Ranked PVP - What does it mean?

Lhancelot

I have been trying to understand the new Ranked PVP system and how it works on TEH. I played ranked when it was 8 vs 8, so the 4 vs 4 is new to me. I get the difference regarding the warzones now only being an "arena" deathmatch setup.

What I am curious about is, do most ranked players solo queue? Or are there many ranked teams that seem to run into eachother often times, enjoying competitive matches? Or.... are there only a few decent teams per faction that basically dominate the matches leaving little competitiveness for the bulk of the players who try to do ranked?

Also, what time of day do ranked warzones begin popping, and until when do they slow down/end? Thanks for the input!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranked only happens on the fifth solar cycle between the external equinox under the sign of Malifus. Sacrifice two chickens and a goat to start the start the queue popping. You will get exactly 1 match if you win, if you loose you will continue getting pops until you win. Then the equinox resets and you are back to farming regs.

However, I'm guessing if you let people know you want to run ranked they would forgo the ritualistic sacrifice to welcome you to the server.

I have been trying to understand the new Ranked PVP system and how it works on TEH. I played ranked when it was 8 vs 8, so the 4 vs 4 is new to me. I get the difference regarding the warzones now only being an "arena" deathmatch setup.

No objectives, just death matching. One step closer to making the "SOLO ME BRO!" people happy.

What I am curious about is, do most ranked players solo queue? Or are there many ranked teams that seem to run into eachother often times, enjoying competitive matches? Or.... are there only a few decent teams per faction that basically dominate the matches leaving little competitiveness for the bulk of the players who try to do ranked?

From my experience there are very few actual teams that are fielded. I typically only get matches doing solo and even then I have to be on a DPS or wait forever for another healer to join the queue.

Also, what time of day do ranked warzones begin popping, and until when do they slow down/end? Thanks for the input!

Scheduled ranked night is every Wednesday starting at 8PM server for both team and solo. However, sometimes it is fairly dead even then.

The best best is to get some buddies together and tell people to queue up in /pvp and /enemies chat.

Yeah, I figured the answers to my questions would be pretty dismal. Thanks for the detailed answers though.

What surprises me is how much hate goes towards guilds that run 4 man groups that enter non-ranked 8 vs 8 lvl 55 warzones. I honestly don't enjoy the 4 vs 4 matches as much as the normal warzones that require objectives other than killing the other team.

I honestly cannot fault people from queing the normal warzones at 55 lvl, even if they are max geared. Just because they have the top pvp gears doesn't mean they begin enjoying 4 vs 4 deathmatches if they never really did in the first place.

Just seems like a poor way to force people into 4 vs 4 deathmatches. That sucks. Hopefully some change occurs in the future for swtor pvp.

Unlike most people I think that bioware does make changes to better the game. Maybe someday this will be something addressed. It sounds like many players are not happy with the ranked pvp system in general.

I tried to stay out of the forums for as much as possible, but this **** is just highly intolerable. First of all all the little guilds that pvp nowadays will tell you how much they hate 4v4 ranked when reality is that a lot of times they are jsut scared to lose and most ppl on this server are scared to lose because that would invalidate all the **** talking they previously did. These same people will 'try" and i QUOTE "try" to stomp pugs im regs by superqueuing which is something they sometimes can't even pull off.

Furthermore stupid inbred extra -chromosome, ****tards will tell you you now on the forums how much they try to get 4v4s going now that they are the "big" cats and im referring mostly to the pub guilds that superqueue here and "think" they run ****, when in fact not too long age they used to get shat on majorly by <Shots Fired> and company. Also we used to hold the ball at mid and farm your *********** superqueues with just 4 people......

So now that the people that can beat you are gone, you want to show off your flaccid *****?

If you talk to just about any pvper from the 8v8 days they will tell you that pvp in this game died when bioware killed off 8v8 ranked and replaced it with 4v4.

True there are some that have embraced the new ways, but biowares apparent unwillingness to bring back ranked 8v8 shows that this games pvp community takes a backseat to those focused on the games PVE content.

Personally, I am an objective-focused player. I do not care for the death matching of 4v4, so you do not see me playing ranked often.

With the announcement of 3.0 and the discipline system they plan to implement, we will see what the complete loss of hybrid builds does to the pvp community of the game.

Just saw tequila posting same time as me. So, also ^^^^^ what he said

Edited by Briggleworth

I tried to stay out of the forums for as much as possible, but this **** is just highly intolerable. First of all all the little guilds that pvp nowadays will tell you how much they hate 4v4 ranked when reality is that a lot of times they are jsut scared to lose and most ppl on this server are scared to lose because that would invalidate all the **** talking they previously did. These same people will 'try" and i QUOTE "try" to stomp pugs im regs by superqueuing which is something they sometimes can't even pull off.

Furthermore stupid inbred extra -chromosome, ****tards will tell you you now on the forums how much they try to get 4v4s going now that they are the "big" cats and im referring mostly to the pub guilds that superqueue here and "think" they run ****, when in fact not too long age they used to get shat on majorly by <Shots Fired> and company. Also we used to hold the ball at mid and farm your *********** superqueues with just 4 people......

So now that the people that can beat you are gone, you want to show off your flaccid *****?

So I heard WoW was too hard

I dont do solo ranked because I never que with the mentality "I might have to carry someone, and gosh gee golly I am super ok with that!" I dont expect much from people I dont know. Just pull your weight. The sad truth is more often than not, they dont. I prefer group ranked, and Im not afraid of a group ranked L. That said, there arent really too many others willing to take a beating. I agree with most of what Tequila said. Its hard to talk trash and stroke your e-bingbing when you get slaughtered in ranked. Much easier to stack an 8man squad vs some bad pugs and view yourselves as gods.

Well it's funny how some people enjoy the 4 vs 4 ranked deathmatches so they queue them and feel really grand and proud how tough they are doing ranked warzones... Yet they are offended by the people who queue regulars and win in those matches. Regular matches actually require a different skill set to win than a deathmatch.

I aint saying one is harder than the other, they are just different. You people who sling your e-peens around about how great you are at ranked warzones are no better than the ones who "super-queue" 8 vs 8 regulars and brag about winning these matches. I bet that most of these "super-queues" are rare, and actually just guilds who have different groups of pvpers that happen to get tossed in together.

Thing is, both sides, imps and pubs do it, both sides have highly geared pvpers that do the regulars, and they have their own reasons for why they choose to do the regulars. It's a fact some people simply do not like 4 vs 4 deathmatches which leads them to queue for regular warzones at lvl 55. That doesn't mean that they can't hack ranked pvp. it just means they don't like deathmatching over and over. And over.

Well it's funny how some people enjoy the 4 vs 4 ranked deathmatches so they queue them and feel really grand and proud how tough they are doing ranked warzones... Yet they are offended by the people who queue regulars and win in those matches. Regular matches actually require a different skill set to win than a deathmatch.

I aint saying one is harder than the other, they are just different. You people who sling your e-peens around about how great you are at ranked warzones are no better than the ones who "super-queue" 8 vs 8 regulars and brag about winning these matches. I bet that most of these "super-queues" are rare, and actually just guilds who have different groups of pvpers that happen to get tossed in together.

Thing is, both sides, imps and pubs do it, both sides have highly geared pvpers that do the regulars, and they have their own reasons for why they choose to do the regulars. It's a fact some people simply do not like 4 vs 4 deathmatches which leads them to queue for regular warzones at lvl 55. That doesn't mean that they can't hack ranked pvp. it just means they don't like deathmatching over and over. And over.

Most of the people who enjoy running ranked actually preferred the old 8vs8 format (or like both equally), the reason why people "sling their epeens" around is that ranked 4vs4 arena is the only pvp format that pits your team against another team... most regular warzones are won or lost based on how derpy the randoms are, winning with a super queue against pugs/4 man + pugs/etc means jack ****.

P.S. the skill sets that make you successful in team arena are the same skill sets that make you successful in 8vs8, cc, hard switches, creating separation, pressure, dps, hps, guard swapping, etc, etc - 8vs8 just adds a "macro" level of objectives on top of that, but when two equally competent/skilled teams go against each other it's the "mirco" level stuff that you utilize in arena that separates the winners from the losers.

Edited by alexsamma

People are over-complicating things.

The real truth is in the following simple set of questions. Actually, these questions are so remarkable that they are answers at the same time.

1. Is there Huttball available in ranked queue?

Edited by Jenzali

People are over-complicating things.

The real truth is in the following simple set of questions. Actually, these questions are so remarkable that they are answers at the same time.

1. Is there Huttball available in ranked queue?

No, and this makes me sad :<

No, and this makes me sad :<

So much EMO.

Just wait until the Expac... I hear they are coming out with Auto-pilot too... so not only do derps not have to think about their skill trees, but now they can just hit autopilot and the computer will run the perfect rotations for them.

Most of the people who enjoy running ranked actually preferred the old 8vs8 format (or like both equally), the reason why people "sling their epeens" around is that ranked 4vs4 arena is the only pvp format that pits your team against another team... most regular warzones are won or lost based on how derpy the randoms are, winning with a super queue against pugs/4 man + pugs/etc means jack ****.

P.S. the skill sets that make you successful in team arena are the same skill sets that make you successful in 8vs8, cc, hard switches, creating separation, pressure, dps, hps, guard swapping, etc, etc - 8vs8 just adds a "macro" level of objectives on top of that, but when two equally competent/skilled teams go against each other it's the "mirco" level stuff that you utilize in arena that separates the winners from the losers.

You are a beautiful person.

I see a lot of ppl that are qq'ing about deathmatching yet all they do is deathmatch in regs too..... just cause there is an objective doesn't mean everyone will play objectively. PUB side super queues are as real as it gets and after 5 pm its every other game that has either a <REGULATORS> or <Republic> super queue which can be annoying. I can't say i've seen any imp superqueues since lol <Regulators> stopped playing imp side. there are pugs that do play well together though!

I see a lot of ppl that are qq'ing about deathmatching yet all they do is deathmatch in regs too..... just cause there is an objective doesn't mean everyone will play objectively. PUB side super queues are as real as it gets and after 5 pm its every other game that has either a <REGULATORS> or <Republic> super queue which can be annoying. I can't say i've seen any imp superqueues since lol <Regulators> stopped playing imp side. there are pugs that do play well together though!

Unfortunately, lots of tunnelers on this server. I can't tell you how many times I've taken 2-3 melee a country mile off the node while my teammates capped on them or killed all their teammates. That included some of these people in so called PVP guilds.

But then again, if you play a vigilance guardian/ Vengeance Jug... You have already subscribed to the lowest common denominator. :rak_03:

Unfortunately, lots of tunnelers on this server. I can't tell you how many times I've taken 2-3 melee a country mile off the node while my teammates capped on them or killed all their teammates. That included some of these people in so called PVP guilds.

But then again, if you play a vigilance guardian/ Vengeance Jug... You have already subscribed to the lowest common denominator. :rak_03:

Hipster Zerkonis played Vengeance before it was cool!

So you say no pvp guilds on imp side have 4+ players that queue at the same time for regular 55 matches and if they do, never since <Regulators> do they get placed into the same match creating a "super-queue".

Also, 55s that complain or qq about deathmatching in the 4 vs 4s don't bother with the objectives in regulars they only deathmatch there too.

Your perception seems a bit jaded and self-serving. I mean seriously, even when I played imps when I first arrived to TEH server I ended up fighting many <Guerrilla> and <Catfish> groups that had 6-8 of their members in a warzone, in mids and lowbies both. Did they superqueue, or did it just happen to match them onto the same team when they had 6-8 members who just happened to be all queing for pvp?

I do know that even a guild I was in who had many members queue pvp and it threw us all onto the same team and we did not try to match our queues together... It just happens naturally if you have a lot of members queing for pvp at the same time then can end up together.

You are trying to convince people that this never happens with imps at 55 pvp, and when it does happen with pubs they are nefariously queing together to create superqueues? Blow that smoke up someone else's *** because I am quite sure it happens on both sides not just pub side.

You obviously are one of those players who enjoys 4 vs 4s and in your mind these showcase the ultimate in skill. But to lay claims that people couldn't possibly enjoy 8 vs 8s better than 4 vs 4s is silly, as many people have already said this. Also, pubs are no more nefarious in their queing for pvp than the imps.

In the "PRESENT" i don't ever see any imp super queues, so if you can tell me when in the past 2 weeks have you came across a real imp super queue be my guest. yes there are people that group together that make up a team of 4 but that is not a superqueue. Superqueue these days is when you see 6+ people of <insert random republic guild name> in the same warzone plus a pug or friend of said pub guild. Yes <Guerrilla> did superqueue or had enough people at one point to get in warzones together, but that was then and this is now.

Either way my whole point is not that people superqueue in regs which i dont care, I bet if they ever brought back 8v8 ranked there would be soo many excuses from same people that are ************ about the deathmatching in 4v4 ranked. "oh we dont have the right comp, we dont have gear bla bla" point is the only real reason why these superqueue heroes don't want to do ranked is because they won't win "all the time or most of the time" as they do in regs lol.

I can tell you with all honesty that there is absolutely no way that you have seen a <Guerrilla> super queue in recent history. we never did queue with the specific intention of getting 8 together. When we did have 2 groups queuing, pairing was purely at random and 9 times out of 10 we would be on opposite sides of the field.

With most moving to Bastion recently, you will not find more than 2-3 of us in game at any given time, so if you think you have seen 8 of us against you recently, you were having a nightmare, but it wasn't real:eek: