Did they ever bring back the General title for Jedi Knights? If not, is it possible?

Katano

Played the game during beta, i remember getting a General title at end of Jedi Knight story if you were darkside but a bunch of cry babies whined because they didn't get to be masters so Bioware gave you the master title no matter what and for some reason took away General.

I quit a month or so after launch and come back every 6-8 months for 30 days to give the game a try again and this is one of those 30 day trials. I'm just wondering if the General title was brought back because i know a lot of people wanted it. If not, have they at least explained why? I think other classes also loss titles but i can't remember which.

Edited by Katano

That is a real shame. I don't see why it would be such a big deal/hard thing to do for them to just add those titles back into the game. It would make a lot of people happy and wouldn't take long at all to implement.

Best compromise: Give General to dark siders, and Master to light siders. After the Ilum story, you get the second one. Everyone is happy, just one requires a little more work.

<sarcastic whine mode> But then F2P and Prefs couldn't get the other title!!11!11one!!eleven!</sarcastic whine>

Or just give both titles at the end of chapter Three.

Best compromise: Give General to dark siders, and Master to light siders. After the Ilum story, you get the second one. Everyone is happy, just one requires a little more work.

No, the best compromise is offer both titles, and let subs choose which they want, no matter what their alignments.

No, the best compromise is offer both titles, and let subs choose which they want, no matter what their alignments.

As it was originally was fine.

DS Jedi Knights got the General Title, while LS Jedi Knights got the Master title; See no reason whatsoever to change that, especially when the story is till there to justify it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

DS Jedi Knights got the General Title, while LS Jedi Knights got the Master title; See no reason whatsoever to change that, especially when the story is till there to justify it.

Why not have both and just pick the one you like more to use?

Why not have both and just pick the one you like more to use?

Replay value, plus the fact they went the extra mile to include dialogue that changes accordingly, depending on the alignment of your Jedi Knight.

Also, Smugglers who...

kill Rogun the Butcher are awarded the "Butcher's Bane" title.

Why should it be any different here?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Exactly.

Many elements of consequence(s) were removed from player decisions which only pushed the game towards being more static and having player's stories being less unique from one another, whether it's titles or killing off companions.

The insane part of the JK titles is that Satele literally explains to your character why you can't have the Master title, and then it is clearly explained why you're getting the General title. Seriously, **** off if you can't handle that. You had/have to make a lot of "evil" choices to get to that point, you don't deserve the Master title, that is the consequence of your action(s)

Also FYI the people who complained about it more than likely don't even play the game anymore and we're the ones stuck with the consequences of their actions. Go figure.

I wonder what happens if you're alignment is at 0? I also wonder if they would've recorded VO post Chapter 3 for certain NPCs to address you by your General title? The Inquisitor's specific alignment title gets referenced later, but it's minute.

I heard that there was a different title of some sort for Dark Siders in the ancient past ;) and now he myth has been confirmed!

I would turn my (kind and gentle) Knight to the Dark Side to get this title (I have a bit of a difficulty to maintain a DS character), that is how mutch I like it more than 'Master' :D

I heard that there was a different title of some sort for Dark Siders in the ancient past ;) and now he myth has been confirmed!

I would turn my (kind and gentle) Knight to the Dark Side to get this title (I have a bit of a difficulty to maintain a DS character), that is how mutch I like it more than 'Master' :D

It was never a myth. It was a solid FACT.

And it has been stated and brought up many times over the last couple of years. :D

EDIT:

Top of the video.

Edited by Darth_Wicked