Restricted Legacy Gear

The-Uncreative

You know those Exalted and Renowned Legacy sets? not to mention that Birthright and Inheritance Gear. I like how it looks, except, I can't put it on my companions due to class restrictions, nor can I give it to my mirror alts to wear....

So please remove class restrictions on those sets, we already have little class identification tags, and Cartel armour. we can already make our trooper took like a Jedi or Sith, so why is there still this restriction? if it wasn't there i would buy the sets.... all of them.... but as it stands? nope, not intrested....

Here are the sets I'm talking about:

Smuggler's renowned

Trooper's renowned

Consular's renowned

Guardian's renowned

Sentinel's renowned

Agent's renowned

Hunter's renowned

Inquisitor's renowned

Juggernaut's renowned

Marauder's renowned

Smuggler's Exalted

Trooper's Exalted

Consular's Exalted

Guardian's Exalted

Sentinel's Exalted

Agent's Exalted

Hunter's Exalted

Inquisitor's Exalted

Juggernaut's Exalted

Marauder's Exalted

/signed.

Legacy stuff hasn't been done anything about in ages, and I'm pretty sure very few people are using them at all. This would at least make them easier to preview and more versatile in use. Although maybe some restriction for buying them could still be in effect, ie you'd have to have a trooper to 50/55 to be able to buy the trooper legacy gear. Otherwise they wouldn't be "legacy" vendors anymore.

There is possibility a reason for the restriction as you can use the legacy armor to move your mods from one set of gear to another. If doing away with the restrictions will not allow us to do this then I would prefer to keep the legacy armor the way it is as I can get mods from one set of gear and send to my alt. Edited by ScarletBlaze

There is possibility a reason for the restriction as you can use the legacy armor to move your mods from one set of gear to another. If doing away with the restrictions will not allow us to do this then I would prefer to keep the legacy armor the way it is as I can get mods from one set of gear and send to my alt.

There is no possibility that that is a reason for the restriction remaining. There are tons of legacy pieces in the game that still allow that and have no class restriction.

Edited by Kryand

I agree with this idea. As stated there are plenty of unrestricted legacy sets and cartel sets that can make give you the attire look of other classes.

My reason for supporting this is making new looks. I have balance sage and madness sorcerer in full legacy gear including the weapon and offhand. The set they are wearing is made up of pieces from 5-6 different unrestricted legacy sets with a dye module in chest unified, so i can use legacy gear while having more of a unique look of my own design instead of the standard set appearances.

Then i have a bh/trooper mirrored classes in rakghoul set.

I need to make a set for my agent/smuggler.

A marauder/sentinel in the same set as my sorc/sage (when i get my sent leveled up anyway), which i would like to modify with different pieces so it is not same.

With class restrictions removed off these i would have more legacy pieces to mix and match to make even more looks for different chars and companions, and it would not change anything in regard to legacy gear and credit sinks due to the amount of unrestricted already.

As a side note i also think that with cartel market purchased armor, once you have bought i add a second unlock option, leave the normal unlock and add an unlock as legacy this would boost sales among people like me, as i currently have no use for non legacy equipment which all the cartel gear is. If it was legacy i would buy them for more pieces to make unique set looks. As it stands cartel gear while some of it looks great is not worth buying to me.

Edited by Rusah

/signed

/signed.

I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who likes this idea :)

Legacy stuff hasn't been done anything about in ages, and I'm pretty sure very few people are using them at all. This would at least make them easier to preview and more versatile in use. Although maybe some restriction for buying them could still be in effect, ie you'd have to have a trooper to 50/55 to be able to buy the trooper legacy gear. Otherwise they wouldn't be "legacy" vendors anymore.

I could image that that would be the reason they haven't changed it yet... perhaps they could make a vendor restriction or something? Like the security vendor, you can only buy something if you have the required class? Link it to Achievements?

Perhaps too difficult though, but I like the idea that you need to have a certain class+ level combination to buy it, like the reputation legacy sets :)

I agree with this idea. As stated there are plenty of unrestricted legacy sets and cartel sets that can make give you the attire look of other classes.

My reason for supporting this is making new looks. I have balance sage and madness sorcerer in full legacy gear including the weapon and offhand. The set they are wearing is made up of pieces from 5-6 different unrestricted legacy sets with a dye module in chest unified, so i can use legacy gear while having more of a unique look of my own design instead of the standard set appearances.

yes, I agree with this as well, mixing is a wonderfull way of getting a unique look, and that is best to do with lots and lots of different options :D

As a side note i also think that with cartel market purchased armor, once you have bought i add a second unlock option, leave the normal unlock and add an unlock as legacy this would boost sales among people like me, as i currently have no use for non legacy equipment which all the cartel gear is. If it was legacy i would buy them for more pieces to make unique set looks. As it stands cartel gear while some of it looks great is not worth buying to me.

I would love this as well, now that I have discovered the joy of legacy gear I'm hesitant to go back to regular and cartell armor. Granted, for leveling it's nice to have different looks per planet or per chapter, but at endgame Legacy is the way to go (at least, that is my opinion)

There is no possibility that that is a reason for the restriction remaining. There are tons of legacy pieces in the game that still allow that and have no class restriction.

and (I would like to add) we can never have enough variation :D

That's why they have collections, unlock it on one character, go into collections and get the legacy wide unlock, now you can reclaim that piece from collections on any alt you have, for free. Sure you can't mail mods between alts with it, but you can use legacy bound sets to do that (I use the bazillions of the GSF pilot outfits you get in the mail for being a sub when GSF released).

That's why they have collections, unlock it on one character, go into collections and get the legacy wide unlock, now you can reclaim that piece from collections on any alt you have, for free. Sure you can't mail mods between alts with it, but you can use legacy bound sets to do that (I use the bazillions of the GSF pilot outfits you get in the mail for being a sub when GSF released).

I think you missed my point on this one. If you re read my post you will see that i roll mirror classes (example balance sage/madness sorc), and use one legacy set for those two characters. Also in my post i put that i like to mix legacy pieces for unique looks for these sets.

As such unlocking them to reclaim in collections as per character pieces are worthless to me, and as such not worth buying cartel market armors at all.

I am not going to waste my time and in game credits pulling mods out of a non legacy set, putting them in legacy storage, re-logging then putting them in yet another set, not when i can just use legacy gear and legacy storage to transfer instant with no mod pulling needed.

But with legacy armor i can share between mirror classes, at present i have two mirror class sets and i am close to having a third all in legacy sets to share between the mirror classes. With a legacy collection unlock they would be worth buying for more pieces to mix and match legacy looks.

With a legacy version unlock legacy users like me would be more likely to purchase, it would not affect credit sinks as whether cartel legacy armor or non cartel i would do it the same.

This would give a new source of income as people who use legacy would buy sets, then legacy unlock, on top of people buying and unlocking for single char use. As it stands legacy users have no use for cartel gear.