Tanks need accuracy now.

aceavenger

Watching the live stream now. Tank taunts can now miss, both area and single target. According to the live stream tanks now need accuracy. Good news is that we will get an accuracy buff with our tanking stance but we will still have to take away from our stats for some accuracy. Edited by aceavenger

Watching the live stream now. Tank taunts can now miss, both area and single target. According to the live stream tanks now need accuracy. Good news is that we will get an accuracy buff with our tanking stance but we will still have to take away from our stats for some accuracy.

No...

They are giving a 10% buff. You'll have 110% default accuracy added to the default pre modification 100%. You won't have to gear for ANY extra accuracy.

While we won't need extra accuracy from gear, its not without its costs. We lose damage to gain that "free accuracy". In simple terms: slightly lower damage is a slightly lower threat ceiling, while dps numbers are expected to remain near current values.

I'd much rather see them can this idea and do:

Double the base cooldown on all taunts (less dps taunting in PvP which is the goal)

Instead of +10% accuracy in tank stance; make it reduce taunt cooldowns by 50%

DPS can only taunt every 60/90 seconds instead of 15/45- helps the PvP goal they want

Tanks still get 15/45 second taunts. No change.

Lessens the ability of DPS to taunt in PvP. Doesn't affect tanks in PvP/PvE at all.

While we won't need extra accuracy from gear, its not without its costs. We lose damage to gain that "free accuracy". In simple terms: slightly lower damage is a slightly lower threat ceiling, while dps numbers are expected to remain near current values.

I'd much rather see them can this idea and do:

Double the base cooldown on all taunts (less dps taunting in PvP which is the goal)

Instead of +10% accuracy in tank stance; make it reduce taunt cooldowns by 50%

DPS can only taunt every 60/90 seconds instead of 15/45- helps the PvP goal they want

Tanks still get 15/45 second taunts. No change.

Lessens the ability of DPS to taunt in PvP. Doesn't affect tanks in PvP/PvE at all.

Eh???? This change doesn't affect DPS at all. Taunts are Force/Tech effects. No classes has resistance stats (except sin tank and during some CD (Shroud, Pyro PT Chaff Flare)). So taunt accuracy is still 100% for DPS.

Actually, I would expect to see that Tank threat output will remain on the same level. We will have smaller hits, but all of our hits will be consistant since we no longer have to worry about missing. I imagine it will be much easier to hold agro when we don't have to worry about unlucky streaks of missed high-threat attacks. Not to mention we no longer have to worry about bosses resisting when we try to reapply our debuffs.

Making tanks hit capped could be a substantial buff to the reliability of tank threat generation (which is mitigated in the live game by taunts, and even an accuracy adrenal for some tanks). For all we know, tanks could be getting a comparative buff to threat generation, even if they're getting specific tuning to reduce their damage to compensate for being hit capped.

Overall, I anticipate this being a positive change for PvE tanks just considering the itemisation issues they've had since launch. At least accuracy wont be a trap for new tanks and they wont be saddled with mean spirited RnG for replacing accuracy with shield. PvP is another story, as I would prefer the devs to restrict taunts to tank stance rather than introduce RnG.

Beyond that there could be more things related to tanks that can't be discussed until the devs bring up the relevant specifics on their twitch stream, like set bonuses.

Edited by Marb

Q: Taunts can now miss on Operation bosses?

A: Dependent on the operation boss, the system now allow this capacity and some bosses can have buffs that have extra defense to force players to gear up accuracy.

So even with 10% extra accuracy for tanks we can miss taunt in some fights.

A: Dependent on the operation boss, the system now allow this capacity and some bosses can have buffs that have extra defense to force players to gear up accuracy.

The devs didn't specify what boss buffs they meant, so they could have just meant the normal 10% Force/Tech resistance buff that every boss currently has. I took this to mean that any DPS with low accuracy would have a chance to miss when trying to taunt an operation boss. Anyone at the accuracy cap would be fine.

Otherwise it would turn into a massive pain where every DPS and Tank in the party would need an extra gearset with more accuracy just for specific boss fights that have the "extra defense." I don't see BioWare going down that road.

People have really over looked this. Also taunts are not Force/Tech abilities as some stated earlier. So we will be forced to carry some acc in our gear for some fights. Rather then making it harder to Tank in PvE cause PvPers love to cry, why don't we reduce the dmg reduction debuff taunts place on other players. Tanks in PvE don't get the short end of the stick and PvPers can beg the devs to nerf something else that is "OP"

People have really over looked this. Also taunts are not Force/Tech abilities as some stated earlier. So we will be forced to carry some acc in our gear for some fights. Rather then making it harder to Tank in PvE cause PvPers love to cry, why don't we reduce the dmg reduction debuff taunts place on other players. Tanks in PvE don't get the short end of the stick and PvPers can beg the devs to nerf something else that is "OP"

They aren't F/T... But we don't know exactly where they interact with accuracy. I've never missed an interrupt (which are also active and not F/T as you proved) on an accuracy capped toon. And every abilities but your auto attack have 100% base accuracy. So I doubt Taunts are differnet than Interrupt or any other attack.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Taunts could be resisted for a very short time before 2.0 went live (exactly like a force/tech attack). Interrupts are also listed as "active" but they can be resisted without 110% force/tech accuracy. This seems to indicate that the game treats them as F/T, even if they're not labelled as such on the ability sheet.

I think it's a fair to assume that taunts will be considered F/T in 3.0, just like interrupts are in the live game.

Edited by Marb

Taunts could be resisted for a very short time before 2.0 went live (exactly like a force/tech attack). Interrupts are also listed as "active" but they can be resisted without 110% force/tech accuracy. This seems to indicate that the game treats them as F/T, even if they're not labelled as such on the ability sheet.

I think it's a fair to assume that taunts will be considered F/T in 3.0, just like interrupts are in the live game.

I remember I was there. I use to hate it when my taunt would fail on Toth or Zorn in HM and the group would wipe. I was not alone in that and the community agreed that it needs to be removed. BW listened and they removed that. So why go back on that now?

I remember I was there. I use to hate it when my taunt would fail on Toth or Zorn in HM and the group would wipe. I was not alone in that and the community agreed that it needs to be removed. BW listened and they removed that. So why go back on that now?

Because they are NOT going back to that.. What don,t you understand in tank get a 10% accuracy bonus in taank stance????

Because they are NOT going back to that.. What don,t you understand in tank get a 10% accuracy bonus in taank stance????

Silko is convinced that tech/force attacks will still miss at 110% force/tech accuracy.

Edited by Marb