How To: Enable SLI

Sentential

I'm sure this is redundant and somone has already brought this up but current nVidia reccomendation uses split frame rendering or some other inefficient method resulting in stuttering/poor FPS.

Performance is grealy improved if it is forced to AFR2 mode from the driver pane; overall GPU usage is lower and full scaling SLI appears to be back in action. Just passing this along to those who care.

There are only 3 people that know what AFR2 is. You and Me are two of them..

The other guy plays Rift..lol

This works very well, but is also card dependant. Both my cards will hit 90c in a flashpoint.. i have to keep it 69 degrees in my place so they don't burst into flames lol.

the latest beta drivers from nvidia don't seem to have any impact either.

This works very well, but is also card dependant. Both my cards will hit 90c in a flashpoint.. i have to keep it 69 degrees in my place so they don't burst into flames lol.

Turning shadows to "high" shouldn't result in a 30 to 40 FPS drop. Changing zones shouldn't result in a 20 FPS drop and sudden stuttering. Alt-tabbing out and back into the game shouldn't cut your FPS in half once you alt-tab back in. The problem is client-side, not in our drviers.

This game is like Skyrim, another DX 9 game. The only way I get better performance out of it is with brute-force (XFire) and the scaling isn't nearly what it should be. But the game doesn't use all four of my processors so no wonder it doesn't perform optimally. In other words, the problem is client-side. Now, Skyrim I can kind of understand since it was designed for consoles first. TOR?

Edited by Mannic

Does SLI work in windowed mode yet, or is it still useless to me? My (not that) old SLI rig always had a split screen in windowed mode with the two cards being a few frames out of sync. I can't imagine playing an MMO with any setting other than "windowed (fullscreen)" so that I can still see what's happening when I tab out to read torhead.com or something.

So, anyone know if it works OK for this game? I'd love put a second card into this computer and get back to SLI!

I play SWTOR and know what AFR2 is. :p

I noticed forcing AFR2 performs better than Nvidia Profile Default in the 295.xx beta drivers, and i have not noticed any SLI Stuttering so it works for me. Good tip @ OP.

Confirmed this also helped me as well increased smoothness and decreased stutter whenever i had gotten which was already little thanks.'

Also any reason why having Shadows on High for me hurts fps so much? Ive got everything on high AAx4 SLI 560'tis