Sorc Madness Gear Help.

Evilgox

So I'm trying to gear for Madness and I have a couple questions.

What should I try to go for when min/maxing my stats for madness?

Currently my stats when buffed are around 76% surge, 25% crit chance and 6% alacrity.

Also, I was thinking about getting the Stalker's 4 piece set bonus since it seems more useful for Arenas which is what I'm trying to get better at.

Currently I have all resolve Augments and fully Brut gear with the two piece Force Mystic set bonus and 2 piece Force Master set bonus.

Really depends when I play madness I go with all willpower mods when I play the other specs I go with the higher power mods but I notice a huge difference when I use the power mods in madness dps drops down but when I use the will power mods dps goes up and I'm sitting at 3149 willpower without I'm at low 2900 those stats make. Huge difference with dots at least for me

So I'm trying to gear for Madness and I have a couple questions.

What should I try to go for when min/maxing my stats for madness?

Currently my stats when buffed are around 76% surge, 25% crit chance and 6% alacrity.

Also, I was thinking about getting the Stalker's 4 piece set bonus since it seems more useful for Arenas which is what I'm trying to get better at.

Currently I have all resolve Augments and fully Brut gear with the two piece Force Mystic set bonus and 2 piece Force Master set bonus.

I get my 4set piece of Force master gear and 2 set piece of Mystics... I augment a mix of Willpower and Power

I also don't use pvp weapons or off hand... As long as you use 156-162 hilts, mods, enhancements... Bolster will take care of the rest... You should aim to have 1900-1934 expertise...

Surge 75%

Crit will be 22% from willpower and Datacrons/companion bonuses... This is without any Crit equipped... If you add more willpower... Then your Crit will hit 24-25%... Don't equip any Crit... It is a waste

Once you hit Crit of 24-25%... You want to start stacking power Augments

0% Alacrity

Be prepared to swap out any mods or enhancements to get the stats you want

This is a good sticky to get an idea on how bolster can work in your favour and how to min/max your stats... The beginnings a bit old... But skip to the end and work your way back for more up to date info

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7704173#post7704173

I get my 4set piece of Force master gear and 2 set piece of Mystics... I augment a mix of Willpower and Power

I also don't use pvp weapons or off hand... As long as you use 156-162 hilts, mods, enhancements... Bolster will take care of the rest... You should aim to have 1900-1934 expertise...

Surge 75%

Crit will be 22% from willpower and Datacrons/companion bonuses... This is without any Crit equipped... If you add more willpower... Then your Crit will hit 24-25%... Don't equip any Crit... It is a waste

Once you hit Crit of 24-25%... You want to start stacking power Augments

0% Alacrity

Be prepared to swap out any mods or enhancements to get the stats you want

This is a good sticky to get an idea on how bolster can work in your favour and how to min/max your stats... The beginnings a bit old... But skip to the end and work your way back for more up to date info

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7704173#post7704173

hi icy have u test it using pve gear 162 is better than brut mainhand and off hand brut?

Heres my Min/Max'd Sorc for PVP (especially for ranked): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b7504c58-23ac-4722-a34a-a4e9dd3c2def

Basically, you need to have 0 Alacrity, around 150 crit and about 700 Surge rating. When Min/Max'd with Brut gear you should easily have over 1000 power.

So what I basically did was get rid of 2 enhancements that I had with Alacrity and swap them for Surge.

Now my stats look like this

Willpower 3092

Power 893

Crit Rating 163

Surge Rating 720

Alacrity 0

You mention I should easily be at 1000 power so I'm not sure where I'm missing that extra 100+.

Fully buffed my Crit Chance stands at 24.33% and my Crit Mult at 77.01% which seems a bit high.

Edited by Evilgox

hi icy have u test it using pve gear 162 is better than brut mainhand and off hand brut?

Yes...but not with a 162 hilt/barrel... I use a 156 because I can't be bothered doing the op I need to get it... I run with PVE weapons on all my 18 toons... I only pvp and I play Ranked on 5 toons... There is a slight advantage with pve weapons/OH... The loss of 100 expertise or so to gain extra main stats out weighs the small percentage you gain from expertise... This has been proven mathematically by certain people... Look it up in google... It is a small difference I know... But it is still an advantage

Although, I do believe some healers prefer pvp weapons/OH...

Also, depending on the class, implants or ear pieces, they can be PVE too and not lose any expertise, but gain slightly better stats than the pvp ones... Research this before doing it

Read this sticky on gearing and bolster... Start at the end and work your way back... It is a bit out dated at the front... But it does explain how it works in principle

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

Hope that helps

So what I basically did was get rid of 2 enhancements that I had with Alacrity and swap them for Surge.

Now my stats look like this

Willpower 3092

Power 893

Crit Rating 163

Surge Rating 720

Alacrity 0

You mention I should easily be at 1000 power so I'm not sure where I'm missing that extra 100+.

You were correct to get rid of the alacrity enhancements

Fully buffed my Crit Chance stands at 24.33% and my Crit Mult at 77.01% which seems a bit high.

Depending on which implants, ear you chose and wether you are using pvp weapons or PVE... Will determine how much surge and power you have... Also what mix of augments you have will determine your power and Crit... Ie willpower boosts your Crit... So you can use a power enhancement instead of a Crit one... Or I equip a few power augments... Only a few pieces of my gear has the same mods or enhancements they came with... I also swap out some of the mods to the one that has power and will nearly the same...

Best thing to do is to go to the bolster terminal to test it