For the Love of God BW Get a Mod for the PvP Forum

Capt_Beers

I remember for the first few years the entire forums were HEAVILY moderated. Now?

No employees....Hey wait I got it. Put that "CM" new girl on moderating. Forgot her name, the one with no gaming background other then a few Youtube videos that was hired.

She's got my vote!

Who are you talking about???

I love the PvP forums. Watching people piss their pants in anger like little kids who let go of their helium-filled balloon is one of my favorite ways to pass the time. :D:p The best part of it all is, all that anger, ignorance and sometimes even hate results in... well, nothing really.

Besides, nothing will change even if it's moderated. Time and time again, across ever so many games, the vocal minority of the PvP scene show themselves to be the toxic cesspool of the community. Moderate the PvP forum and they'll just spill over to the other forums.

If I were to guess, if folks were ranking PVP in MMOs as in a top ten, SWTOR would not even make the list.

Naturally it has its benefits, good design points here and there and a relatively loyal portion of the playerbase. But I think the general consensus among PVP players would be that the system here is on the poor end.

ESPECIALLY with respect to large player groups.

The general consensus from most of the PVP players I know personally (obviously not claiming to speak for everyone,) - "tons of potential, mostly squandered."

I'd really like you to go back in the PvP forum and find a page that *isn't* like what you described. In fact, any PvP forum that isn't what you just described. Whining and screeching is pretty much the essence of all PvP forums. Also, bullying, belittling, and dick-measuring. I don't think any mod deserves to be subjected to a PvP forum. Let them scream each other out of existence until only the statisticians are left.

Pretty much this. Hardcore online gamers are generally immature and hardcore PVP gamers are the elite among them. It's the nature of the playstyle. Pitting yourself against another livng being, instead of an AI, generally makes you more competitive thus leading to more griefing/screaming/trolling and all that pretty stuff.

The PvP in this game is fantastic. The competitive PvP in this game is garbage. SWTOR isn't going to be the next e-sport, but there are many constructive posts to improve PvP that get buried/ignored for speed hack threads where someone uses Predation. This isn't a crafting game, but people craft. This isn't an RP game, but people RP. I wouldn't expect BW to ignore these players either.

You're wrong. I originally played this game specifically because I enjoy PvP in MMOs...although it's certainly lacking in PvP content, the PvP this game does have is amazing. It's complex, it's well paced and it's enjoyable.

I love it when I can goad PvP'ers into saying positive things about the PvP in this game.

Usually they're just so negative :D

(of course, usually the attempt backfires and I either get some personal attacks or they go on a long tirade about how this game will die if PvP'ers stop playing because 99% of all players are PvP'ers or something like that :( )

Edited by OddballEasyEight

This isn't an RP game, but people RP. I wouldn't expect BW to ignore these players either.

Did you miss the 'RP' in MMORPG? And, RP is a server category. Like it is for PVP and PVE.

Now let me say something that doesn't sound like I'm mocking you. I do agree that Bioware shouldn't ignore anyone with a valid complaint on the fourm.