Character selection screen is ruined..

BrintoSFJ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preferred the full-body view over the headshots, but I can't say it "ruined" the Character Selection Screen for me. It's not as if I loiter there that often anyway. I do recall, however, Musco responding to a thread right after the bug first appeared to say that, in light of the positive response to the bug, they would look into making an actual feature. Guess they decided not to.

I am with the OP, the zoomed out look was incredible. I am also bummed I didn't know you could make money reselling the Merrim Hyacinth vehicle, lol.

Seriously Developers, make the zoomed out option one we can choose, it looks a million times cooler.

I am bummed to hear it is gone. But, I assume they would have had to redo the backdrop models if they wanted to keep the view zoomed out, as they were made for a closeup view.

So I understand why they may have decided to simply return it to it's prior state.

Much like having the ability to get speeder 1 at level 1, this is one bug I actually liked.

BOOO!!! That was a fantastic "bug"...it's too bad they worked on this rather than one of the billion other issues they could have.

Agreed. They can't stop Vector from wearing my agents bra after two years but apparently the world was going to end if they didn't "fix" the character select bug a lot of people liked... :(

That's what really kills me, so many many many many other bugs that -should- be fixed, and the make THIS a priority to fix...

"Hey guys they players say this this this this and this list of 947 things don't work right, what shall we fix?"

/Facepalm

Edited by XiamaraSimi

personally i'd be all for a zoom feature on the Character Select but, they have to fix those sets first... as it stands at full zoom out they look like a stage where they removed the curtains from the side and top of the stage and, the set is too small for the stage making it look cheap, destroying the illusion that they're in the cockpit of their ship... i know the majority seems to only be looking at their characters but i was looking at the whole screen, and as a whole it just destroyed the illusion... i can understand how people with 4:3 monitors wouldn't notice this but anyone with a modern widescreen monitor should have seen it plain as day...

Ah well, was nice while it lasted. I preferred the 'bugged' version too.

Would be nice if they could implement a zoom in / out toggle. But it seems the Bioware devs are rather allergic to toggles ;)

Very much this. I didn't like the bug but adding something as simple (or not so simple) as a zoom in/out feature on the character screen would be nice.

Funny enough it's not "fixed," technically speaking at least. They took away the actual cool feature we all liked and now we're back to the "bug" where when you log out, your alt is about a third of the way down from where it's supposed to be. I thought the "bug" that gave us the cool zoom out look was intended to fix the original "bug", but it seems that the "bug" I thought was a "bug" was working as intended and the "bug" I thought was the fix is actually the "bug". <---- Nice sentence!;)

But what if they went ahead and fixed the bug for now but have already started working on a completely new character select screen with a +/- zoomable view and shiny new backgrounds, borders, fonts and whatever else to be released with 3.0? HMMM? What if??...What IF?? :eek:

I imagine they fixed it because it was super easy to do so. That being said, I would have hoped certain issues like companion dyes not showing up in cutscenes would have been higher on the priority list considering that's a year old issue.

Guys.

It was very important that they fixed this bug. It was a serious issue that had to be resolved which is why it took priority over falling through the balloon, clipping issues, the bugged health bar that can screw with healing at times, and the multitude of other issues that actually affect gameplay.

But hey! The cool bug was fixed! So we should be golden now!

I agree it's a shame they fixed it, I loved the zoomed out version. Granted, it needed some work doing, because as stated above, the character selection screen backdrops were not intended to be viewed in that zoomed out fashion, resulting in some weird backgrounds where half the cockpit of the ship was missing or something similar. However, I preferred it to this version where your character has somehow shrunk, keeping in mind if you only have one character, this is how you would always view your toon when you log in to the game.

Man I'm sick of the old character loading up screen. It should be zoomed out!

I strongly believe that it should be zoomed out to see the whole view of the character. It was a great feature to have, why revert back to the old? Where we should be embracing the new? Including the new content of the game as well. Come on Bioware seriously.... we had invested a lot of time and money subscribing and feeding the cartel market as it is.

Edited by Satelerevan