New Conquest point exploit

LordHartigan

This is somewhat out of curiosity, but at conquest reset this past week (10/21), several in our guild noticed that some guilds had an unusually high conquest points tallies relative to the little time since the point reset. In less than 6 hours one guild had over 2 million points. The next day a guild had 6 million. A guild mate reported that one guild had over a 100,000 a mere 3-4 minutes after reset. These are totals we're used to seeing at the end of the week, not two days. I'm curious if it's even mathematically possible. Anyone noticed this and/or think it's cause for concern or do these guilds just have that many people. Edited by LordHartigan

Crafting.

Just to elaborate a bit.

This week you get 2000 points per Invasion force crafted. Although most weeks it's a one time objective, this week it is repeatable. With a 100% stronghold bonus you get 4000 per IF.

There's also a 500 point general crafting objective that is also repeatable. Again, with a 100% stronghold bonus you get 1000 extra points. Furthermore, if your guild has invaded CZ or Quesh, you can get another 500 points for a 1500 total for the objective, or 5500 points for each Invasion Force you craft.

If you have 5 companions start crafting 5 Invasion forces well in advance, and don't log into that toon until moments after your guild invades, you can instantly get 25 Invasion force rewards, totaling 137,500 points. You can repeat this on every crafting toon in your guild.

The totals you saw are perfectly understandable this week for any guild that adequately planned ahead.

Yup... I hit my personal goal on every character shortly after I logged in with just 7 Invasion forces each. Been saving them premade war supplies for a while now just for that.

Easy 1.xx Million just in my characters doing those 7 invasion forces. (Yes I have 100% SH so it's 4k a pop)

Quick estimate on my part puts each crafting characters potential Conquest Point output from just crafting at roughly 800,000 each. (Give or take slightly depending on the characters crafting efficiency.)

That makes this week truly a crafting war, with a little bit of other content thrown in just because.

Every week is a crafting war see this thread for proof if you can sift through the venom

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=766393

With the big difference, of course, being that this week is intended to be a crafting war. We can argue if crafting is OP in other weeks, but this week that's the way it's supposed to be.

Edited by Brewski

Thanks for the responses. yeah, I guess when the conquest points and bonuses are set up the way they are this week, a guild really has no one to blame but themselves. Since if you log off in the middle of crafting you only get the points when you log back in you could easily have started the invasion forces well prior to reset. I kind of like it actually. Just too bad I didn't plan a little better. Edited by LordHartigan

This is nothing, a guild on our server put up 6 milion points the first day in crafting alone.

Crafting has destroyed Conquests and made it so no one is interested in doing them anymore, minus the few people out there that want to grind crafting all day.

This is nothing, a guild on our server put up 6 milion points the first day in crafting alone.

Crafting has destroyed Conquests and made it so no one is interested in doing them anymore, minus the few people out there that want to grind crafting all day.

6 mil on the first day is nothing. At 137,500 points per character, per cycle (about 18 hours) that's only 44 characters. Most crafters have at least 4 crafting characters, so it's something like 11 accounts.

This conquest is supposed to be about crafting. You might have noticed the repeatable, rather than one-time, bonus on the Invasion Force crafts, perhaps?

If nobody is interested in doing conquests any more, why are there full top 10 lists on every conquest on every server? Not all guilds may be interested in winning, especially not on a weekly basis, but a whole lot of them are interested in the play mode.

Time - 218 BC

Location - Command Tent of Hannibal of Carthage

Advisor_01: "My Lord, the beasts are ready, the men are trained. Now is the time we conquer Rome!"

Hannibal: "Aye, Advisor_01, if only it were that easy. You see, even though this is a war, Rome has too many wine-makers."

Advisor_01: "Sire, what are you saying!"

Hannibal: "This CONQUEST was lost before we ever crossed the Alps. Their crafting is too strong."

Time - 218 BC

Location - Command Tent of Hannibal of Carthage

Advisor_01: "My Lord, the beasts are ready, the men are trained. Now is the time we conquer Rome!"

Hannibal: "Aye, Advisor_01, if only it were that easy. You see, even though this is a war, Rome has too many wine-makers."

Advisor_01: "Sire, what are you saying!"

Hannibal: "This CONQUEST was lost before we ever crossed the Alps. Their crafting is too strong."

Perfect.

"This conquest"? Are you pretending that EVERY Conquest hasn't favored crafting?

Ah, TUXy. Read for context, bro. THIS conquest is specifically and obviously geared to crafting. That's all I said. Please keep your words (and everything else) out of my mouth, thanks.

Crafting.

I have to agree, invasion force would due for 100.000 the first 5 min... but here is the question...

Even if prefabs used only 2 times, what if this week was prefabs instead of invasion forces (again)...? So its not actually crafting but gabbling? Are u keen of spending 1-2 million of crafting materials for something you dont know for sure ? (Conquest objectives).

for the records and from my personal crafting this week . With 30% conquest bonus points from stronghold completion, I got 15000 per 5 invasion forces, +2 war suplies, that also means, if I used 25 invasion forces per character, I would get 75000k per character.

But I never do this kind of booms... because I am sooooo over with ivansion forces, I have so many and this thing is not selling. But I finished 10 characters in 24 hours.

I can only say that the conquest thing is unbalanced. Only invasion forces and there is no point to make people craft only invasion forces... Only few use it! They should give content for it, there is no point to craft it in that ammount!

Prefabs are most welcome, because we buy decorations with them...invasion forces are meh...

Edited by Oyranos

Perhaps, but it has raised the value of tons of mats that were worthless before...

So from that point of view, I'm loving it... many, many millions of credits later... :)

I think I'm making more money selling mats to crafters than I would by winning conquest...

Ah, TUXy. Read for context, bro. THIS conquest is specifically and obviously geared to crafting. That's all I said. Please keep your words (and everything else) out of my mouth, thanks.

How is this week any different???

How is this week any different???

It's not. However the point was made that this is one of the conquest weeks where crafting is absolutely on the agenda over all the other content available (repeatable Invasion Forces).

If any guild wants to win, they'll have to be organised and have crafters with enough mats to put out some decent numbers. Either that or wait for the weeks where there are more planets to invade (Total Galactic War) and have the mats saved up from the weeks in-between. In the mean time most of us do the minimal amount possible to be in the top 10 while the larger guilds waste mats.

The guild i'm in has deliberately avoided going head to head with certain guilds, however if it came down to it, getting 6 mill points in a day from crafting isn't really an issue. We just prefer to play other content in the game etc.

It really is just a case of picking your fights. Little point in trying to go head to head with large guilds regardless of whether they decide to craft or not. :rolleyes:

As someone who is not in a big guild, and doesn't grind PvP and endgame content so much, it's nice to have a crafting-based week every once in a while. The cash payout and utility decos are a nice thing to be able to get for individual characters from time to time.

However, it does seem very odd that most weeks, crafting a single "war supply" is worth the same number of points as defeating 250 or however many mobs on a certain planet, as one example -- and that while the crafting is repeatable, only a single character in one legacy can take advantage of many of those "defeat this many X on planet Y" options. .

As someone who is not in a big guild, and doesn't grind PvP and endgame content so much, it's nice to have a crafting-based week every once in a while. The cash payout and utility decos are a nice thing to be able to get for individual characters from time to time.

However, it does seem very odd that most weeks, crafting a single "war supply" is worth the same number of points as defeating 250 or however many mobs on a certain planet, as one example -- and that while the crafting is repeatable, only a single character in one legacy can take advantage of many of those "defeat this many X on planet Y" options. .

One of many obvious flaws that should have been fixed during the first stages of conquest development point discussion, yet made its way all the way to the live update.

It's not. However the point was made that this is one of the conquest weeks where crafting is absolutely on the agenda over all the other content available (repeatable Invasion Forces).

If any guild wants to win, they'll have to be organised and have crafters with enough mats to put out some decent numbers. Either that or wait for the weeks where there are more planets to invade (Total Galactic War) and have the mats saved up from the weeks in-between. In the mean time most of us do the minimal amount possible to be in the top 10 while the larger guilds waste mats.

The guild i'm in has deliberately avoided going head to head with certain guilds, however if it came down to it, getting 6 mill points in a day from crafting isn't really an issue. We just prefer to play other content in the game etc.

It really is just a case of picking your fights. Little point in trying to go head to head with large guilds regardless of whether they decide to craft or not. :rolleyes:

I don't get it...you think that because they mention crafting this week, it's somehow better than other weeks? Crafting is always on the agenda...mentioned or not. He who crafts the most, wins.