Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

I would like a dual as well. I'm leveling Corruption, and while it's generally fine, it's also slower than dps. That's the "price" i pay for wanting to play a healer.

My curiousity is....why does it have a be a price to play a class that is desired?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't, this isn't WoW.

Why? Why should I have to choose between a PvE spec and a PvP one? I would like to go seemlessly back and forth between the two (out of combat, of course) so that I can bring the most to the table each time that I play a group activity.

Your logic fails.

Driz

Funny you bring up logic and have yet to respond to any post regarding your lack of it.

Dual spec worked well in WoW when implemented. It worked AMAZINGLY in Rift and there were 4 or 5 specs available in that game, and something like 9 skill trees. The ability to take on multiple roles has been available in games throughout history.

You can pretend dual speccing ruined WoW all you want, but you have 0 evidence for it.

Already confirmed it will be added eventually, so don't bother asking for them to do otherwise

Now the question is, when will it get added?

Let's not forget that Bioware reserves the right at any time to change their mind.. So until it is in the game.. Nothing is confirmed.. I will give you that it is confimed that they are thinking about it.. But like the debates in the beta.. Threads like these will help them decide..

People need to learn to stick with their decisions.. They have the option to pay to change spec, or they can roll another character.. I am rolling two Jedi Knights so I can have a Sentinel and a Guardian tank.. I see no reason why someone else can't do it too..

No to dual speccing.. :cool:

Dual speccing simply is not conducive to creating a community

Dual-specs have no bearing on community. None. Don't bother trying to tell me it does, I've been playing MMOs for over 11 years and have seen the 'community' devolve considerably since I started

Introducing dual-spec will increase the availability of healers and tanks. This has been proven. The whole multi-spec loot rolling issue is pretty much a moot point with companions in the game. Those that will be jerks and roll for all specs will also roll for companions.

LFD DOES cause community issues, which has been proven, by limiting player interaction pre and post-dungeon. The way you have it now at least you have to talk to people to form groups

Your guild was garbage then, sorry. In my guild you apped as a spec and you played that spec. If it was an alt night, a goof-around night, or a boss that had been on farm forever and we could underman it, then sure someone could switch.

If you were pugging then you deserve what you get for relying on a PUG.

Then those people won't get groups, because everyone on their server will know they are bad. I already have a list of "people to avoid" because they are bad at their chosen spec.

Yeah you may want to look at my dates of kills on my toon... so no. lol Amalyth from Premo as my raid leader and co-healer.. we had our top 25 world kills lol... so sadly garbage is far from what I was in. Now... looking back in Play.. Yogg 0 light was hard back in the day,... that and Sunwell. But yeah... immortal had its rough spots but I got my black drake in my tier 7... before they nixed it. None the less... I know very well what I am talking about. Dual specs took people out of rotations and even some play. I watched people leave due to not being needed. It cheapened raiding and end game play as it was as a group and a community.

Without a doubt it altered the need for people in some fashion. Sure bad is bad... however nobody could get better if those people were not chosen due to no need.

Why? Why should I have to choose between a PvE spec and a PvP one? I would like to go seemlessly back and forth between the two (out of combat, of course) so that I can bring the most to the table each time that I play a group activity.

Because there really is no reason to switch back and forth between them. Bioware has created their PvP around the fact that normal PvP models did not allow people specced for PvE to be very useful. You can still bring your tanking/healing spec into a Warzone and be useful.

Edited by Kemosobe

Please don't, this isn't WoW.

You're right, this doesn't have a gazillion suscribers making the devs rich.

Yes to Dual-Specs, there's a reason it's so popular, it's because only a vocal minority dislikes it, while the masses love it.

Power to the masses.

The mere fact that you CAN respec, again, makes your point moot, all that is being asked is a little more convenience for a mechanic that is ALREADY IN THE GAME.

No again, the fact that you can respec is an option in case you made a bad choice.

You guys want to take it to the extreme, remove the cost and not only that but also be able to switch on the fly....

Which ever way you cut it, in a game that permits respeccing at an increasingly prohibitive cost....by design...all you guys are doing is trying to demand your own personal agenda and portraying it as a majority opinion.

fortunately it is not a majority opinion.

Driz

No again, the fact that you can respec is an option in case you made a bad choice.

You guys want to take it to the extreme, remove the cost and not only that but also be able to switch on the fly....

Which ever way you cut it, in a game that permits respeccing at an increasingly prohibitive cost....by design...all you guys are doing is trying to demand your own personal agenda and portraying it as a majority opinion.

fortunately it is not a majority opinion.

Driz

pot>kettle, there is no way to know the majority opinion, the majority dont post on the forums :p

You're right, this doesn't have a gazillion suscribers making the devs rich.

Yes to Dual-Specs, there's a reason it's so popular, it's because only a vocal minority dislikes it, while the masses love it.

Power to the masses.

If you honestly think you are the masses who come here onto the forum saying they need to add mechanics like this, go onto your server and suggest them, I know for a fact that you will get shot down faster than you think. I know, I have done it just to see.

Dual-specs have no bearing on community. None. Don't bother trying to tell me it does, I've been playing MMOs for over 11 years and have seen the 'community' devolve considerably since I started

Introducing dual-spec will increase the availability of healers and tanks. This has been proven. The whole multi-spec loot rolling issue is pretty much a moot point with companions in the game. Those that will be jerks and roll for all specs will also roll for companions.

LFD DOES cause community issues, which has been proven, by limiting player interaction pre and post-dungeon. The way you have it now at least you have to talk to people to form groups

What false?? How do you think it does not affect the community? I assume this is a joke or troll?

Not needing someone because someone else can spec into it? I have to think this is a joke...

It completely affects the community lol.

Because in this game.. There really isn't a PVP spec.. This isn't WOW.. That was one of things that Bioware did.. You are supposed to PVP in your normal spec.. That means if your a tank you go as a tank and you tank the enemy.. You actually get bonuses if you do.. Healers heal, tanks tank, and DPS well, DPS's..

So no.. This game does not need dual spec.. The specifically made the game in such a way that dual speccing was not needed.. :cool:

pot>kettle, there is no way to know the majority opinion, the majority dont post on the forums :p

Yep and the best thing is that it is trackable.

i.e. - maybe 5% of the player base does lol.

So that is at least good in knowing this crap wont go anywhere.

Roll another char if you want a completely different spec. Spoiled I say!

^ This, 10 times over!

If a dual spec feature was available, I'd be lazy and use it. But, I think that's what alts are for. I like the diversity it creates. My sith sorcerer is probably lot different than most others. (much much cooler tho:-D)

From a lvling healer perspecive i do say don't implement it .

Basicly it is not needed for Pve .

Basicly dual specc was created so that Tanks and Healers could Solo but in this game we can actually do just that without a problem and we actually have a nice speed on lvling aswell.

If for PvP i could easily agree to that they do a Pve specc = meaning everything outside BG Specc

And a BG specc basicly everytime you join a BG you have that one specc,.

And if people still will have alot of differnet speccs i say let them pre save 2-3 speccs but still it should cost alot of credits

Edited by Varghjerta

Yeah you may want to look at my dates of kills on my toon... so no. lol Amalyth from Premo as my raid leader and co-healer.. we had our top 25 world kills lol... so sadly garbage is far from what I was in. Now... looking back in Play.. Yogg 0 light was hard back in the day,... that and Sunwell. But yeah... immortal had its rough spots but I got my black drake in my tier 7... before they nixed it. None the less... I know very well what I am talking about. Dual specs took people out of rotations and even some play. I watched people leave due to not being needed. It cheapened raiding and end game play as it was as a group and a community.

Without a doubt it altered the need for people in some fashion. Sure bad is bad... however nobody could get better if those people were not chosen due to no need.

You talking about different things. The top 100 wold guilds operate very differently from the majority. They have huge list of people sitting out for best compositions, i mean ffs wordl first hardmode nefarion was what 8 feral druids? Because that is what they usually have as their dps right?

For the rest of the guild they want to reduce wait list. So instead of having 2 dps/2 tank/2 healers on watign list to go from 3 tank fight to a 1 tank fight, they can have tank switch to dps. That is a GOOD thing for most guilds, the fact that someone in top 100 guilds got worse because he now had to play 2 spec ... doubt that bothers anyone.

Assuming you aren't completely making up nonsense, a top-25 guild would only cut people because they were already dead weight but were among the best they could get on their server.

I was in a server-first guild, US top 100, and we would only even consider having someone switch specs if we had a hole to fill, regardless of whether or not there was currently a body in that position.

Some top-25 world guilds kept 100 man rosters to work around similar problems, as I am sure you are aware. Your guild was cutting weight and you are just too naive to realize it.

BioWare has confirmed that dual-speccing will not allow changing ACs

I have to wonder how many people are onbecting to dual-spec because they think dual-spec = dual-AC

Either that or they win the battle on dual speccing and then they think they can win the battle on dual AC.. That is exactly what happened in the beta.. Bioware said they would add Dual speccing and people immediately started asking for dual AC..

That alone tells me that we shouldn't have dual speccing.. :cool:

What false?? How do you think it does not affect the community? I assume this is a joke or troll?

Not needing someone because someone else can spec into it? I have to think this is a joke...

So your entire argument is based on the fact that healers and tanks (by the way, I play tanks in EVERY MMO I play) want to feel special?

Sorry, that's like a drug company limiting production of a needed drug to keep costs high. There's a reason why generics exist, and the same thing goes for dual-specs... devs know that tank/healer availability will be a limiting factor and do not want that, ever. Peeving off the majority (DPS) by causing them to have issues finding groups because the minority (healers/tanks) want to feel special is not a wise decision

I want to heal as an Operative and PVP as an Operative, but not heal in PVP.

I don't see the fun in playing the exact same AC twice when part of the value of the game is in trying new ACs/storylines.

This is patently false. Dual speccing removed some basic problems from WoW. Namely, finding groups for instances before max-level, and finding competent tanks/healers in early max-level instances before it was a gear-induced steamroll.

I have still yet to see a single viable argument against the inclusion of dual speccing.

Because you don't want to see it. Clearly, no one who disagrees with you is ever going to give you a single viable argument against the incluse of dual speccing that you will agree with.

Your opinions are exactly that, opinions. Stop declaring that they are some kind of fact.

Not really, WoW never had a community worth talking about. None that I saw at least.

Anarchy online, now there was a community, but then again there were some classes that really couldnt solo well, your trade skills came from the same finite pool of points as your combat skills, meaning going all in on trade skills would gimp you in combat. there were VERY different classes (tons) with a HUGE variety of buffs that were needed and were frequently tipped for.

I remember camping my Metaphyisist out by brontoburger in omni ent selling buffs for tips.

All I know is, I had alot more fun leveling character and doing the leveling group content after Dual Spec came out. After BC was released everyone pretty much skipped over all the lower level instances before dual spec was released.

Edited by Basiliscus