The Class Story Leveling Event armor artwork - hopes of them being PvE and/or PvP

Sarkos

I am impressed by the recent artwork armors in the The Class Story Leveling Event post! The amazing aspect is that each armor, in my opinion, perfectly embodies what each class represents to its core elements. I understand that these might be primordial designs and a work in progress but i sincerely hope these armors ( or some of their variants) are obtainable in-game through either PvE or PvP means.

Many have criticized Bioware's art department armors in the past years, i for one believe that these new artworks might be a step in a VERY right direction!

P.S if it isn't too much to ask, would it be possible to either get a confirmation or a tease about these potential in-game armors ? :mon_rolleyes:

Edited by Sarkos

I am impressed by the recent artwork armors in the The Class Story Leveling Event post! The amazing aspect is that each armor, in my opinion, perfectly embodies what each class represents to its core elements. I understand that these might be primordial designs and a work in progress but i sincerely hope these armors ( or some of their variants) are obtainable in-game through either PvE or PvP means.

Many have criticized Bioware's art department armors in the past years, i for one believe that these new artworks might be a step in a VERY right direction!

P.S if it isn't too much to ask, would it be possible to either get a confirmation or a tease about these potential in-game armors ? :mon_rolleyes:

The armors being in the blog is your tease :rak_03:

Edited by KTap

The pictures are just lies used as marketing material. None of the armor sets in the game currently look nowhere as good as those in the concept art. They did the same thing before launch as well, using imaginary armors as tools for marketing.

Either it's lies by the marketing department or a disconnect between the design team and people creating them in game. Other one suggests bad business ethics and the other one just incompetence. Make your pick

I want that Agent, Bounty Hunter and Warrior gear soooo baaaaaad!:csw_vader:

Bounty Hunter has come and gone, absent some changes here and there. Warrior one is still in the game, though with some differences as well.

Imperial Agent is pretty much similar to this one Imperial uniform, absent the trench coat.

Bounty Hunter has come and gone, absent some changes here and there. Warrior one is still in the game, though with some differences as well.

Imperial Agent is pretty much similar to this one Imperial uniform, absent the trench coat.

No, not at all. There are more than some differences.

Edited by VdFExarKun

I don't get it.

IA, not even close.

The uniform is the same pretty much. The main difference is the trench coat.

You can even see the uniform markings' in the neck area, on both pictures.

SW, headgear is a bit similar but not quite right.

BH, headgear... again.

I guess you missed this earlier:

Reading is hard I guess.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The pictures are just lies used as marketing material. None of the armor sets in the game currently look nowhere as good as those in the concept art. They did the same thing before launch as well, using imaginary armors as tools for marketing.

Either it's lies by the marketing department or a disconnect between the design team and people creating them in game. Other one suggests bad business ethics and the other one just incompetence. Make your pick

Erm no game's concept art looks as good as the final product. EVER. That's not the point of concept art, in fact concept art isn't even created for marketing, its created so that the devs working on the game models will have a unified concept to build the game models and environments off of.

Edited by Zoom_VI

You may wish to get your eyes tested :p

Especially on the helm / boots side of things, as well as the over sized shoulder pads on the WH / EWH gear. The legs though, pretty sure there is something similar to those in-game.

They may have been concepts that where thrown out.

Erm no game's concept art looks as good as the final product. EVER. That's not the point of concept art, in fact concept art isn't even created for marketing, its created so that the devs working on the game models will have a unified concept to build the game models and environments off of.

Isn't the problem in this case that the concept art looks vastly better than what's in the final product though? :p

And eh... sure, the headgear on that SW set is kinda similar, but the rest looks.... a lot worse than the concept art. And I have the clandestine officer uniform and it's one of my agent's main outfits but hell, do I ever want that awesome coat-uniform mix too *u*

Indeed. So they really shouldn't be using it for marketing purposes.

If it's old concept art (as seems likely) then it reminds players that what actually reached the game wasn't anywhere near as a good as what was conceived.

If it is new concept art (as some are hoping) then it raises false hopes because it won't reach the game looking this good.