Advanced Class Help

Snownight

I'm level 16 and been leveling through the 12x experience package. Since i'm doing only story missions do I have to go back to the starting planet and do all those missions before I can unlock my advanced class? I'm playing the imperial agent. I did the fleet return ability to go to the big circle place and went there to learn it but he kept stating "dont bother me"

I had a lvl 40 before that I leveled at launch but decided to start playing again since I got into the Star Wars books. I pretty much forgot everything about the game so decided to start fresh.

Edited by Snownight

No, you do not have to go back to your starter planet and do those planet missions. The only requirement for training your Advanced Class is level 10.

You will, however, need to go back to the Fleet. If you are Republic, there will be an elevator marked Tython and Ord Mantell Departures. For Empire it's Korriban and Hutta. Near that elevator is an NPC who will give you a mission to select your advanced class. Get the mission, then go talk to the AC trainer (near your regular class trainer), and make your choice.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

I'm level 16 and been leveling through the 12x experience package. Since i'm doing only story missions do I have to go back to the starting planet and do all those missions before I can unlock my advanced class? I'm playing the imperial agent. I did the fleet return ability to go to the big circle place and went there to learn it but he kept stating "dont bother me"

I had a lvl 40 before that I leveled at launch but decided to start playing again since I got into the Star Wars books. I pretty much forgot everything about the game so decided to start fresh.

Make sure you complete the story missions on the starter planet first, which does require you to take the shuttle to the fleet. That may trigger the advanced class mission for you if you cannot access it.

Make sure you complete the story missions on the starter planet first, which does require you to take the shuttle to the fleet. That may trigger the advanced class mission for you if you cannot access it.

No, no and no.

Why do people still keep telling this lie?

Getting advanced class has nothing to do completing any anything on the starting planet.

To get and you have to the fleet and talk to a quest giver that will then tell you to go to advanced class trainer.

The most common mistake people make is running directly to the AC trainer without first talking to the guy that gives you a mission to go to the AC trainer.

The mission to get your AC just requires you to be level 10 or higher and find the right quest giver on the fleet that gives that mission.

It is a standalone mission that is not a followup from any other mission.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what you have or have not completed on starting planet.

Edited by Eternalnight

No, no and no.

Why do people still keep telling this lie?

Getting advanced class has nothing to do completing any anything on the starting planet.

To get and you have to the fleet and talk to a quest giver that will then tell you to go to advanced class trainer.

The most common mistake people make is running directly to the AC trainer without first talking to the guy that gives you a mission to go to the AC trainer.

The mission to get your AC just requires you to be level 10 or higher and find the right quest giver on the fleet that gives that mission.

It is a standalone mission that is not a followup from any other mission.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what you have or have not completed on starting planet.

Lol try reading my post again. What I got out of the OPs post was that he was not able to pick up the mission, in which case I offered a suggestion. The AC quest giver is the first thing you see when getting off the elevator from the starter planet's transport hangar. I would have figured anyone would see it, but if the OP ran past him and went straight to the abilities trainer then obviously he missed a step.