SWTOR revenue down...the causes?

LordArtemis

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh surprise surprise look what the cat drug in...Look our very own forum Lords White Knight has finally arrived!

(this my stealth post like the one poster who thinks he so clever does)

Shhhh. Were talking tdmaha. Ill play with you later.

So, again....Max? My question?

Edited by LordArtemis

Dude. Take a break. There will be time to play later. Were trying to have a discussion here.

So when I talk about the topic you smoke and mirror it...now you want to have a discussion and think you can tell me to leave? Lol yeah that ain't going to happen sorry LordArtemis.

So when I talk about the topic you smoke and mirror it...now you want to have a discussion and think you can tell me to leave? Lol yeah that ain't going to happen sorry LordArtemis.

Well, I'm still waiting for you to actually talk about the topic.

The topic is....

SWTOR revenue down....the causes?

Improve ARPPU, or ARPU vs ARPPU

Why this report is meaningless

Why no changes are needed to the current F2P system

What types of things would you like to see in the CM?

Any of those would do.

Edited by LordArtemis

Oh look, it's Ahab. Anyone who might for some unfathomable reason care can go back and see who was posting in and following this thread long before you ran in, dropped your proverbial trousers, and pulled your threadcrapping routine. :rolleyes:

Anyway -- what would get me to spend more in the CM. There have been a few decent suggestions. The real "killer ap" would be to have far more of the items individually purchasable, instead of random-rolls in packs. I have no interest in buying up pack after pack after pack on the slim hope that the item I want will be there.

If the items I actually want were for sale for reasonable prices, I might buy them direct instead of waiting for decent deals on GTN posted by people who "rolled" better than I did at the craps table that is CM packs.

It's the same reason I never got into collectable card or minis games, or the like.

See I don't think the CM is the problem. It's the end cycle of the content which equals to less players just like every other MMO that has ever existed. The more they put into the market the more people will complain. If you put out content that will draw more people in and at the same time create more revenue in the CM by selling outfits, mounts, decorations ect ect just like the stuff they sell now.

Oh look, it's Ahab. Anyone who might for some unfathomable reason care can go back and see who was posting in and following this thread long before you ran in, dropped your proverbial trousers, and pulled your threadcrapping routine. :rolleyes:

Anyway -- what would get me to spend more in the CM. There have been a few decent suggestions. The real "killer ap" would be to have far more of the items individually purchasable, instead of random-rolls in packs. I have no interest in buying up pack after pack after pack on the slim hope that the item I want will be there.

If the items I actually want were for sale for reasonable prices, I might buy them direct instead of waiting for decent deals on GTN posted by people who "rolled" better than I did at the craps table that is CM packs.

It's the same reason I never got into collectable card or minis games, or the like.

This was part of my concern. Sure, packs can be profitable, but I also think many avoid them and simply make the purchase on the GTN...when I would rather they spend CC on the CM.

I think more individual purchases of items in packs, along with the packs being sold as well would work better. So folks could spend a higher price to get a definite item, or spend less for a chance.

Well, I'm still waiting for you to actually talk about the topic.

The topic is....

SWTOR revenue down....the causes?

Improve ARPPU, or ARPU vs ARPPU

Why this report is meaningless

Why no changes are needed to the current F2P system

What types of things would you like to see in the CM?

Any of those would do.

I told you the cause..END OF CONTENT CYCLE just like in every other MMO that ever EXISTED!

But you didn't like that...

See I don't think the CM is the problem. It's the end cycle of the content which equals to less players just like every other MMO that has ever existed. The more they put into the market the more people will complain. If you put out content that will draw more people in and at the same time create more revenue in the CM by selling outfits, mounts, decorations ect ect just like the stuff they sell now.

Fair enough. What content do you think could pull in more folks. Do you have any specific ideas?

:

. I have no interest in buying up pack after pack after pack on the slim hope that the item I want will be there.

This^^^^, one reason I dont support the CM buying only sparingly, dont throw money at chances.

This was part of my concern. Sure, packs can be profitable, but I also think many avoid them and simply make the purchase on the GTN...when I would rather they spend CC on the CM.

I think more individual purchases of items in packs, along with the packs being sold as well would work better. So folks could spend a higher price to get a definite item, or spend less for a chance.

The pricing is also an issue, at least for me. It's hard for me to justify spending about $20 of real, actual money on a one-time-use cosmetic dye pack item in a game. If the dyes were removable and reusable, or could be collection-unlocked, then maybe I could justify that price to myself. But that will never happen, because just enough people are willing to drop $20 on it, and like all companies Bioware has trouble thinking past current quarter.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I told you the cause..END OF CONTENT CYCLE just like in every other MMO that ever EXISTED!

But you didn't like that...

Actually that is not what you did. You made an attempt to insult me. That is not participating in the discussion. That is participating in forum PVP.

You can speak against any contention I make, and I always welcome discourse... a lesson you should have learned by now. What i do not accept is blatant hyperbole.

If you want to ridicule my opinion, do so properly. I will welcome that.

Actually that is not what you did. You made an attempt to insult me. That is not participating in the discussion. That is participating in forum PVP.

You can speak against any contention I make, and I always welcome discourse... a lesson you should have learned by now. What i do not accept is blatant hyperbole.

Forum PvP... that's actually a pretty good term for it.

Or are we just drawing high agro from a wandering mob?

I'll come back later when you guys are done with the triple...:rolleyes:

Ew... just... ew... :mon_tongue:

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Dude did you not see the bottom...that was a stealth post made famous by your white knight. You weren't supposed to see it or know who it was about.

Oh I bet max would love some type of FOLLOW thing sold in the CM. He would buy lots of those.

You are getting very close to violating forum rules again tdmaha. This is the definition of trolling. Cut it out.

Fair enough. What content do you think could pull in more folks. Do you have any specific ideas?

Yeah I'm all for the level cap with new worlds it would be nice if they were large, expansive and gave you reason to explore. Personal stories are out the window but any story as long as it's good and draws you in. I enjoy the FP and ops (new ones not re skinned difficulties). Revamp crafting and companions...just to name a few. We are limited because of the engine but I think everything I mentioned is doable with the current engine.

Yeah I'm all for the level cap with new worlds it would be nice if they were large, expansive and gave you reason to explore. Personal stories are out the window but any story as long as it's good and draws you in. I enjoy the FP and ops (new ones not re skinned difficulties). Revamp crafting and companions...just to name a few. We are limited because of the engine but I think everything I mentioned is doable with the current engine.

Ok, that is a pretty good list. The upcoming expansion has some of those elements.

So you are saying....

1) Level cap increase

2) New expansive worlds that encourage exploring

3) Some kind of story arc

4) Brand new FPs and OPs

5) A companion and crafting revamp.

...am I correct?

It's a good list. I would like to hear more about your thoughts on the companion and crafting revamps.

Edited by LordArtemis

Umm asking if this is your first MMO is not an insult it's a simple question. Telling you making that prediction is like me predicting it will snow in mn is not an insult it's actually true.

Umm asking if this is your first MMO is not an insult it's a simple question.

Now you are insulting my intelligence. You meant it as an insult tdmaha. One of many in the post.

Telling you making that prediction is like me predicting it will snow in mn is not an insult it's actually true.

Again, it's pretty clear the entire post was meant as a direct insult.

Look, i understand, I get under your skin. For that I apologize.

I would rather return to the reasonable discussion we were having. If you wish to continue, continue.

Ok, that is a pretty good list. The upcoming expansion has some of those elements.

So you are saying....

1) Level cap increase

2) New expansive worlds that encourage exploring

3) Some kind of story arc

4) Brand new FPs and OPs

5) A companion and crafting revamp.

...am I correct?

It's a good list. I would like to hear more about your thoughts on the companion and crafting revamps.

Well with the companions I don't think it would happen because it would fall into personal story arc. But I liked gaining their rep and opening new missions. I think it would be a great filler if they added to this. For example make a story where two of them get into an argument and one takes off and gets into trouble. Now it takes you on an arc to figure what happen...something along those lines again will never happen.

Again because gear is sold in the CM this wouldn't happen, but in other Mmos I enjoy crafting armour sets in Swtor nobody crafts any armour. Just make it more usable then stims and top level mods that sell for ridiculous amounts GSH was a step in this direction ...and I have a ridiculous amount of credits...