Thanks BW :)

Korikana

Just wanted to say thanks to all the hard work BW put into this game;

You have just locked me out of ALL ultimate comms from Group Finder as my PC cant handle 16 mans..

"Buy a better PC" Have Kids, cant afford it.

Cheers.. may I now have a reasonable response from a yellow as to why they have locked me and many others out of our Ult comms every week? Did the idea of a CHOICE of 8 or 16 man never occur to you?.... Can tell EA has been here..

"Buy a better PC" Have Kids, cant afford it.

Nothing infuriates me more than people using their kids as an excuse.

I guess "don't play games that require PCs you can't afford and instead spend more time with your children" would not seem reasonable to you, huh?

Edited by TheNahash

I guess "don't play games that require PCs you can't afford and instead spend more time with your children" would not seem reasonable to you, huh?

^

Want a better PC? Budget for it by saving up each month instead of just going off to buy one right away. I may not have kids, but I am saving for my higher edumacashun, so only a small part of what I am saving up is actually going into my "new PC funding" section. Maybe a hundred dollars tops.

If you have a goal (Toy A for Sammy, Toy B for Christi, Video Game C for spouse and Computer for you) you can arrange things in way that you can say "Toys by the holidays, PC by my next birthday as my birthday present to me" or something. Not saying that it'll work out that way IRL, but just an example.

Drama, ..so you say you cant get your Ultmates because NOW we have 16 man GF? You can do a Flashpoint HM once a day each day for 10 ultimate comms and as well as the weekly.

People have been asking for a return to the 16 man for months. It saves having to do the split at the end.

In the end, you can still get your ultimate comms via hard modes.

And nothing infuriantes me more than people missing the point... >.<

I am not using my child as an excuse, i am saying i cant afford as i would rather buy food for my child..

Also, how dare you accuse me of not spending time with my child.. you realise that children sleep right? and they go to play school right? hence i have free time? hence i play games.. that i can afford, just not £500+ in one lump.....

You are type of person that made me hesitant to make this thread in the first place..

As for saving up over months and not trying to buy in one go... im not stupid ofc i have to save for such things.... but where does that leave me for the next X amount of months whilst i am saving and still unable to Ops on Gf? ^^

Think about these things a little guys, use your perspective a little.... /sigh

Oh look, insulting the OP by commenting on his parenting skills, telling him to spend more time with his children? Could you get any lower?

Clearly you've never had many responsibilities in your life such as having children and supporting them. But obviously you must have everything handed to you on a silver plate... your kind of mentality is ruining the community.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Oh look, insulting the OP by commenting on his parenting skills, telling him to spend more time with his children? Could you get any lower?

Clearly you've never had many responsibilities in your life such as having children and supporting them. But obviously you must have everything handed to you on a silver plate... your kind of mentality is ruining the community.

Thanks :) Maybe i should have left my child out of this, it was more for a show that i cant just pop out and wax money on a PC, like some can and the reason as to why.. but eh.. some people i guess.

Agreed. That type of a comment is disgusting. Thank you for speaking up.

The OP is right about 1 thing, there should be more options in the group finder, this one choice to rule them all is the most basic of a system as you can get.

For ops (and all FP as well) there really should be options at end game level to queue for:

1. 8 or 16

2. SM, HM, NiM

3. ANY operation

If there is a performance issue (not queue time issue) with this type of group finder then the game has sever (sad engineering) issues...

I would also like to see counters of how many people are queued total and for each selection, but that will never happen since games are always afraid to show real numbers for anything, even if it helps the game.

I'm not going to think that the game is dieing because I only see 20 people queued up for all various operations modes combined, I don't think most will either, ignore the whiners, they are the minority.

Personally, I have no problem with the OP-Post.

But I did find it kind of annoying that the OP said that they can't buy a computer because s/he has kids. Budgeting issues/conflicts would have been a better of phrasing rather than "Can't buy a PC because kids." <- Bad paraphrasing of the way it sounded to me.

I think they should have both 8-man, and 16-man ops, maybe on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays have 16-mans, and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday has 8-mans. Then every other Sunday is 16-man or 8-man.

Of course that idea is too reasonable, silly, or difficult to program, but just an idea.

And saying that we don't know responsibility (not that the OP said this, OP did not), is silly. You have no idea who we really are behind the computer screen. Maybe someone here has a large family and two jobs and only plays for a short while? Who knows, not I.

I do think that the "stop playing MMOs and spend time with the Fam" was a bit overly harsh, but I also think it was a knee-jerk reaction post.

I am not using my child as an excuse, i am saying i cant afford as i would rather buy food for my child..

I'm pretty amazed you're able to afford the sub to this game if money is as tight as you're implying (or really, outright stating).

That is, if PC performance is even really the thing here. Did you even try the 16 mans post patch? Of course not.

I'm pretty amazed you're able to afford the sub to this game if money is as tight as you're implying (or really, outright stating).

That is, if PC performance is even really the thing here. Did you even try the 16 mans post patch? Of course not.

Did you just compare $15 per month to what would probably be $200-$300 for a good graphics card upgrade?

But I did find it kind of annoying that the OP said that they can't buy a computer because s/he has kids. Budgeting issues/conflicts would have been a better of phrasing rather than "Can't buy a PC because kids." <- Bad paraphrasing of the way it sounded to me.

I do apologise, I was trying pre-empt the "Why cant you just buy a new one?"

And nothing infuriantes me more than people missing the point... >.<

Also, how dare you accuse me of not spending time with my child.. you realise that children sleep right? and they go to play school right? hence i have free time? hence i play games.. that i can afford, just not £500+ in one lump.....

You are type of person that made me hesitant to make this thread in the first place..

As for saving up over months and not trying to buy in one go... im not stupid ofc i have to save for such things.... but where does that leave me for the next X amount of months whilst i am saving and still unable to Ops on Gf? ^^

Think about these things a little guys, use your perspective a little.... /sigh

Don't let that insignificant, petty, little troll get under your skin.

Your financial concerns are legitimate and a fully-loaded gaming system will set you back about $3k -- at least the one I'm considering. But, you know, adult considerations get in the way.

:o

Don't let that insignificant, petty, little troll get under your skin.

Your financial concerns are legitimate and a fully-loaded gaming system will set you back about $3k -- at least the one I'm considering. But, you know, adult considerations get in the way.

:o

I was looking at the Asus RoG R750JZ Laptop.. but you know.. money :( Laptops are good when you have small ones :p PCs tend to get used to climb :p But i thank you non the less :)

Edited by Korikana

I was looking at the Asus RoG R750JZ Laptop.. but you know.. money :( Laptops are good when you have small ones :p PCs tend to get used to climb :p But i thank you non the less :)

Unless you just have nowhere to put a desktop, don't get a laptop for gaming. You can get the same features for less in a desktop and be able to easily add more/upgrade without replacing the whole thing in the future.

Unless you just have nowhere to put a desktop, don't get a laptop for gaming. You can get the same features for less in a desktop and be able to easily add more/upgrade without replacing the whole thing in the future.

i know a PC is far superior, but like i said, little people like to climb on things and stuff, so it would be asier for us to throw laptops in another room, like the bedroom lol

But tbh, the R750JZ is amazing for £1500

i7 4860HQ 2.4GHz

24gig Ram

GTX880M

i know a PC is far superior, but like i said, little people like to climb on things and stuff, so it would be asier for us to throw laptops in another room, like the bedroom lol

But tbh, the R750JZ is amazing for £1500

i7 4860HQ 2.4GHz

24gig Ram

GTX880M

You can have a PC custom built that will run any MMO on max settings for $700-$900 depending on if you need a monitor. Just don't get a giant tower and/or put it on top of your desk where they can't reach it. If money is a bit tight, I don't see a reason to spend an extra $500 or so just to have a laptop that will overheat during long sessions and can't really be upgraded in the future.

But that is totally your decision. If you are thinking you can't afford to get a computer for 16 mans, perhaps you are thinking you need a lot more than you really do.