Bioware add 60 day subscription unlocks to cartel market

watermelonfan

Please add 60 day subscriptions to the cartel market. That would be really good because then we can buy them from other players on the GTN for credits. That would mean I wouldn't have to spend real money on subscriptions for this game. That would be awesome not only for us players but for Bioware too. Bioware you would also make a lot of money. You would also get an increase in the number of subscribers. Its already possible to buy any other item from the cartel market and sell it for credits. So why not do it for subscriptions too? You know you want to Bioware.

I doubt they'd do that - it's fairly easy to get large amounts of Cartel Coins for free, so if subs were put on the Cartel Market they'd lose a ton of money. Especially since subs get monthly free cartel coins, so buying one sub from the cartel market would basically be like a free lifetime sub.

been suggested before and rebuked, it has been, is, and will always be a bad idea.

for one simple reason

1a) they give away CC for achievements and to current subscribers

1b) credits are free

1c) Due to credit escrow players who can use it, can't even buy it unless it is super cheap.

So lets recap

Player 1 uses his/her free CC to purchase a 60 subscription

The only players that can use it, can't afford it even with unlimited free credits.

QED

BAD BAD idea.

been suggested before and rebuked, it has been, is, and will always be a bad idea.

for one simple reason

1a) they give away CC for achievements and to current subscribers

1b) credits are free

1c) Due to credit escrow players who can use it, can't even buy it unless it is super cheap.

So lets recap

Player 1 uses his/her free CC to purchase a 60 subscription

The only players that can use it, can't afford it even with unlimited free credits.

QED

BAD BAD idea.

1. They would not be losing money. They would all come from the cartel market. Therefore, someone would always be paying. It doesn't matter who pays. real Money is real money.

2. Yes credit escrow players would be able to afford it. The cartel market has unlocks for taking credits out of your escrow, which can be purchased on the GTN for credits. Granted, it would take longer than a current subscriber, but it would work. Or you could simply Pay for your first subscription with real money then buy another one with credits before your current subscription runs out.

3. It looks like I have just rebuked your answer.

1) Suggestion Forum.

2) They would lose money.

3) These would be overpriced on the GTN.

1. Just charge $30 worth of cartel coins on the cartel market. What would be the problem? Why would they need to be overpriced?

2. How would they be losing money when every subscription comes from the cartel market and costs the same amount of real money as on http://www.swtor.com?

Your logic is flawed.

Edited by watermelonfan

3. It looks like I have just rebuked your answer.

I think you missed his/her point: There are many many ways to get lots of Cartel Coins for free. If you're a sub, you get even more free CC. Thus, someone buying a sub for CC would easily be able to get the subscription without paying a cent...and then they'd start getting even more CC for being subbed, resulting in Bioware losing money.

You can buy 60 day sub cards. What they NEED is a 30 day sub card.

Did you not read my original post? The purpose is to be able to buy them with credits from someone who paid real money for it. Bioware would not lose any money at all. Someone would always be paying. Its like if I bought a milkshake from mcdonalds then I traded it for something one of my friends had. Mcdonalds would still get paid. So how would they lose money?

Did you not read my original post? The purpose is to be able to buy them with credits from someone who paid real money for it. Bioware would not lose any money at all. Someone would always be paying. Its like if I bought a milkshake from mcdonalds then I traded it for something one of my friends had. Mcdonalds would still get paid. So how would they lose money?

Because no real money would be paid. You can get Cartel Coins, lots of them, for FREE quite easily. Because of that, someone would easily be able to buy a sub from the Cartel market with the coins they got for free, meaning that no, Bioware wouldn't get a cent.

I think you missed his/her point: There are many many ways to get lots of Cartel Coins for free. If you're a sub, you get even more free CC. Thus, someone buying a sub for CC would easily be able to get the subscription without paying a cent...and then they'd start getting even more CC for being subbed, resulting in Bioware losing money.

the majority of the achievements don't reward cartel coins. And when they do, its very little. Its like 20 coins. That's not much. You will mostly be spending real money. And you would quickly run out of achievements that reward coins anyway. And not all the players who earn free corns will spend them on subscriptions.So they would not be losing money. Overall they would be making more money.

Edited by watermelonfan

1. Just charge $30 worth of cartel coins on the cartel market. What would be the problem? Why would they need to be overpriced?

2. How would they be losing money when every subscription comes from the cartel market and costs the same amount of real money as on http://www.swtor.com?

Your logic is flawed.

No yours is. Those people who would be buying subs from the CC to sell on the GTN would price them way higher than people without subs could afford, so you would have to sub anyways or buy lots of escrow unlocks to even get one.

So you would still end up paying real money when you want to only use credits. Or you know you can suck it up like everyone else and pay 15 bucks a month.

You can buy 60 day sub cards. What they NEED is a 30 day sub card.

Add the ability to buy 15 / 30 / 60 / 90 game time periods through the web site for RL $ (not CM market for CC) with consumable items delivered in-game which can be traded.

That would let Bioware collect the same amount of RL $ per sub time period (no using 'free' CC from spamming referral links everywhere to pay for sub time), while allowing players the ability to trade game time to other players using the GTN for credits.

Edited by DawnAskham

It works for most MMO's that have some kind of store currency, but unfortunately not for this one. There's too many ways to get free CC.

The only way they could do something like this would be by adding it as a direct purchase on the website (with actual money, similar to buying CC) and then give you an item in your mail, inventory or special interface that you can sell on the GTN.

But I'm thinking they're not really in favor of the idea or they'd have done something like that already.

So it looks like there won't be any in-game farming to buy game time.

No yours is. Those people who would be buying subs from the CC to sell on the GTN would price them way higher than people without subs could afford, so you would have to sub anyways or buy lots of escrow unlocks to even get one.

So you would still end up paying real money when you want to only use credits. Or you know you can suck it up like everyone else and pay 15 bucks a month.

1. Another thing your missing is that you could buy a subscription with credits before your current subscription runs out. (providing that you paid for the first subscription with real money)

2. Or you could buy many credit escrows from the GTN. Granted this option would take a while, but it would work.

wheres the problem?

the majority of the achievements don't reward cartel coins. And when they do, its very little. Its like 20 coins. That's not much. You will mostly be spending real money. And you would quickly run out of achievements that reward coins anyway. And not all the players who earn free corns will spend them on subscriptions.So they would not be losing money. Overall they would be making more money.

I'm not talking about achievements.

For example, refer a friend can easily be used to make you tons of coins -I've made 2.5k coins off it just this month.

It works for most MMO's that have some kind of store currency, but unfortunately not for this one. There's too many ways to get free CC.

The only way they could do something like this would be by adding it as a direct purchase on the website (with actual money, similar to buying CC) and then give you an item in your mail, inventory or special interface that you can sell on the GTN.

But I'm thinking they're not really in favor of the idea or they'd have done something like that already.

So it looks like there won't be any in-game farming to buy game time.

That's a really good idea. And just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean they won't. People have been asking for strongholds since this game launched. And will got them very recently. I'm sure there's plenty of things the developers want to add but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I'm not talking about achievements.

For example, refer a friend can easily be used to make you tons of coins -I've made 2.5k coins off it just this month.

in order to do that you have to convince that person to subscribe. You just made Bioware money that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. That's not an easy thing to do. So I don't think that's a major concern.

in order to do that you have to convince that person to subscribe. You just made Bioware money that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. That's not an easy thing to do. So I don't think that's a major concern.

Unless they are A: A current subscriber or B: Someone that also bought their sub with free cartel coins or via the gtn.

You would need an EvE-like real resource economy in game to be able to pull off a PLEX-like scheme. This would require a massive overhaul on how things work in SWTOR.

Not that I am against having an actual economy here of course. I am all for a Star Wars life simulator.

Unless they are A: A current subscriber or B: Someone that also bought their sub with free cartel coins or via the gtn.

I guess that would be a problem. So why not add the unlock as a separate purchase on swtor.com and have it mailed to your toon so you can list it on the GTN like someone else just reccommanded. I think that would be a good idea. I don't think that would stop anyone from buying them. they only difference is you are directly buying the item instead of coins. Bioware please do this. You know you want to.

Edited by watermelonfan

Only if they remove the referral CC bonus awards.

or they could add it as a unlock that you can only purchase on the site and then have them mail to you, so you can list it on auction house. I think that would be the best option. Bioware would make more money. We wouldn't have to remove anything. That way everyone is happy. Bioware please do that because it is a struggle for me to keep subscribing by paying real money. I only get $50 a month for allowance.

Edited by watermelonfan

or they could add it as a unlock that you can only purchase on the site and then have them mail to you, so you can list it on auction house. I think that would be the best option. Bioware would make more money. We wouldn't have to remove anything. That way everyone is happy. Bioware please do that because it is a struggle for me to keep subscribing by paying real money. I only get $50 a month for allowance.

and thats the crux. isn't it. You want a way for others to sell/give/donate/subsidize your subscription. With the (false) claims that they will make more money.

If a person gets benefits of subscription without pay for it, they are not making money. If that person cannot afford or choose not to pay for a subscription they should not get any benefits because someone else choose to pay twice. This is and will continue to be a bad idea and will result in less income and not more. There are faster and better selling items than this.

If for no other reason than it would give GOLD SELLERS a chance to buy a subscription and get access to forums etc.

Maybe you could ask parents/relatives for subscription time rather than money/gifts you could take that $50 a month spend $15 a month on this game and still ahve $35 dollars more than most of us got as an "allowance" when growing up.

Pre cell-phone I paid my own gas, food, snacks, movies. etc.

I had to pay for my own cell-phone while in college as well.

the travesty!!!

and thats the crux. isn't it. You want a way for others to sell/give/donate/subsidize your subscription. With the (false) claims that they will make more money.

If a person gets benefits of subscription without pay for it, they are not making money. If that person cannot afford or choose not to pay for a subscription they should not get any benefits because someone else choose to pay twice. This is and will continue to be a bad idea and will result in less income and not more. There are faster and better selling items than this.

If for no other reason than it would give GOLD SELLERS a chance to buy a subscription and get access to forums etc.

Maybe you could ask parents/relatives for subscription time rather than money/gifts you could take that $50 a month spend $15 a month on this game and still ahve $35 dollars more than most of us got as an "allowance" when growing up.

Pre cell-phone I paid my own gas, food, snacks, movies. etc.

I had to pay for my own cell-phone while in college as well.

the travesty!!!

You missed the obvious. There are ways to earn money outside of an allowance, right?

Mow a neighbor's lawn once a month BOOM subscription money. (But I don't have any neighbors...) That was just one example. Think it through, do the work, earn the money, learn a valuable life lesson.

Obv not directed at DOHboy.