Eric, with respect, could we get an answer on this, please?

Darth_Wicked

Darth_Wicked, with respect, here is your answer (I am not sure why we are being so formal, but this is good fun).

For the most part, yes, what you will play is one singular storyline which is being told from two different sides, as player-characters of both factions have the same goals in the storyline (as in Forged Alliances). Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Thanks!

-eric

Too much Downton Abbey I guess. :o

Thank you very much for the answer however. Now, with respect, I am going to pass out in a few seconds, seeing I just read "unique CLASS STORY MISSION" in your post. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Sith, reading Musco's post had me go from enraged at merged faction story to ecstatic for class story in mere seconds.

Yeah, Class mission + Killing Revan Republicstyle (while playing little tricks on the Imperials who we are allied with) sounds good. Beter than two almost identical Faction stories like Makeb:rolleyes:

I am curious as to where the Class Mission will take place and in what context. It could be at the start of the expansion, setting up the main story of SoR (I heard that some of the companion V/A's have recorded stuff recently, so perhaps they will be involved in some sort of catch-up?)

That being said, the optimist wonders whether the Class Mission will be the final one of the SoR story, giving each class a unique ending and perhaps setting up for more Class stories (Unlikely perhaps, but you never know!) :i_biggrin:

I'm just not clear on what "told from two different sides" means here.

Is each side going to have their own separate quest-givers/dialogue/etc. and just the mechanics and order of each mission will progress the same on both sides? (With the exception of the one class story mission)

Or are all players (Republic and Empire alike) going to, for example, get their first mission from Theron, their second mission from Lana, their third mission from Satele and their fourth mission from Marr, with the same, shared quest hubs and such?

It could be a bit of both. 'From different sides' still indicates to me that there will be quests and story aspects unique to each side, even if the central goals are the same and some quests will likely be shared.

Edited by Cyberwoman

darth_wicked, with respect, here is your answer (i am not sure why we are being so formal, but this is good fun).

For the most part, yes, what you will play is one singular storyline which is being told from two different sides, as player-characters of both factions have the same goals in the storyline (as in forged alliances). additionally, each player class will be given one unique class story mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Thanks!

-eric

er mah gerd!

Fact we're getting a class mission in this expansion is the best news in ages, no matter how minute a titbit of content it is. Game has to be doing quite well for class specific stuff to get off the wall of crazy.

Probably lasts about five minutes but it's a start. Maybe it can be a prelude for something bigger in the future or Bioware just taunting us.

Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

I just hope this "unique mission" will not end up being something like Makeb intro cutscene. Technically, it was a mission, and completely unique to each class.

Sorry, I feel overly cynical today

At least it's a Class story.

We don't need anymore "Group""PvP" stuff, we need more faction/class story stuff and expand our companions, from being the repeat/rinse/repeat, even though one is your LI/Spouse(not that the "Yes Sir/master/Boss" means anything)

Doing Dailies(as I am not much of a group player and hate PvP) gets boring.

Though I have alts on both factions I have 3 sitting there because I am bored with dailies and they Need more class stuff to do.

If they want to keep subs, do more to keep them, not everyone wants MP/PVP, from what people say in main channel and in forums, They want more CLASS SPECIFIC STORIES. not "OOOH BUY THIS NOW"

I just hope this "unique mission" will not end up being something like Makeb intro cutscene. Technically, it was a mission, and completely unique to each class.

Sorry, I feel overly cynical today

Damn it, Aries!

I read Eric's post and my excitement meter skyrocketed... then I read yours and it crashed and burned. :mad:

We'll have to wait and see, but I'm hoping they have more respect for their fanbase than to obfuscate matters like that.

Musco, is having the same story for both factions the new gameplan? Are faction separate stories dead?

There's no reason to assume that. It makes sense in this story for it to be the same, but that won't necessarily always be the case. I think the lesson we've hearned here is 'never say never.' I always held out hope for more class content and here some it.

Damn it, Aries!

I read Eric's post and my excitement meter skyrocketed... then I read yours and it crashed and burned. :mad:

We'll have to wait and see, but I'm hoping they have more respect for their fanbase than to obfuscate matters like that.

No, he said 'mission as part of the storyline' not introduction. That means that it will relate to the rest of the story not previous class content, but be an actual side quest. I don't expect it to be super long, but hey, people thought there'd never be class content again! Give your self a break and be happy, lol. It just goes to show that patience will sometimes be rewarded--and there's no reason to assume this will be the only time they do thi, or that it will always be only one mission.

Edited by errant_knight

There's no reason to assume that. It makes sense in this story for it to be the same, but that won't necessarily always be the case. I think the lesson we've hearned here is 'never say never.' I always held out hope for more class content and here some it.

I believe it's a valid question to ask and stand by asking it. I acknowledge your belief that it didn't need to be asked.

Seriously...

Going to a new planet and seeing something like:

Sith Warrior Phase Only

Sith Inquisitor Phase Only

Imperial Agent Phase Only

Bounty Hunter Phase Only

Jedi Knight Phase Only

Jedi Consular Phase Only

Smuggler Phase Only

Bounty Hunter Phase Only

* sigh *

Bliss. :rak_03:

Darth_Wicked, with respect, here is your answer (I am not sure why we are being so formal, but this is good fun).

For the most part, yes, what you will play is one singular storyline which is being told from two different sides, as player-characters of both factions have the same goals in the storyline (as in Forged Alliances). Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Thanks!

-eric

Wuoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! AMAZING!!!! This is super, really!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Thanks!

-eric

This is excellent news! I wish it was more than one mission, but I'll take it!

This is excellent news! I wish it was more than one mission, but I'll take it!

I'm hoping they're testing the waters with this one mission thats directly tied with the the Class you're playing. If it goes of with a bang and remains on the up and up, with any luck they might incorporate more into the next expansion. But let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Thanks!

-eric

I must be dreaming...this is so freakin fantastic!!! Seriously, wake me up when November ends