Is It Possible For BW to allow Dark Jedi/Light Sith to Use Opposite Powers Effects?

Ghost_Spectre

Eric, just as the title states. I know it's possible as Jaesa does when she goes dark. She uses Lightning and other dark powers. So the coding is there. Whether or not BW allows it, is the question. I think this would add another level to the game.

Where you have a dark Jedi Knight, instead of using force stasis, he could use force choke. Likewise, a light Sith Warrior would use force stasis instead of force choke. This would identify them of the current alignment.

So, Eric, is it possible you all could make this happen in the near future? The precedent is already made with Jaesa.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Eric, just as the title states. I know it's possible as Jaesa does when she goes dark. She uses Lightning and other dark powers. So the coding is there. Whether or not BW allows it, is the question. I think this would add another level to the game.

Where you have a dark Jedi Knight, instead of using force stasis, he could use force choke. Likewise, a light Sith Warrior would use force stasis instead of force choke. This would identify them of the current alignment.

So, Eric, is it possible you all could make this happen in the near future? The precedent is already made with Jaesa.

I think the light and dark Jaesas would more than likely be considered two differently aligned characters as far as the coding for the character goes. (I don't know if that makes any sense). Regardless, I do think it would be very cool to see powers change due to the toons force alignment.

Eh, I'd rather not have it. I certainly wouldn't want my SI to start throwing pebbles or my SW to stop using force choke just because they can't be bothered with the kick puppies kind of evil. If they can somehow put it in as a choice, separate from alignment? sure. but making "light side" sith use those animations? no thank you :/

This was heavily debated before launch, when the exact role of the alignment system was still up in the air. They decided, from an RP standpoint, that it was inappropriate to have the powers switch because a light Sith is still darker than a dark Jedi. Whether or not I agree with that rationale, I do agree that for practical reasons it is a bad idea to switch the powers around.

What powers Force-users wield is more a result of training within their respective organizations than their actual alignment. Take, for example, Plo Koon, who utilized Force Lightning as a Jedi. It perturbed other members of the Jedi Order, but he was able to utilize the ability without tapping in to negative emotion. Heck, it even surprised Plo Koon himself that he was able to do this.

In short, it's not where your ethics lay, but where your training comes from.

What powers Force-users wield is more a result of training within their respective organizations than their actual alignment. Take, for example, Plo Koon, who utilized Force Lightning as a Jedi. It perturbed other members of the Jedi Order, but he was able to utilize the ability without tapping in to negative emotion. Heck, it even surprised Plo Koon himself that he was able to do this.

In short, it's not where your ethics lay, but where your training comes from.

What I would give for electric judgement green lightning.

Just to comment on Jaesa: Everything in-game seems to indicate that her two personalities are treated as two separate companions. On her gear it lists her name twice as a restriction, and those who have two warriors each with a differently aligned Jaesa can place both of them in their stronghold. So that argument is, as they say, invalid.

I somehow disagree..

I am light syth, but I dont act ingame because I want to be light syth... I always take the right choice for the empire. So I end up 80% light and 20% dark. I love to punish as well the ones who deserve to be punished.

Syth doesnt mean an evil entity for empire always. Empire always cares for its interests and protects them

The jedis in the other hand is corruption. If you play republic you will experience many bad bad things

spoilers bellow

1) smuggling drugs into empire territory and troops

2) destroying something it could be saved.

3) blind faith in a pointless goal

4) you are a rebel

5) democracy used for corruption

6) and many more

so NO i love my syth the way it is, I am empire, I WILL not tolerate any jedi intrusion.

republics is like the world we live on today is it... bhhhh

Edited by Oyranos

So that argument is, as they say, invalid.

Invalid? How so? How does having "2" Jaesa as you point out, make the fact that they have a Jedi Shadow using dark force powers? The key here is 'dark force powers.' That means they have the powers coded in the game to use for a Jedi that is dark force aligned. So how is that invalid? Answer: It. Is. Not.

The point of my request to find out if they can and would is to make my dark Jedi Shadow and Jedi Knight, more realistic to canon. Here I point out how a certain young Anakin Skywalker who was a Jedi then turned to the dark side began using dark force powers, NOT Jedi light side aligned powers. Throughout canon (novels) and other sources, Jedi who went to the dark side employed those powers associated with the darkside.

So why can we not have the same in the game if it is relevant to canon and the Star Wars universe as a whole?

I'd rather see my Dark Jedi Shadow shooting lightning from her finger tips than commanding mystical stones from the air and project them at a target. That makes my Jedi who is fully dark aligned more believable than being 'just another pebble thrower.'

Back to your ascertain, the argument is valid no matter how you try to twist what is there already to support your assumption that it can never be. They have already set the precedence with giving Dark Jedi Shadow Jaesa dark force powers. If they can do that on an alignment change for a NPC, then they can do it for a PC.

Given the Legends/EU canon interpretation of force powers generally taking decades to master from childhood, a Jedi spontaneously being able to use dark side powers simply because they killed a few people seems like a bit of a lore stretch.

Given the Legends/EU canon interpretation of force powers generally taking decades to master from childhood, a Jedi spontaneously being able to use dark side powers simply because they killed a few people seems like a bit of a lore stretch.

I dont know, Anakin Skywalker could force choke almost immediately after turning Dark Side.

I dont know, Anakin Skywalker could force choke almost immediately after turning Dark Side.

Force Choke is just an application of Force Push and all those physical usages we see. It's very different from, say, the the case of Sith, flinging lightning, or on the Jedi side, Force healing.

So why can't my Dark Jedi use force choke ingame ?

Mine does. Legacy Force Choke. :) And aside from being glib, even as a Dark Jedi, you aren't trained to use that application, nor is it culturally acceptable.

Edited by CelCawdro