Please give each Huttball map it's own chance to pop

Master-Nala

When the Quesh Huttball map was created, the devs changed it so that the game rolled to see what map you got this way:

Huttball (then rolled Quesh or original)

Voidstar

Alderaan

Novare

Ancient Hypergates

Arenas (then rolled for which one)

The problem with this, is that it's much rarer now to get the original Huttball map, which is a favorite of a lot of players. Please give it its own chance to pop. Or give Huttball in general a larger than average chance to pop.

/signed

The original huttball is a masterpiece of a warzone that will be remembered for years after the game eventually shuts down, and other MMO's will try to emulate it. Queshball is a horrendous pile of garbage that should be removed from the game. Cutting our chances of getting one and splitting the odds with the other is frustrating.

Edited by LaVall

nothing against hb. I love the original map, but the second one is pretty silly. there's no way to exit spawn without getting leaped to. on the original map, only the unaware players got leaped to from carriers (use the ramps for los). on the new ,map, there's literally no way to drop your toon into play without presenting a leap target right in front of the endzone. not a fan of the pipes either, but...that's not a cut and dry issue the way the spawn thing is, imo.

I've had almost nothing but huttball in the past 15 matches or so. I think I've probably had about 8 / 15 matches were either regular huttball or quesh (mostly quesh). Not that I'm necessarily complaining. I actually kind of like all of them, just get a little tired of doing the same thing so often.

When the Quesh Huttball map was created, the devs changed it so that the game rolled to see what map you got this way:

Huttball (then rolled Quesh or original)

Voidstar

Alderaan

Novare

Ancient Hypergates

Arenas (then rolled for which one)

The problem with this, is that it's much rarer now to get the original Huttball map, which is a favorite of a lot of players. Please give it its own chance to pop. Or give Huttball in general a larger than average chance to pop.

I didn't realise this. You are exactly right each huttball map should be separate.

I love it when the devs say, "oh we can't let you choose which WZ you wanna play because every WZ must be evenly played". Yeah right, evenly played, gimmi a f@#$% brake. That's the main problem with SWTOR, it has a control freak dev team and they stick their nose into everything. We cant play this game we are ordered to do things like it or not.

Y strangely I seem to get hypergate more than anything. Maybe I just remember it coz I hate it so much

lol - SWTOR has the strangest random generator in gaming. ppl regularly get pulled into loops of the same WZ or two WZs or the same arena over and over again. I will say that the tedious queshball map does pop relatively infrequently, and I'm glad for that.

I love it when the devs say, "oh we can't let you choose which WZ you wanna play because every WZ must be evenly played". Yeah right, evenly played, gimmi a f@#$% brake. That's the main problem with SWTOR, it has a control freak dev team and they stick their nose into everything. We cant play this game we are ordered to do things like it or not.

Agreed... Even if they want to have every WZ played, so they don't feel like they wasted their time developing that map... There are was to encourage people to play them... WoW does or did this by making a certain map a weekly or daily bonus or gave you a bonus for playing in a random queue

The pvp community could defiantly use some extra quests/dailies... Like the PVE community who can play a heap of daily Flash points

Imagine 4 queues for pvp...

Arena

Hutt Ball (bring on a Hutt ball league)

War Zone (standard ones)

Random

Give a daily or dailies for playing each one. Give a bonus for playing "x" amount of Randoms. Make a weekly based on completing a certain amount of each. Have a bonus or "special weekly" WZ

There is the carrot... Now for the stick... If you pop a Random or into any match and rage quit then you get a time out from queuing again... WoW is or was 20mins I believe?

Also having a separate queue for arena would prepare those people who want to do ranked... It would allow them to practice consistently in them to hone their skills and tactics... As it is, you could theoretically pvp every day for a week and not pop one arena... That certainly won't prepare people for ranked arena

There are lots of solutions to encourage people to play all the maps and still give people the opportunity to play the ones they want to or have time for... Not every one likes "x" WZ, but they pop 5 in a row, the queue time is 10-15 mins and they have no option but to play it if they want to pvp... Especially if they have limited game time

If the queue time is 10 mins or longer and you keep popping the same one... Then the system is certainly broken some where and people aren't playing every map

I've played pvp 6 hours straight, nearly instant pops and not got one Hutt ball... But heaps of Nova Coast, Arena and Pylons... And little Civil War...

I know there are some other great ideas and ways to implement separate queues... Just wish the Devs would look after the pvp community as much as the PVE one

Lucky enough for us you are not the one making the calls. I wouldnt want to play that game of yours where it would take hours to get my voidstar pop because out of the 10-ish people queueing during mid day only 2 seems to want to do it too.

Your system is so unbelievably flawed that its hilarious.

Sure ........ if there are enough people queueing for warzones it might work. But there just aren't. And don't bs me with the old chicken and the egg excuse plz.

More ontopic:

Upping the chance to get hutball will mean a lot more hutbal matches. I know there are many haters on any variant of hutball so I'm not sure if it would be fair. With this mentality you should give any arena a queue for its own too.

Edited by fire-breath

Who was here at launch when Imps complained about only getting Huttball and Pubs whined about never having it pop? That was great. I did admittidly get tired of Huttball during that time. I remember the first time I got Voidstar after non-stop Huttball hype, it was a miracle. But then they made every wz able to play versus the same faction, and immediately I missed my constant Huttball queues.

I find it funny, though, that the only wz's that I like are the original three. I get a "meh" feeling every time Novare or Hypergates pops up. And ironically, I get those two most often.

Who was here at launch when Imps complained about only getting Huttball and Pubs whined about never having it pop? That was great. I did admittidly get tired of Huttball during that time. I remember the first time I got Voidstar after non-stop Huttball hype, it was a miracle. But then they made every wz able to play versus the same faction, and immediately I missed my constant Huttball queues.

I find it funny, though, that the only wz's that I like are the original three. I get a "meh" feeling every time Novare or Hypergates pops up. And ironically, I get those two most often.

Novaare imo is a pretty solid map. I enjoy playing it. But ya outside of that all the new maps have been pretty much trash. The last decent map we got was before the old team got canned and replaced with the f2p team.