Wow, going to fix Conquests?

siegeshot

Just my opinion, but why would they waist money on fixing this when most players don't even have access to it? There are only a handful of Guilds on my server that even have flagships.

On my server there are quite a few guilds with ship - enough that on a week with multiple planets there will be guilds in all spots.

Of course the vast majority don't even have a million points yet this week, so they have no chance of actually winning a planet, nor do they have much if anything unlocked on their ships.

Interestingly enough, the few mega guilds on my server NEVER end up on the same planet each week challenging each other.

Also interesting is that if one of them is even slightly challenged, you can watch them put up several million points in a few hours while the other mega guilds will almost stop earning points - almost like the few mega guilds are really just the same players with different guild names (a /who seems to suggest the same - the count goes way up on the guild being challenged while going down on the others).

Edited by DawnAskham

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people really complaining about PvP again? PvP wasn't even overpowered to begin with and post change its almost laughable if you don't have a planetary bonus for it.

Agreed. They should have left it where it was or they need to come up with another system. I strongly believe that tying points to medals is the only way to ensure you award participation, not just queuing. 250 pts to enter, 25 pts per medal (no cap), 250 more for a win. That's the best way to award points in PvP imo.

I don't know, I think PvP, GSF and PvE are fairly balanced conquest wise at the moment.

I agree that GSF is fine, but I completely disagree on PvP and PvE. PvE missions should be 100% repeatable like they were - the points rewarded were the issue, not the repeatability. I'm not saying that running FE and BoI were "fun", but the way we could drop people in and out of groups all night was something I absolutely loved. Since that was removed, PvE excitement has also decreased. PvP is a joke now. Spending 30 minutes to lose a WZ for just 250 points is just ridiculously low. See my post above for my suggestion on how to improve PvP.

Edited by TUXs

I've done "just PvP" on a toon dedicated to PvP and getting the 35k goal is more time consuming than anything else I've done, including grinding out Balmorra heroics in week 1.

Meanwhile, I can queue up 25 War Supplies and hit the personal goal while offline, spending only a few hours grinding out the necessary mats while I am online to get the 600 (or 900) mats needed.

While mat gathering can be time consuming, it's becoming readily apparent that players are learning the places mats can be quickly and easily gathered.