PVP "best of best" stats for players on TEH

Lhancelot

I see that someone manages a thread where people have to submit their "best of the best" stats to have them posted in the thread... Is this the only guage or record of such personal stats for each server?

Does SWTOR not keep track of this stuff somewhere, where we can view it and compare? On WAR the mmo, players kills, etc. was kept track of and you could view the individual stats of every player listed that was in the top 100 (if I remember correctly). Does SWTOR not do something like that?

I seen on the SWTOR forums there is a listing of ranked rating for ranked warzones... which doesn't really mean much to me seeing it is not explained how or why a player has a rating of "2400" or something else similar.

It just seems lazy to me that older games actually kept track of more statistics that were interesting to look at, compared to SWTOR keeping track of some ranking system which I did not find any description of, detaling how the rating was given.

I see that someone manages a thread where people have to submit their "best of the best" stats to have them posted in the thread... Is this the only guage or record of such personal stats for each server?

Yes, and many of us never post.

Does SWTOR not keep track of this stuff somewhere, where we can view it and compare? On WAR the mmo, players kills, etc. was kept track of and you could view the individual stats of every player listed that was in the top 100 (if I remember correctly). Does SWTOR not do something like that?

No

I seen on the SWTOR forums there is a listing of ranked rating for ranked warzones... which doesn't really mean much to me seeing it is not explained how or why a player has a rating of "2400" or something else similar.

It just seems lazy to me that older games actually kept track of more statistics that were interesting to look at, compared to SWTOR keeping track of some ranking system which I did not find any description of, detaling how the rating was given.

Rating all means nothing because there is no cross server. So the "best" players on the leaderboard are just the ones being the most successful on their server, they never actually get to play each other. Whole thing is a joke, people take it all too seriously. Either you like 4s and want to play, or you don't.

Ranked PvP is a joke in this game. Not necessarily because the game is bad (Though in my opinion it doesn't support ranked very well), it's just not active enough & the small community is toxic.

The community isn't toxic, it's actually a really good community. The problem is that it is small and then there's the imbalance of arena's. I do agree with you that Ranked is a joke though. Bioware has made clear they aren't balancing around 4v4, yet they have no alternative for PVP.

As far as the Epeen stroking, there is no way to really compare. You can inspect achievements when you are next to someone. Usually, someone with a manhunter title has at least played a lot of PVP, so one would hope they at least understand the fundamentals.

Ranked PvP is a joke in this game..... the small community is toxic.

Ranked PvP is not a joke. You could say that its potential was diminished ever since they took out 8v8, but that doesn't change the significance behind the players rating. As we all know this is not a PvP server, so there will be players who dont pvp on a consistant basis getting into the ranked Queues, and even those that do might not understand the difference between regs and ranked. Ranked does take skill because it focuses on teamwork, and knowing your class.

I couldn't care less for all the talk about unbalanced and over-powered. I shadow tank. Period. Dont even talk to me about how unfair ranked arenas are, cause I dont care. A good hard-working and coordinated team can deal with anything, including a Jugg tank's 3 lives. Its been a while since I have been out-protected or out-dpsed by a jugg tank in Ranked. Out-healed, abso-freakin-lutely!!! When I see a jugg tank in WZs, ranked or Regs, that just means for me that I gotta tank harder. Yeah, I said it.

If you understand how a class plays, you know how to beat it. Thats fair enough.

---

One thing that really really grates on my nerves are the players who say the ranked community is toxic. No, no its not. There are some players (primarily imp side) who do explode when they see people in crap gear. Thats not toxic, that freaking understandable and a reasonable response!

The problem with ranked, is that you get the PVEers who want to farm conquest points, or comms to get their relics. Showing up in full 180 gear, augmented to the nines, is not a way to impress pvpers. We dont care about your NiM mode, global speed records and all that garbage.

When I leveled Mutilage, I stayed out of ranked completely until I got a full set of 158 gear, and had it fully augmented with purple 28 augs. Then once I converted reg comms to ranked comms, enough to get my relics, ear piece, and implants. Then I joined ranked.

PvPers dont show up to do NiM content in their 162 Brutilizer gear. So PvErs should not show up for ranked in 180 Dread Forged. And if they get yelled at, or raged against, they deserve it. It doesnt take a PvP veteran to know this. It should be common sense. Different game-type, means different gear.

Thank god someone gets it... Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one on this forum that is actually having fun.

Right!! Some of what I had said may have been a little "flamy" or "epeen stroking" but it was honestly meant in good humor to attempt to "kick the hornets nest" to rile up the Imp side.

#WHYCANTWEBEFRIENDS

#OPENACAN

#RAGEMUCH

EDIT: SWTOR is a video game. Meaning its sole purpose for its users is for them to have fun and enjoy it. Gotta laugh at life, and sometimes that means that life is gonna laugh right on back at you. Again, well played BDV.

Edited by WhistDarkblade

but it was honestly meant in good humor to attempt to "kick the hornets nest" to rile up the Imp side.

Problem is, so many of them are not even here to rile up. Most of them either went to Harb/Bastion, or left the game completely. There is literally no "PvP guild" on the Imp side :confused:

Edited by johnatters

Problem is, so many of them are not even here to rile up. Most of them either went to Harb/Bastion, or left the game completely. There is literally no "PvP guild" on the Imp side :confused:

Again, totally agree with you. But....I did have this one Quesh HB match that these two juggs from <Duo> showed up. Planetclanker and some other jugg with a funky named. Ohhhhh that match really pissed me off. Why??

Cause they executed the 6-0 win over us sooooo easily!! I wish I had been streaming at the time so I could go back and watch it!! We got stomped on, but it felt soooo good!

It was like the movie 300. You knew those greeks were gonna die, but you still had to watch how it happened. After the second score, and I saw what they were doing, I knew it was over. But that didnt make me rage quit. I just tried harder, if Im going to lose, Im gonna make you Imps work for it!

Course with my single pull, and the jugg then using their cc breaker and the Jugg equivalent of intercede to the other jugg leaping to the clueless Pugs standing in the EZ, there wasnt much I could do. Still it was a blast. Wish Rep side had more Guardian pvpers.....

Imagine an 8 man Guardian/Jugg HB match......leapin lizards!!!

I don't see why Solo Ranked and Group Ranked is being viewed as some sort of toxic circle jerk.

I log on every day and try to coax the queues for the sole reason of bolstering the server's already small community.

So far I've been: Trolled, accused of fixing games and accused of hacking - for those efforts.

Ranked isn't something that has to be looked on with a negative light. It's a competitive and (usually) fun environment. It's only not-fun when people start afking/leaving/arguing or showing up simply intending to derp about or intentionally hinder the team.

It doesn't seem like too much to ask when we ask people to queue up and have some fun. :p

As for group ranked, as soon as I get that tank - I look forward to being brutally mauled by all the teams we may potentially face.

OT: Your question has already been answered - though I figure it's worth mentioning a system that automatically tracked these "achievements" would be pretty cool. That being said, SWTOR has enough trouble keeping the official Leaderboards updated, let alone tracking the thousands of numbers that fizzle through the game on a daily basis.