*** bioware?:)

LolThieveJalocin

Read the post to which I responded. If the point continues to elude you, exit thread.

I did. Your response simply doesn't make sense. Try elaborating. What does EA owning Bioware have to do with the fact that Bioware is not responsible for the pricing and selling of the game?

*sigh*

I take it elaborating on your statement is too hard?

Very well, nevermind. You don't have to if you don't want t.

Edit:

No, Bioware is not EA and EA is not Bioware.

One is a developing company.

One is a publishing company.

One is responsible for maing the game.

One funds and determines the proce of the game.

Welcome to Video Game Development 101! :)

Edited by Pythoris

I don't think many people understand exactly how corporate ownership or buying out other companies works.

Bioware can't tell EA what to do. EA tells them what to do. If EA wants to set the price of a game at $65, Bioware shuts up and takes it. If EA wants them to ship six months early, Bioware does it and eats the bad press.

Here's an analogy Mannic. I work at taco bell. Someone is mad at the price I'm selling tacos for and demands I explain my pricing. I say, "I just produce and sell these, take it up with Taco Bell if you have an issue." Now...Do i need to give you another one?

I don't think many people understand exactly how corporate ownership or buying out other companies works.

Bioware can't tell EA what to do. EA tells them what to do. If EA wants to set the price of a game at $65, Bioware shuts up and takes it. If EA wants them to ship six months early, Bioware does it and eats the bad press.

^^Exactly.

Mannic, I hope you're taking notes.

*sigh*

BioWare makes the game. The code is then handed to EA, who holds publishing rights and who determines packaging, distribution licenses, etc.

EA sets prices, not BioWare. Just because Bioware is owned by EA doesn't mean they knw why prices are different. I'm certain they're focused on improving the game and managing the community.

And clearly you have great insight into the internal workings of EA and Bioware. Oh...wait...you're just another anon spouting opinions on a forum.

And clearly you have great insight into the internal workings of EA and Bioware. Oh...wait...you're just another anon spouting opinions on a forum.

And where's your counter arguement of how it works? Oh wait, you don't have one and are just "spouting opinions on a forum"...got it. =)