The Confirmed 3.0 Changes thread

TACeMossie

(Edit: why I quoted you was to point out that Gut is still one of your most important Abilities)

it's similar for Mando heals they get the 8 Person heal at 26 and the 4 Person heal at 57

you'll need the 8 person heal no sooner then 50 the 4 person heal would be way better for anything below

(even in warzones the higher range trumps being able to heal 8ppl that were foolish enough to stack up so they can be AOEed down more efficiently)

however, if you compare only the DPS specs then yea I'd agree Shockstrike and tactical Surge should definitively be lv57.

but since these Abilities only functionality is to dazzle us with their amazing animations you can bet they won't switch them around.

Of course it 's an important part of your rotation, I would never say it isn't. Was just being friendly to let people know that it isn't necessary to have that bleed to fire a Rail Shot/High Impact Bolt at a target anymore.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the Stream firsthand, I renew my passion for the new Tactics/AP. It takes everything I love about the old Assault/Pyro, takes DoT management out of it, buffs the right AoE, and give me fantastic Burst and Sustained damage. What is not to like? Not a darn thing.

Too bad my Guild need my VG to tank in 3.0, but at least my PT on the Imp side of the guild can be a AP all-star

I'm curious. On the new Balance/Madness specs (and supposedly Vigilance/Vengeance), the dots are transferable with using Force in Balance or Death Field (or smash/sweep). Do Powertechs/Vanguards get the same thing?

No, and your dots are still cleansable as far as I know. The best part about that is the huge neon sign Plasmatize puts over the target's head when it's active. That DoT won't last long against any team with a competent healer, unless it's got some built in anti-cleanse that isn't mentioned in the tooltip.

Edited by Vember

No, and your dots are still cleansable as far as I know. The best part about that is the huge neon sign Plasmatize puts over the target's head when it's active. That DoT won't last long against any team with a competent healer, unless it's got some built in anti-cleanse that isn't mentioned in the tooltip.

No DoTs are cleansable in 3.0. So everywhere you see removes cleansable effects (not purgeable but cleansable) you have to understand everything but scripted events CC and players DoTs.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

No DoTs are cleansable in 3.0. So everywhere you see removes cleansable effects (not purgeable but cleansable) you have to understand everything but scripted events CC and players DoTs.

Alright, yea I remember hearing that now. That makes more sense, considering the huge graphical effect of Plasmatize.

TAC did I read something right in an earlier post in this thread? I believe it sounded like Pulse Cannon is going to be out of the Tactics rotation? ...and with Tactical Surge replacing Ion Pulse, does this FINALLY mean then end of wanna be sorc lightning shooting vanguards?! (for those that spec tactics anyway) If so, I'm ecstatic! :eek: Edited by Saregon

DoT's are NOT cleanseable anymore, only Stuns...