Matrix Shards

IncenseGrey

Ok here goes. Lots of spoilers so only read ahead if you really want to.

Matrix shards you get from datacrons that are scattered across the planets, using your codex click on planets and clicking on the magnifying glass symbol you can see your achievements you have completed and not completed for each planet. It also shows how many datacrons there are per planet.

Now the matrix shards come in different colours and when assembled at the assembler ( For Sith its near a cave next to the sith dark temple on dramund kass and for republic its on coruscant at the lost assembly vault which is directly to the west (right) when you enter the jedi temple ) by combining the different colours of shards in sequence you can create a relic for your character, the type of stats you get for the relic depend on how you combine the shards.

Here is a link explaining it all and with some combinations, not sure how old this info is or how true it is just so you know. http://uk.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-the-old-republic/Assembler

Now to take the relics apart and get your shards back you need a Reconstructed Disassembler Core which costs 20k from NPC's but there are ways to get them for 8k on certain planets when exploring I found on balmorra for example a hidden junk dealer that sold a 8k core rod thing, that opened a chest near him that gave me a Reconstructed Disassembler, so it is possible to get them for only 8k from these hidden junk dealers on certain planets. A friend of mine also try'd it and he got one too.

That should explain everything with the added bonus of costing you 16k less to take them apart if you want to.

Edited by TRONEON

Ok here goes. Lots of spoilers so only read ahead if you really want to.

Matrix shards you get from datacrons that are scattered across the planets, using your codex click on planets and clicking on the magnifying glass symbol you can see your achievements you have completed and not completed for each planet. It also shows how many datacrons there are per planet.

Now the matrix shards come in different colours and when assembled at the assembler ( For Sith its near a cave next to the sith dark temple on dramund kass and for republic its on coruscant at the lost assembly vault which is directly to the west (right) when you enter the jedi temple ) by combining the different colours of shards in sequence you can create a relic for your character, the type of stats you get for the relic depend on how you combine the shards.

Here is a link explaining it all and with some combinations, not sure how old this info is or how true it is just so you know. http://uk.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-the-old-republic/Assembler

Now to take the relics apart and get your shards back you need a Reconstructed Disassembler Core which costs 20k from NPC's but there are ways to get them for 8k on certain planets when exploring I found on balmorra for example a hidden junk dealer that sold a 8k core rod thing, that opened a chest near him that gave me a Reconstructed Disassembler, so it is possible to get them for only 8k from these hidden junk dealers on certain planets. A friend of mine also try'd it and he got one too.

That should explain everything with the added bonus of costing you 16k less to take them apart if you want to.

Theres one of those little guys in Tattooine in the starter city for Empire that sells it for 8k.

what if i put my Matrix Shards in the Input Panel by mistake... can i get them back? i didnt know what i was doing when i did it?... any answers?

Read my post above it explains everything you need to know to get your shards back.