Question about the fleets

Kumando

So i was under impression that the capital worlds (Corruscant and Dromund Kass) were like stormwind and orgrimar, but i think the fleets are more like it dont you agree? Dromund Kass is like the barrens, am i right?

Leveling zone is like the barrens? Quest/instance/travel hub is like a capital city?!

STOP THE PRESSES!

So i was under impression that the capital worlds (Corruscant and Dromund Kass) were like stormwind and orgrimar, but i think the fleets are more like it dont you agree? Dromund Kass is like the barrens, am i right?

There is not much to do there once you're done with the planet. On the other hand the fleet has all you need in the same place, various vendors, access to flashpoints, etc. It makes sense to be the social hub.

Edited by demotivator

Yeah, that is by design. The capital worlds weren't really meant to be the focal points, just a pitstop. Vaiken spaceport and Carrick Station are where you'll find most people hanging out. That is until they introduce Guild Ships.

Oh and how is Dromund Kass an iconic place in the Star Wars universe? Its only appearance before this was in Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Edited by Bionixx

Oh and how is Dromund Kass an iconic place in the Star Wars universe? Its only appearance before this was in Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

It looks a lot more iconic than the collection of corridors and hangar bays that is the Republic Fleet. Not sure if the Sith counterpart is any more impressive.

It looks a lot more iconic than the collection of corridors and hangar bays that is the Republic Fleet. Not sure if the Sith counterpart is any more impressive.

Sith counterpart is the Republic Fleet ship they commandeered in the intro video so... It's exactly the same.

Everyone hung out in the same place in Orgrimmar and Stormwind and Ironforge anyway -- outside the bank, near the entrance, and as close to the flight path as possible. And they all complained about how hard it was getting around the city and why Orgrimmar sucked because it was shaped all weird or Stormwind wasn't a circle or Ironforge was a circle but was too BIG of a circle.

The stations are efficient.