This game is very good. I do not understand you people...

Vielix

I'm enjoying the game immensely and so is my wife, I dont claim its perfect, I also do not expect that, I expect to have fun. I see plenty of folks here whoclaim the game is not fun for them and their argument seems to consist of the game lacking X Y or Z which they had in some other game. My reply then is that they should play said game instead of trying tobend this game to their notions.

No game needs to cater to all, accept that, please.

Maybe he's at work trolling the forums, and he wanted to post this. Him posting doesn't nullify anything.

Wait. You mean people may post on the forums because they can't play? Really? You mean like I already said in the very post of mine that you quoted but obviously couldn't take the time to read all the way through because it was THREE whole sentences?

If you don't understand how "people sometimes post on forums because they can't play," nullifies the OP's point in the opening of his post, then I recommend remedial education for you.

Edited by Mannic

So, if there is one thing I know from lurking the World of Warcraft board's for a while now, is that negativity is the common mood in MMO forums. When people have a great time playing a game, they go: "Hey, that was fun! NEXT!" and keep playing or log off. When people have a bad experience with a game, the most natural thing to do is come on the company's forums and point out the issues that caused said negative experience.

However, if a person were to come to these forums, maybe to decide on if they should buy the game or not, they would probably come away thinking this is the worst MMO...ever. I feel confident enough to say that A LOT of people are enjoying this game immensely right now, even with it's flaws. Is it perfect (or even close to perfect)? No - and it never will be. The goal is just to try and get it there, inch by inch, patch by patch, over the course of it's lifetime. To do this, Bioware needs constructive feedback. Saying "lol PvP in this game is such a joke" tells them NOTHING except general dissatisfaction. They don't know if you dislike class balance, the warzones, world PvP, etc.

So I guess the point of this post is to simply remind people that, if you're going to complain (which is perfectly fine) - just do it in a manner that can help Bioware and not just add some derogatory random remarks about the game no one can use to the ever-growing pile we already have.

On a personal level, I'm pretty convinced that some people truly tried TOR with the mindset of trying to find as many flaws as possible. Why anyone would do this is beyond me, but nevertheless, there are people out there who literally get enjoyment out of making games and companies seem worse than they really are.

I LOVE this game. Having so much fun and questing is enjoyable with others as it is when I play alone. I just wish I had more RL friends to play the game with.

There are a number of bugs with the game but thats hardly surprising really. I have confidence in Bioware to fix them and continue to evolve the game. Who gives a crap if idiots are bemoaning the game. I long held the belief that Blizzard had a team of their own who worked on their own forums negatively responding to well through out criticisms of their game just to marginalise clear areas that were problematic to many of the players.

Dont forget the USA is the world leader in pshyc warfare on its own. Learn to read between the lines and the force will be with you.

The OP is right on, but you could say this about basically any internet message board. They are pretty much all 80% whinefests these days. Potentially valid points lose their impact when they are conveyed as rants instead of constructive criticism. You just can't take a rant at face value. It's also pretty clear that rants are more about getting attention, seeking validation for an opinion, or trying to force an opinion on someone else than providing feedback to the devs as they usually transparently claim. Don't think these comments have much impact on prospective customers though as anyone with half a brain knows to ignore customer reviews on the net as most of them are garbage.

So I canceled (as one of those people)

Feeling cheated out of $60. hmm... Wonder if these 2000 'people' understand?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=22835

Yeah, it is an issue.

To cancel over? I have had it happen, I have a post or two in that thread.

But cancel my sub? Why would I do that? It will be fixed, that is what the evolution of MMO's do.

Edited by Darkeus

Wait. You mean people may post on the forums because they can't play? Really? You mean like I already said in the very post of mine that you quoted but obviously couldn't take the time to read all the way through because it was THREE whole sentences?

If you don't understand how "people sometimes post on forums because they can't play," nullifies the OP's point in the opening of his post, then I recommend remedial education for you.

And you think others need to take meds? Perhaps you need to look at your passive aggressive behavior a bit more closely. Merry Christmas.

The game is great, far from perfect, needs some improving, especially gpu drivers that incorporate the game better. As well as many features that need to be implemented, and content that needs to be added to.

That being said, as launch of a title that is as big as this, they did a fantastic job. Content is already starting to be added 1 month (1 MONTH) after release. It is a very fun game as well!

Perfect? No, but it has a lot of potential to be great.

I don't regret for one minute pre-ordering this game, nor does my GF.

It is quite pathetic though that there are "gamers" that actually want this game to fail. Not everyone that dislikes it falls under that category, not by any means, but you cannot simply deny that there aren't those who just want it to fail, and will skew as much as they can to make it seem that way.

Now I don't really adhere to official reviews games, but the metacritic score has a minimum of 80 out of all the ones done on the game so far, 8 so far. and highest being like 96. Think of it what you will, but I think that might carry a bit of merit.

Wonderful latency, I average about 65-70ms in the game, (thats with both of us playing).

Good job Bioware, just do not become complacent, always seek to improve and add to this wonderful game of great potential!

And you think others need to take meds? Perhaps you need to look at your passive aggressive behavior a bit more closely. Merry Christmas.

I do think people who adore a game or developer so much that they take complaints about that game or developer personally may, in fact, suffer from psychological deficiencies, yes. I do, in fact, wonder why they bother reading the forums at all if they are so traumatized by the complaining.

Guess they're masochists.

Yeah, it is an issue.

To cancel over? I have had it happen, I have a post or two in that thread.

But cancel my sub? Why would I do that? It will be fixed, that is what the evolution of MMO's do.

I'm with u on it, but I just feel since I can't play, and I pay monthly...yadda yadaa. Feels good to cancel.

I have very few complaints with this game.. The complaints I do have, have already been made and Bioware is aware of them.. Many have been fixed if people care to check out the public test server and the patch notes..

Beyond that.. I love this game.. I bought the CE.. I love the STAP you get.. I think it looks awsome!! The other stuff is a kick in the pants!! I am over all just having a blast!!!

I have been playing this game since July and a regular beta tester.. I have leveled countless characters.. I remember the bugs that we had then.. This is nothing.. This game is awsome!!

As for those that complain?? I feel sorry for them.. They are the ones that are missing out on this awsome game!!

If they truly don't like it, then they should silently leave and go else where.. There is no need to try and ruin it for the rest of is.. All you are doing is showing us all who really is the one with issues.. It isn't us... :)

So I canceled (as one of those people)

Feeling cheated out of $60. hmm... Wonder if these 2000 'people' understand?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=22835

You know, 90% of the time people complain about FPS issues its generally a driver issue somewhere on your machine. Specially with a new game like this, It can take weeks for the Video Card Devs to spot an issue and fix it, this is not Bioware's fault.

That being said. I am having a blast with this game as well, There are bugs sure. There are a lot less bugs than the release client of Wow had, and a LOT more to do in game than Wow had at release.

Iach, I personally avoid Metacritic. From what I've seen in the past they have a habit of taking anyone and everyone's review of a game and adding it to their score. They even added scores from sources that aren't videogame websites and who only review games as an afterthought. They also like to add the reviews of websites whose legitimacy as any kind of videogame websites are questionable at best. I use Gamerankings.com myself. They have a list of rules in order to qualify the reviews of certain websites. If those websites do not meet those standards then they do not get counted in the final score. Unfortunately as of right now there are only two reviews that have been counted for TOR on Gamerankings. You need between 20 to 40 reviews before you can start getting an idea of what the critics thought of it.

I do think people who adore a game or developer so much that they take complaints about that game or developer personally may, in fact, suffer from psychological deficiencies, yes. I do, in fact, wonder why they bother reading the forums at all if they are so traumatized by the complaining.

Guess they're masochists.

And I wonder about those who feel they need to be on here posting what they think is constructive but it is not in any way. Ask that to yourself.

Edited by Darkeus

Hello everyone,

While we understand that people can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this, while made with good intentions, tend to draw out people who wish to be overly negative and incite flames. We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not the community itself. Because of this, we are closing this thread.

We appreciate everyone's understanding as to why we've closed this thread. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to send us an email, bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com.

Thank you!