Uprooting the Last Seed Powercell Bug

gsummers

I have tried this quest multiple times now and I cannot get past the part where you have to power up the turret with the power cells. Every time I pick up a powercell, it immediately detonates and kills me instantly. There are no enemies nearby, nothing to damage me. I don't even get the chance to walk anywhere. Immediately upon picking it up, it detonates and kills me. Also, we noticed that even though the shields on the doors remained blue, enemies still spawned randomly in the hallway where we were moving the powercells. They proceeded to attack and one-shot those carrying power cells.

I've submitted a ticket, but would like to know if anyone else has encountered this and if there is anything I can do to fix this other than wait for Bioware to maybe someday sometime look at the quest and see if it needs fixing. In case it matters, I play a Jedi Sage (healing tree specialization)

The same thing happened to me on my Operative, you cant have any healing buffs on you while carrying the power cell. I had my kolto probes on and BOOM, my companion tried to heal me and BOOM. since you're a sage healer the self heal from the bubble could be whats making you explode.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
Awesome!

So the DEV team is aware of this bug and deliberately decided to ignore it for 7 years now...

Less awesome :(

I've done that quest many, many times since the creation of this thread, and have never run into this bug, except if you count when using Force Speed and the like. Either this is a very rare bug that is then likely difficult to reproduce, or the people running into this issue are doing something wrong. Either way, "deliberately decided to ignore" sounds like an extreme misrepresentation of the situation.

Edited by cyrusramsey

I've done that quest many, many times since the creation of this thread, and have never run into this bug, except if you count when using Force Speed and the like. Either this is a very rare bug that is then likely difficult to reproduce, or the people running into this issue are doing something wrong. Either way, "deliberately decided to ignore" sounds like an extreme misrepresentation of the situation.

Good for you.

We (2 players, w/ 2 comps) tried it many times. Either one got killed instantly when picking up a power cell, or the power cells never activated in first place, and sometimes when one of us got killed the whole party was kicked out the instance and we had to fight our way in again.

If that are not major bugs, then I don't know what classifies as a "bug".

And yes, if a known bug is not fixed for years, I call this "deliberately ignored", ymmv.

• 1 year later...
Still a problem in 2022. Definitely ignored by the DEVs, there is literally no other way to take this. It is obvious that if you have anything effect your character then you instantly die. It is just plain stupid that this has not been changed when EVERY other portion of this quest line scales with the number of characters and level.