How do you deal with guild moles?

Steror

Supposedly there is a mole in the guild I am in who was sent by a rival guild. They don't have Guild Bank access so there's not much they can do to hurt us as far as I know. We think it's a recent recruit but know not which one. A solution I'm thinking would be to just kick all new recruits from the guild. Any advice?

Supposedly there is a mole in the guild I am in who was sent by a rival guild. They don't have Guild Bank access so there's not much they can do to hurt us as far as I know. We think it's a recent recruit but know not which one. A solution I'm thinking would be to just kick all new recruits from the guild. Any advice?

That sounds incredibly dick-ish. I would never want to be part of a guild that would do that to completely innocent players.

That sounds incredibly dick-ish. I would never want to be part of a guild that would do that to completely innocent players.

Why do you think I'm asking for advice? If you have none, then kindly please don't comment.

Feed each recruit different false information and see which information gets leaked.

Or go to the doctor and ask for the freezing treatment.

Also, why do you think you have a mole? Also, what purpose would it serve?

Or go to the doctor and ask for the freezing treatment.

Also, why do you think you have a mole? Also, what purpose would it serve?

I was told by the guild leader himself that he was Whispered by an unknown source (which already sounds fishy and/or impossible). I don't know much about it, but the other guild leaders have all talked and want to convene so it seems legit enough to me. I don't know what damage this mole could do without Guild Bank access. We are a PvE/RP guild, so it's not as if we have much to hide.

LOL, this issue been around for decades and one thing Ive never understood

Exactly what "information" does your guild have that is so ultra secret and important that you even care what someone says to a different guild?

As for how to deal with this, you will not like the answer

Answer: Get over yourselves, you're not that important and your guild isnt that special that other guilds need to infiltrate your special little group.

There is no super secret info guilds can have in this game that would cause any reasonable person to worry about having a mole.

If they add in RVR and your trying to keep a planned assault on a enemy base quiet. Well then you would have reason to worry about a mole. Right now however there is NOTHING anyone can find out that would cause any reasonabe person to worry about this.

LOL, this issue been around for decades and one thing Ive never understood

Exactly what "information" does your guild have that is so ultra secret and important that you even care what someone says to a different guild?

As for how to deal with this, you will not like the answer

Answer: Get over yourselves, you're not that important and your guild isnt that special that other guilds need to infiltrate your special little group.

There is no super secret info guilds can have in this game that would cause any reasonable person to worry about having a mole.

If they add in RVR and your trying to keep a planned assault on a enemy base quiet. Well then you would have reason to worry about a mole. Right now however there is NOTHING anyone can find out that would cause any reasonabe person to worry about this.

That's kind of what I've been thinking, as we only have a little under 40 members, some of whom being inactives. Thanks for saying what I didn't know I wanted to think about.

This whole thing is just silly. It's not like your guild has some special super duper shhhhhhhh secrets that spies must ferret out for the ultimate power of elite gaming success.

If there IS a mole from another guild then just sit back and enjoy laughing about their insanity.

Do nothing, for now.

You will know. For example you go to attack cmdrs and your rival guild magically knows where, you have already narrowed it down to who is online.

If you are not on a PvP server, it hardly matters.

Why do you think I'm asking for advice? If you have none, then kindly please don't comment.

Well in that case, my advice would be to not implement the idea that you've already thought of. Doing nothing would be far superior to that.

If there was a guild I really didn't like, for one reason or another, the first thing I would do is tell one of its officers that there is a spy in their midst, but not say who. Then, I would sit back and watch as they tear themselves apart from inside out. I'd laugh as they started to guild-kick suspects, withdraw guild bank support from others, excluding even more from guild functions, until no one wanted to be a part of said guild anymore.

Have you watched The Departed / Infernal Affairs ?

Place some moles back in rival guilds.

Better yet, don't have any rival guilds...

We have over 200 unique accounts in our guild. We don't have rivals, we don't care who has a toon in another guild.

Frankly, we have a few guilds that we raid with from time to time, but honestly, if they have a "mole", well... so what? We aren't doing anything special...

Have not really read this thread only the OP,s post

First why do you think there is a mole? I doubt that very much, that's not saying you don't have a bad guild member though. If that is the case someone else in your guild must know who, just ask them and wait until its been verified by several members. then remove.

its simple, just don't give these guys guild bank access, unless they do stuff that somehow proves their worth like donates a ton of money or something. You don't have to kick them all out just because one of them MIGHT be a mole. In the end, the other guild wins if you do that, cause it makes your guild look horrible, and who knows they might even take the opportunity to steal away some members who could have been valuable additions to your ranks.

just give it time and be careful with who has guild bank access. Take them on ops or something, keep info compartmentalized between officers and trusted members. Again, kicking out all recruits would be too far.

just one question does your guild do conquest bosses on planets? cause then you might want to keep all info on that secret except to the specific guild members you plan on taking with you for it. And like someone else said, feed the recruits false info. Then if I were you I would send a guildy to whatever planet you misdirected them to, and see if anyone from the rival guild shows up at the conquest boss. Do this by giving different recruits different planets at different times, so then you can identify any mole and remove them.

Edited by Sangrar