advisor to Darth Arkous of the Dark Council--until he was revealed as a traitor and consequently executed.

^^ I believe it's the only instance where Lana refers herself as such.

If I understood correctly, the dialogue does change significantly, provided you chose to skip the Forged Alliances flashpoints; this is meant to be the introduction between her and the player character.

Glad they're still going for this kind of stuff. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

To anyone who cares, I also found this:

^^ I believe it's the only instance where Lana refers herself as such.

If I understood correctly, the dialogue does change significantly, provided you chose to skip the Forged Alliances flashpoints; this is meant to be the introduction between her and the player character.

Glad they're still going for this kind of stuff. :D

This is very interesting, but I am a bit confused. How are you even able to skip Forged Alliances? Isn't it a requirement for you to start the Shadow of Revan questline?

This is very interesting, but I am a bit confused. How are you even able to skip Forged Alliances? Isn't it a requirement for you to start the Shadow of Revan questline?

They made it possible for you to skip the Forged Alliances story arc altogether.

As you can see here, all you need to do is to travel to Rishi, and initiate the conversation as you usually do with Qaraah.

The following pops up:

Please note that by continuing this conversation, you are missing out on the Shadow of Revan prelude.

The Prelude introduces you to new allies, sends you on exciting story missions, and includes a cutscene with companions aboard your ship.

OPTION ONE: Start Shadow of Revan Prelude

OPTION TWO: Continue This Conversation

Mind you, I was ALREADY aware you could skip the Forged Alliances flashpoints, but didn't know the dialogue changed THIS significantly.

Again, nice, nice touch; I had come to assume it was the same for everyone. Glad to see it isn't.

:rak_03:

EDIT:

Now I'm curious to see where else the dialogue is different; DAMN...!!! :mad:

Why did I finish FA with all my characters already?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Another curious detail on the subject of Lana being a Lord or not:

C2-D4: You must be the one Lord Beniko and Agent Shan have brought to assist us!

Jakarro: Stop calling her Lord, droid! You know she hates that!

In other words, the ultimate confirmation via in-game dialogue is given... if you ONLY choose to skip the Forged Alliances story arc.

Everything in this game feels backwards at times. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well it is obvious who is strongest,

Darth Nox,

And I use the dark side version cause that one keeps all the spirits.

Due to the forcewalking ritual he is practically immortal and cannot die. He got uber powers and he got control of the pyramid of ancient knowledge which gives him even more access to wicked sorcerery crap.

Also moff pyron and the fleet of Silencers under his command ready to wipe out any enemy fleet.

Entire nar shadda is under his control due to the cult of the dragon that view him as a god and through them massive access to the underworld.

and that's before we acknowledge he is the heir to the line of kallig (biggest rival of tulak hord) and master of the force by his own right.

it always struck me as rather obvious that being uninterested in titles and not going by them didn't equal not having them. but well I wasn't interested in the argument saying so would of generated. by the way I am not convinced that lana isn't a member of the dark council. Edited by magicallypuzzled

Well it is obvious who is strongest,

Darth Nox,

And I use the dark side version cause that one keeps all the spirits.

Due to the forcewalking ritual he is practically immortal and cannot die. He got uber powers and he got control of the pyramid of ancient knowledge which gives him even more access to wicked sorcerery crap.

Also moff pyron and the fleet of Silencers under his command ready to wipe out any enemy fleet.

Entire nar shadda is under his control due to the cult of the dragon that view him as a god and through them massive access to the underworld.

and that's before we acknowledge he is the heir to the line of kallig (biggest rival of tulak hord) and master of the force by his own right.

You don't have to be darkside to keep the ghosts, I certainly kept them on my 'enough nice choices to be light 2' on the dual reasoning of

1# **** those guys, they tried to kill me and are just total jerks in general (and one of them wants to stay anyway) so why should I let them leave or blast them with light side goodness so they can pass on?

2# I just became the target of every sith in the galaxy who wants a seat on the Dark Council, it would be seriously dangerous to my health to let them go.

Also, I'm pretty sure that you are vastly overestimating the influence of the Inquisitor's cult on Nar Shadda. It was pure dumb luck/will of the force that one of their limited areas of influence was over the creation of the exact kind of super rare component you need for the Silencer.

she is specifically stated by darth marr to have the authority of the dark council behind her to the imperial agent. several here seem to interpret that as being one step down from the council but it sees to fit just as well if she is an actual member.

See below:

Lana will represent the Dark Council. I expect her to be afforded the same respect given to me.

Again, judging from the dialogue, her position is akin to that of a Minister. The main difference now is that, unlike the previous Ministers, Lana is a Sith.

As Marr says himself:

The entire point of Sith Intelligence is for it to be overseen by the Sith.

EDIT:

Lana also says this, provided you compliment Marr for his choice, as an Imperial Agent:

Commander--coming from you, that's quite a compliment. I only hope I'll do my predecessors justice.

Her predecessors being the former Ministers, including the male Keeper replaced by Watcher Two.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

he says she should have the same respect as darth marr a member of the dark council there for it's likely she is also a member also the best way (though by no means the only way) to represent the council as a whole is by being a member of it.

what makes you think her predecessors are the minister and not the previous heads of imperial intelligence in the council?

at any rate neither of us has definitive proof saying she is or she isn't a member and we are unlikely to get it so I am uninterested in continuing to push this issue.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

he says she should have the same respect as darth marr a member of the dark council there for it's likely she is also a member also the best way (though by no means the only way) to represent the council as a whole is by being a member of it.

what makes you think her predecessors are the minister and not the previous heads of imperial intelligence in the council?

at any rate neither of us has definitive proof saying she is or she isn't a member and we are unlikely to get it so I am uninterested in continuing to push this issue.

Her predecessors as the head of Sphere of Intelligence would be Jadus and Zhorrid. Doing them justice wouldn't fit her :p

And we'll get definite proof eventually. Just a matter of time, really.

Edited by Darkelefantos

there are more predecessors than just those two

I doubt we will get confirmation the writers want to play the jadus could be head of intelligence or he could be disgraced and the spot open. either way its clear lana will have the defacto power of jadus weither she technically has the position on the council or not which again I am not convinced of one way or the other.

there are more predecessors than just those two

I doubt we will get confirmation the writers want to play the jadus could be head of intelligence or he could be disgraced and the spot open. either way its clear lana will have the defacto power of jadus weither she technically has the position on the council or not which again I am not convinced of one way or the other.

Those are the ones the Agent knows personally, all others are therefore irrelevant by context.

And as I said, we'll know eventually. May be weeks, may be months, may as well be a year, but they'll tell us at some point. Untill then, you're free to believe whatever you like :)

No.

Again, read:

Lana will represent the Dark Council. I expect her to be afforded the same respect given to me.

If she was a member of the Dark Council, Marr would have inferred as such.

He does not.

Instead, he states she REPRESENTS the Dark Council. The wording seems clear as day to me.

Because of this?

Commander--coming from you, that's quite a compliment. I only hope I'll do my predecessors justice.

Last I checked, the Imperial Agent is NOT a Sith and as such, it is not its place to question whether Darth Jadus or Zhorrid were apt while managing their respective sphere of influence.

The same cannot be said from the former Keeper and Watcher Two, individuals which whom the Imperial Agent worked closely, regardless of your decisions throughout the class story.

Again, the dialogue is there and it seems clear as a day. If Darth Marr wanted to clearly state she was a Dark Council member, he would have.

He didn't, not to mention he continues to address Lana as a non-equal; she is clearly his subordinate, NOT his equal -- as in, a Council member.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

No.

Again, read:

If she was a member of the Dark Council, Marr would have inferred as such.

He does not.

Instead, he states she REPRESENTS the Dark Council. The wording seems clear as day to me.

Because of this?

Last I checked, the Imperial Agent is NOT a Sith and as such, it is not his place to question whether Darth Jadus or Zhorrid were apt while managing their respective sphere of influence.

The same cannot be said from the former Keeper and Watcher Two, individuals which whom the Imperial Agent worked closely, regardless of your decisions throughout your class story.

Again, the dialogue is there and it seems clear as a day. If Darth Marr wanted to clearly state she was a Dark Council member, he would have.

He didn't, not to mention he continues to address Lana as a non-equal; she is clearly his subordinate, NOT his equal.

I am quite well aware of your tendency to read what you want to read out of text. I am also well aware of your stubbornness to insist your read is the only one that can be made. though I would hope you having been wrong this whole time about if lana had a title would of made you less likely to jump into the potentially the same mistake. still I am well aware of your stubbornness and I really, really am not going to push this any further.

I am quite well aware of your tendency to read what you what to read out of text I am also well aware of your stubbornness to insist your read is the only one that can be made though I would hope you having been wrong this whole time about if lana had a title would of made you less likely to jump into the potentially the same mistake. still I am well aware of your stubbornness and I really, really am not going to push this any further.

Whatever you say, buttercup.

EDIT:

BTW, you do realize I was the one who brought up the definitive evidence, from Lana herself, that she was a Lord, right? Again, troll harder. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

oh nice classy insult that is sure to make your point for you. by the way the part about ignoring the rest of your post your post wasn't what I was responding to nor did I see it when I made that post.

edit doesn't stop you from being wrong up to that point.