Choice of armor set, easy, pick what you like and get it, Saber hilts? Not a chance!

LeJarC

With armor sets, we have currently so many options that the times you cannot find a particular base model is relative few. Saber hilts however is a totally different matter, why?

There's only so many base model hilts in game, each occurring under a gadzillion names and with varying qualities.

But to find a particular model hilt is often like asking for the jackpot in a lottery.

Could we please get schematics for customizable saber hilts for each of the base models? Not asking that they also have the same name because that might upset those who gotten their hilt as reward in a quest line, even if those have counterparts in game with different names.

Sounds like you want a weapon designer, something I've attempted to talk about around here a couple of times... Been mostly disregarded though. sorry :(

I could be wrong -- I didn't see the stream myself mind you -- but I was told that Eric said in last week's stream that something like that was off the pipeline so to speak.

If anyone saw that stream and remembers it more vividly, please share. :D

I'm not asking for a weapon designer because all of these hilts are already in game. , what I want is simply that for every base model in the game (which aren't that many) and excluding the ones in the Cartel Shop obviously, they would add a schematic for that base model.

Or simply add them to a vendor for commendations, like they done with all of the weapons that can drop in Black Talon and are also available from a vendor.

And if the "customizable" made you think of a "designer", I meant the orange quality that can be modded

Edited by LeJarC

I fully understand how you feel. Im always picky about how my toon looks...even at low levels. Im lucky in the fact that most of the weps i want are dropped in some kind of heroic in the game so i just simply re run it and get it that way. Some others are bit more difficult....a drop in an operation thats not a guaranteed drop.

I acquired the Darth Bandon sabre long ago near the launch of the game and i still have that on my main as of today.

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2013/07/DarthBandonsDoubleBladedLightsaber.png

Also.....there being a wep designer in the game would be awesome. I would pick that up with a quickness.

I fully understand how you feel. Im always picky about how my toon looks...even at low levels. Im lucky in the fact that most of the weps i want are dropped in some kind of heroic in the game so i just simply re run it and get it that way. Some others are bit more difficult....a drop in an operation thats not a guaranteed drop.

I acquired the Darth Bandon sabre long ago near the launch of the game and i still have that on my main as of today.

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2013/07/DarthBandonsDoubleBladedLightsaber.png

Also.....there being a wep designer in the game would be awesome. I would pick that up with a quickness.

That model is fairly common truth be told.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm pretty sure the OP just wants more than the custom built saber and elegant saber schematics available from artifice. Which is totally fair.

I think that's reasonable. Weapon and armour crafting crew skills should be able to provide a pretty extensive catalogue of armour and weapon models that the game launched with.

I think it's fair that the cartel market sells brand new reskins and models, but not as a way to provide the same models that already existed in the base game. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

Edited by Marb

That model is fairly common truth be told.

Wicked, i never said it was a rare weapon. I just linked mine as an example of finding my favorite weapon early on and still keeping it to this day. At least on my main i havent had to look for a nice looking hilt since different designs have been available. There are in fact a few different versions of the Darth Bandon sabre...one being in the cartel market iirc.

On a different note, the weapon designer could go to a npc to get missions to short quests to obtain the schems to build fancier weapons. Going to a trainer just to buy or earn the schem right there would be a bit boring. Something in the realm of the HK quest but not quiet that difficult. It would make for an interesting profession.

As ive said, i would jump all over it if it were ever introduced.