The real reason World of Warcraft does better....(this is about Swtor)

Malckiah

A lot of folks bought Pet Rocks back in the day doesn't mean I am going to. Some on this forum still use them for inspiration :eek: As far as Wow subs I curious how much of that is the Asian market and the subs that are on hourly rate. I tried Wow on one of those free 7 day trials. I found Pong more exciting then Wow. It seemed like a cluster flock. If you enjoy it more power to you. Just not my cup of tea.

I agree. ONE of the reasons wow does better is due to ads. I see WoW ads everywhere...even on my uTorrent, Spotify and on facebook.

As the O.P. said, I stopped WoW shortly after SWTOR launched and have been playing SWTOR since. However, server size seems just right. And sure, ads everywhere might bring people in...but for the moment things are ok. Perhaps the new movie will pull people in...who knows.

Very simply put, people go where people are. It was the case with EQ, it is now the case with WoW and remains so for the time being.

If you make your game easy to pick up and play and find ways to hook folks as they go, presented in a clean interface and environment with a low performance threshold you will likely attract the masses.

This game missed on a few of those marks at launch. It is still rather clunky in many ways.

I'm just going to come out and say it; you're just being argumentative. The latest expansion has been advertised on TV, Facebook. YouTube, magazines, on demand cable, among other venues. You'd have to be a hermit living on Machu Pichu to have to heard of the latest expansion.

SO during our daily talk mentioned WOD on Spike and couple of other channels. we don't have a TV at home but where he works they do and they are pretty regular right now.

now, don't quote me on that - but they may even do super bowl spots... still top of my head - Aubrey Plaza who basically plays herself in everything but parks and recreations is pretty popular - was even more so when they shot her commercial

Well, I don't live on Machu Pichu... but maybe you should remember that "the U.S." is not the "whole world". So, no TV spots over here in my country (at least not during the hours I watch TV) - as I said, the last ones I've seen on TV where those Mr.T, van Damme & co. Spots.

As for Facebook and youtube: on the first, I follow my friends and some other people I like - Blizzard is none of them. So if they link a commercial that can be seen by their followers, I don't see it. And on youtube I don't search for random ad's.

And Superbowl... well, seen it (as I did the last 15 years), and will see the next one too, for sure. But since they don't show those U.S. commercials here, but rather our regular TV-commercials (depending on the channel where it is shown there might not be a commercial breaks at all - public service broadcast channels, where it was shown a few times, isn't allowed to show commercials past 8pm), I will not see them, too.

I've never played WoW. TOR here is the only MMO I've ever played. I have to take WoW players' posts here at face value. I'm tempted to try it but there isn't enough space on my PC. Also, my wife is uptight about paying for MMOs. I have to settle for buying 60-day time cards for this one. She freaks out over linking monthly sub fees to a card.