Forum options

Zedkuss

Hi. It would be nice to see a few changes to the forums

First- I'm unable to view my posts/threads. Every time I try, it tells me I don't have access..This is annoying when I ask help and try to find those threads again.

Second- Search bar. If I cant view my threads, at least let me search forums for it or similar topics.

Third- Server forums. Makes guild recruitment a lot easier..

I'm sure you guys have your hands full with the actual game but it would still be nice to see these features on the forums. I'd even be willing to do it for you guys in my spare time.

Hi. It would be nice to see a few changes to the forums

First- I'm unable to view my posts/threads. Every time I try, it tells me I don't have access..This is annoying when I ask help and try to find those threads again.

Second- Search bar. If I cant view my threads, at least let me search forums for it or similar topics.

Third- Server forums. Makes guild recruitment a lot easier..

I'm sure you guys have your hands full with the actual game but it would still be nice to see these features on the forums. I'd even be willing to do it for you guys in my spare time.

1+2 -- they had a sticky i'll try to find it again (lol) saying that there was some issues and they are temporarily disabling search. Since find posts by, and search (obviously) use the search function they are out of commission for the moment.

3 -- They've already stated that there are not going to be individual server forums, and that it is up to the server community to decide where they are going to centralize themselves if at all. Not that I agree with this, it's just what they said.

Edited by Battyone

Hi Zedkuss!

The features that you have requested regarding search have all been temporarily disabled as we run maintenance on the forums. We will let everybody know when these features return.

Here is a quote by Amber Green regarding this:

Hello everyone! For the next several days, we will be performing some back end maintenance on the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Forums. During this time, you will be unable to use the search function for the Forums. However, there will be no other effects to you as a user, and you will be able to continue to message, post, reply, and report as normal.

We apologize for any inconvenience. When maintenance has been completed and searching is functional again we will post here, so please watch this thread for any updates or additional information.

1+2 -- they had a sticky i'll try to find it again (lol) saying that there was some issues and they are temporarily disabling search. Since find posts by, and search (obviously) use the search function they are out of commission for the moment.

3 -- They've already stated that there are not going to be individual server forums, and that it is up to the server community to decide where they are going to centralize themselves if at all. Not that I agree with this, it's just what they said.

oh. thanks

You could solve 1 a little by automatically subscribing to every thread you post in, be it your threads or those of others. You can easily keep track of replies to your posts and react to them in time.

Not as convenient as simply searching for your own content, but effective.

Maintenance by the way? I haven't been able to search my own posts and threads since beta forums went down.

Edited by Dekadez