This game is very good. I do not understand you people...

Vielix

So, if there is one thing I know from lurking the World of Warcraft board's for a while now, is that negativity is the common mood in MMO forums. When people have a great time playing a game, they go: "Hey, that was fun! NEXT!" and keep playing or log off. When people have a bad experience with a game, the most natural thing to do is come on the company's forums and point out the issues that caused said negative experience.

However, if a person were to come to these forums, maybe to decide on if they should buy the game or not, they would probably come away thinking this is the worst MMO...ever. I feel confident enough to say that A LOT of people are enjoying this game immensely right now, even with it's flaws. Is it perfect (or even close to perfect)? No - and it never will be. The goal is just to try and get it there, inch by inch, patch by patch, over the course of it's lifetime. To do this, Bioware needs constructive feedback. Saying "lol PvP in this game is such a joke" tells them NOTHING except general dissatisfaction. They don't know if you dislike class balance, the warzones, world PvP, etc.

So I guess the point of this post is to simply remind people that, if you're going to complain (which is perfectly fine) - just do it in a manner that can help Bioware and not just add some derogatory random remarks about the game no one can use to the ever-growing pile we already have.

On a personal level, I'm pretty convinced that some people truly tried TOR with the mindset of trying to find as many flaws as possible. Why anyone would do this is beyond me, but nevertheless, there are people out there who literally get enjoyment out of making games and companies seem worse than they really are.

Edited by Vielix

Very astute observance. It's painfully obvious that this forums has one or more astroturfing groups that are hell bent on promoting Blizzard while doing everything possible to disrupt the forums and lower moral. The same type of folks did the exact same thing during RIFTs first month.

It's dirty pool, it hardly ever works... because these people are so obvious and it costs the competitor a lot of money...its kinda like SEO for development houses. :rolleyes:

The fact that you're here, OP, defending the game, nullifies the entire point of your post. Otherwise, you'd be too busy having tons of fun in the game to post here on the forums.

There are many, many situations where people can read/post on forums but can't play the game. One of them being that some of us, you know... work? For a living?

Edited by Mannic

The fact that you're here, OP, defending the game, nullifies the entire point of your post. Otherwise, you'd be too busy having tons of fun in the game to post here on the forums.

Yes because unless someone is playing 24/7 the game suckszorz and will neva live up to wowzorz. :rolleyes:

Any more straw men you'd like to construct? :rolleyes:

There are many, many situations where people can read/post on forums but can't play the game. One of them being that some of us, you know... work? For a living?

I'm at work... I can chat it up on the forums but my netbook can't play the game (plus, I'm at work... I can spare moments to post on the forums, not play)

Not everyone on the forums is at home/able to play.

the problem with what you suggest is there are just as many of the same type of satisfied person as the unsatisfied person. A legitimate claim can easily be met with a "then quit" or "this is awesome" because of the same bias that the negative people have.

The only way to fix the problem, is to actually realize that your beloved game is mediocre at best, that way it can get better.

the problem with what you suggest is there are just as many of the same type of satisfied person as the unsatisfied person. A legitimate claim can easily be met with a "then quit" or "this is awesome" because of the same bias that the negative people have.

The only way to fix the problem, is to actually realize that your beloved game is mediocre at best, that way it can get better.

No because your version of what mediocrity is and what needs to be changed sucks. I don't want the game you developed I want the game Bioware made. Go make your own game and prove to the world how fail everyone else is.

Your absolutely right. I honestly don't care about the small problems in the game at the moment, its not stopping me from enjoying this game.

Problem is everyone are comparing this game to what wow is as of right now, a game that had 7 years to progress. Wow started with absolutely no battlegrounds or instances, and here on swtor we came with a lot more than that. If anything this game will become better and better.

No because your version of what mediocrity is and what needs to be changed sucks. I don't want the game you developed I want the game Bioware made. Go make your own game and prove to the world how fail everyone else is.

your the exact example of why a game like this just wont get better. You wont allow it. You think it is perfect already. It is far from it. You need to realize it isn't, so it can get better. Such nonsense

Yes because unless someone is playing 24/7 the game suckszorz and will neva live up to wowzorz. :rolleyes:

Any more straw men you'd like to construct? :rolleyes:

It's not my straw man. It's the OP's. I'm not the one trying to argue that the forums are rife with complaints because everyone who likes the game is too busy playing to post on the forums.

Edited by Mannic

I think those that take time out of their day to post on the forum, with the sole reason to attack ones they don't agree with, are a problem with the community too because you are also a "vocal minority".

But I guess boot licking makes your comments, trolling and other post more valid?

I'm at work... I can chat it up on the forums but my netbook can't play the game (plus, I'm at work... I can spare moments to post on the forums, not play)

Not everyone on the forums is at home/able to play.

So are you agreeing with me? Because this basically just repeated what I said in the second half of my post.

Lol I've been on vacation for the past 3 days and been on these forums and it's sad how dumb people are.... Legit 85% of the issues posted aren't even around and literally a lot of the posts are legit retarded its sad to see such an awful forum community.

THIS GAME IS AMAZING a few tweaks here and there obviously a brand new game will have it's minor issues and new few weeks it'll be fixed. Time is of the essence.

Yeah, there is a small group of trolls, some with multiple accounts, that are here to try to derail the game. The game has issues but they are here to push some agenda or another.

I suggest your ignore option. It works wonders for the more annoying ones....

your the exact example of why a game like this just wont get better. You wont allow it. You think it is perfect already. It is far from it. You need to realize it isn't, so it can get better. Such nonsense

Lemme get this straight: if one disagrees with your opinion is a rabid fanboy that doesn't want this game to improve? Not even for a second you feel that maybe you might be wrong?

*looks at the pages of dozens and dozens of servers brimming with hundreds of thousands of players so much they are overflowing... then looks at the few dozen trolls who keep making the same repeated sky is falling threads*

meh anyone who can't draw the logical conclusion that the game is doing fine and the majority are enjoying it are not worth explaining it to

Edited by Liquidacid

Yeah, there is a small group of trolls, some with multiple accounts, that are here to try to derail the game. The game has issues but they are here to push some agenda or another.

I suggest your ignore option. It works wonders for the more annoying ones....

Yes, there is a small group of players that went out and bought multiple copies of the game just so they could open multiple accounts here and troll. Because it's just not possible that there are a lot of players who don't love everything about the game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Yvin
rude

Yes, there is a small group of players that went out and bought multiple copies of the game just so they could open multiple accounts here and troll. Because it's just not possible that there are a lot of players who don't love everything about the game. :rolleyes:

Can you show me someone who actually posted that the game is perfect as it is and it must not change?

Because it's not what people are saying, you know? They are saying that this game is not 'fail' because it doesn't have those features and that they can wait for the devs to fix important things before looking at those aspects

Edited by Yvin
edited quote

I actually use to think the same thing....but last year I had a Astroturfing company (they call them strategic marketing firms) try to recruit me at GDC.

It happens. Does that mean that everyone who doesn't like the game is a shill for the competition? Of course not but they are among us.

Edited by Yvin
edited quote

Can you show me someone who actually posted that the game is perfect as it is and it must not change?

Because it's not what people are saying, you know? They are saying that this game is not 'fail' because it doesn't have those features and that they can wait for the devs to fix important things before looking at those aspects

Oh so you mean people can say they don't like things about the game without thinking the game is "fail?" I don't understand. I thought the forum was only populated with trolls and haters. OP said so.

Maybe he's at work trolling the forums, and he wanted to post this. Him posting doesn't nullify anything.