Shadow of Revan Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a founder and a subscriber. I want this expansion. Is it already pre-ordered? Will I get the expansion and early access as long as I maintain my subscription?

Pretty much same situation.

But on contrary I think, subscribers also must PAY for this expansion.

Amirite?

I would highly doubt it. My guess is they're having a closed PTS only available to certain people, so that the story and other finite details of the expansion don't end up getting leaked everywhere.

For history and other details, I agree. But for operations and level 60 ..

Like Rise of the Hutt Cartel at the time. We had a PTS version to try some things ..

Nice trailer. The announcement today caught my totally by surprise. Very much looking forward to 2nd December, although I will probably not see the content before the 6th.

17 EUR, no problem. Although I assume this is a subscriber's bargain and F2Ps pay more? ;)

As for Revan, wth is wrong with him? He wants to wipe out both, Republic and Empire? This reminds me of someone. Havoc Squad will have to have a word with him about this.

P. S. @BW: I could pre-order the expension without having to confirm my security code. If I want to see my customer account, I always have to enter a code. But if you want to charge my credit card, I don't have to? That makes me wonder. :rolleyes:

Edited by JattaGin

Revan has returned. Prepare to face Revan and his fanatical followers as you adventure through five new levels of story-driven Star Wars™ missions, reach new heights of power at an increased level cap of 60, explore exciting worlds and fight in new high-level Flashpoints and Operations in the Digital Expansion, Shadow of Revan, launching December 9th!

Pre-order by November 2nd to get special rewards!

Watch Now

Can those of us who already have maximum level 55 characters or have already done all class quests on theirs also get an additional pre-order bonus that is actually useful to us? Maybe raising the cap of maximum characters per server above 22 so we can level more characters and enjoy the reward at least?

This feels like the most loyal subscribers are being punished for their loyality.

Also, will Shadow of Revan finally introduce the long-promised option to toggle on chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat?

Edited by Glzmo

Please forgive my ignorance with this question. I came into swtor after Rise of the Hutt Cartel was free. So I am guessing by the pre-order bonuses that SOR is not free for subs.

Does it eventually become free? or how does this work?

I was so excited when I read about the class mission exp boost, but then I see on another page, it is listed as "limited time." I would prefer to see it available to any second character of a class. So...do the story once, and from then on, all subsequent characters of that class get the exp boost.

Also, I think there is a typo on the time shown for how long this exp boost lasts. It says early access begins on Dec 2nd, but the exp boost ends on Dec 1st...before access even begins.

How long does the exp perk actually last?

Terms like, "make our last stand" & "Face your destiny" give a sense of finality to this video...

Almost as if they are hinting at this being the beginning of the end...

Empire and Republic fighting together against a common enemy, then what? Where do we go from there? How do we progress?

Makes that reddit post from back in June seem a lot less hair brained and a little more accurate now.

Thank you BioWare for keep ruining the most powerful character in the hole star wars. Just as i excepted, of course we cant be allies with him, instead we should destroy him the best character in the star wars, great! Are you serious?! I am Revan from kotor now its like i would destroy myself in a older version lmao. BioWare should've just leave Revan and just freaking make kotor 3 with someone else... Revan is a good man, using both side of the force to gain strength and fight for the truth of the galaxy and to save it. I know Emperor imprisoned him etc.. but still he is the best character of all time for me and for many more people, Officialy he is a Jedi Master still... All my hopes from this dlc are:

- Level Cap is a good thing

- Grand Statue of Revan

-Will able to obtain revans new armor wearable

These are all my wishes pretty much from this.... won't be even playing the story, maybe if he is not the real Revan which I think is.

So effectively that means a whopping four flashpoints that may end up being worthwhile, thanks to the higher level cap that demotes all current flashpoints to story fodder that one maybe runs through once like all the tactical ones.

But hey, maybe disciplines mean we get to have some resemblance of fun in PvP again.

I don't understand why they've made Revan evil again. It really doesn't fit with the overall story.

We don't know this IS Revan. All we truly know is there is a person behind a mask that claims to be Revan. Maybe is, maybe not. More than one person would love to have power over the Revanites for their personal cause.

Terms like, "make our last stand" & "Face your destiny" give a sense of finality to this video...

Almost as if they are hinting at this being the beginning of the end...

Empire and Republic fighting together against a common enemy, then what? Where do we go from there? How do we progress?

Makes that reddit post from back in June seem a lot less hair brained and a little more accurate now.

Yeah, that worries me a bit as well. Like someone is rushing them to finish the story.

I'm confused, why is everyone wanting to get rid of Revan now? He was trying to save the republic in the foundry. What did I miss?

No one knows, the Revan I know is a Jedi Master who is a living legend, Hero and has been Dark Lord of the Sith before. What happened after foundry just he knows. (And the developers :confused:

From the expansion page, this doesn't really seem like enough for an expansion that we have to pay for. And where is the "something nice for subscribers"? The preorder bonuses are pretty meh, imo.

Early access is nice, I don't need 12xp since I already leveled all the characters I am planning to level, decorations are OK, and I already paid for RotHC so giving it to me for free doesn't help me.

Edited by Icebergy

So, because I'm at work and don't have time to comb the responses - will this content be available to subscribers who are already subbed prior to launch? I'm assuming it will be, but you never know with these things....

Revan has returned. Prepare to face Revan and his fanatical followers as you adventure through five new levels of story-driven Star Wars™ missions, reach new heights of power at an increased level cap of 60, explore exciting worlds and fight in new high-level Flashpoints and Operations in the Digital Expansion, Shadow of Revan, launching December 9th!

Pre-order by November 2nd to get special rewards!

Watch Now

preorderd

Would love to see cross-faction flashpoints and operations (group finder).

It'll be a while before they even think of doing such a thing, and if something like that does eventually take place, it won't be that big in scale... which is a shame. Can you imagine what that would bring to the game?