Question about Servers(PVE, PVP, RP)

EclipseUn

I understand that PVP is Player Vs Player and RP is Role-Playing which would mean that PVP Servers are for those who like PVP(Obviously) and the RP servers are for those who which to RP(Again, Obviously) and RP-PVP is for those who want to do both. So my question is are PVE servers the standard MMO playing? Or is it sort of a combination of everything?

Just wondering because I have friends that can't decide what type of server to join, and they like to RP, PVP, and do questing with friends which would be PVE I guess.

So what type of server would be best for those who want to be a bit of everything?

I understand that PVP is Player Vs Player and RP is Role-Playing which would mean that PVP Servers are for those who like PVP(Obviously) and the RP servers are for those who which to RP(Again, Obviously) and RP-PVP is for those who want to do both. So my question is are PVE servers the standard MMO playing? Or is it sort of a combination of everything?

Just wondering because I have friends that can't decide what type of server to join, and they like to RP, PVP, and do questing with friends which would be PVE I guess.

So what type of server would be best for those who want to be a bit of everything?

Generally PvE servers unless you want world PvP then PvP servers. I prefer RP servers since generally the player base is a bit more mature/relaxed and I tend to do some light/moderate RP in the MMOs I play. Nothing more than in character banter, some light backstory, etc.

Standard MMORPG practice is to start your PvP character on a PvE server, max their level, and then transfer them to a PvP server.

After all, the rule of PvP servers is that there are only two levels: "Max" and "Gank Bait," and the gank bait isn't allowed to ever reach max by those who are already there at max. Hence the above.

Standard MMORPG practice is to start your PvP character on a PvE server, max their level, and then transfer them to a PvP server.

After all, the rule of PvP servers is that there are only two levels: "Max" and "Gank Bait," and the gank bait isn't allowed to ever reach max by those who are already there at max. Hence the above.

You will not be able to transfer from PvE to PvP.

It is harder to lvl up and complete world bosses on a PvP server and there is no easy route to exploit getting past it by levelling up on an easymode server.

Edited by Scan

PVP servers have everything PVE servers have. You're just able to engage in PVP with members of the opposite faction in certain zones. RP servers are the exact same (PVE or PVP respectively), but roleplaying (loosely) enforced.