Character selection screen is ruined..

BrintoSFJ

But what if they went ahead and fixed the bug for now but have already started working on a completely new character select screen with a +/- zoomable view and shiny new backgrounds, borders, fonts and whatever else to be released with 3.0? HMMM? What if??...What IF?? :eek:

Good thought in theory! But, even if this were the case a simple yellow post stating this would stop this thread and actually make people happy with out releasing super secretive info...oh wait, thats the good thought in theory!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, I loved the zoomed out version. Much nicer than the old one especially on my Widescreen monitor. Lets you see the whole body and take nicer screenshots of your characters.

Here's me thinking the art department or tech guys had had a good idea :D

I like the idea that they secretly used it to see peoples opinions so they can start work on a few new loading screens, it's what I would do ;)

Edited by livingdeadjedi

Looking at Bioware's history of reoccuring bugs, i'm pretty sure we'll see this bug again in a few months. :D

I think it is less they fix them and the reoccur and more they disappear between patches so they call them "fixed" or they cancel each other out for a time. We still have bugs from beta that still haven't gotten "fixed" yet.

Yeah it is back to old close up view, i know it was a bug but still i loved it and i am sure many others too. it looked quite nice, i am really really sad that it has been "fixed" instead of being worked on to make it an option..

Wait a minute! You mean that was a bug??

:eek:

Wow... someone should feed the system a couple more like that!

:D

Just kidding ... the newer view was pretty cool though! (bug or not).

• 2 weeks later...
I do miss the zoomed out view. I hope they decide to add it in one day. But for that matter, I also miss the ability to purchase speeder 1 at level 1.

I would like a zoomed out view, but I admit it was wonky on certain ships. I do miss it.

I shudder to think of how much they lost because of the speeder piloting mishap. I doubt we'll ever get that back :(

I would like a zoomed out view, but I admit it was wonky on certain ships. I do miss it.

I shudder to think of how much they lost because of the speeder piloting mishap. I doubt we'll ever get that back :(

And that is a shame, because I think that was a good money maker. I do, however, think that unlocking all the way to speeder 3 was a bit much.

Speeder 1 would have been fine for a new character IMO. As would Treek at level one, and level 5 mods for those that wish to use moddable gear in the first 10 levels.

The dev's should put in a button to switch the view on selection.

How much labor would that be? Less than a day's work most of the code is there it's just a few lines to change and the GUI tool.

Well, the meshes have to be rebuilt. They are only partial backdrops, as evident by the holes that became obvious when the bug existed.

So it might take a bit of work.