Guild Strongholds

DreadtechSavant

If you run two guilds 1 republic and 1 imperial, can you have a guild stronghold for each faction? the guilds I'm in on one sever is run by the same person. Have been told by GM that the republic side cannot have a stronghold because he/she already has an imp one. Is this right?

As far as I know a lot of guilds have sister guilds on the other side, so does that mean that for them & there guilds they cannot have guild strongholds & ships for both. That kinda sucks. Can anyone tell me how & what those guilds have done about this. Is it a case of you have to give one guild away or just do with out?

First, for any guild to have a stronghold they need to have a guild bank and enough credits in the guild bank to purchase the stronghold. The character who is the guild master needs to go to kiosk for the particular stronghold they want for the guild to purchase it. A guild can only have one active stronghold.

That done, if he goes to the kiosk and does not have the option to purchase it then that would most likely be the answer to the question. That doesn't seem right though and I would report it as a bug anyway, on the forums and in game.

He might try passing leadership temporarily to someone he trusts and have that person make the purchase and pass leadership back.

Also he might try deactivating the stronghold for the imp guild but that will un-decorate the place and may leave him stuck with a useless stronghold.

Edited by Mozepy

OK, Well I have been talking to the NEW gm and its like this, the guild already has a guild stronghold, but the guild has passed from player to player in the last month. The one who has it now and only took over in the last day or two who recruited me had an imperial guild as well. It seems that now that this new guildmaster cannot access the guild on the republic side because she has reached her guild stronghold limit. So it does seem that only 1 guild stronghold per sever.

Anyway according to the GM she has a second sub and has said will make a new character and once levelled up to 15 will transfer the guild to that account. Time will see if this will fix the problem.

Thank you for your reply.

PS. Can confirm guild does have guild bank with 3 tabs open.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

This sounds more like a bug or user error than as-designed.

the guild already has a guild stronghold, but the guild has passed from player to player in the last month.

First off: there is zero connection between Guilds between Republic and Imperial factions. So a Guild Stronghold for Republic side should have zero connection or overlap or conflict with an Imperial Guild.

The one who has it now and only took over in the last day or two who recruited me had an imperial guild as well. It seems that now that this new guildmaster cannot access the guild on the republic side because she has reached her guild stronghold limit. So it does seem that only 1 guild stronghold per sever. .

I've bolded the part that jumped out at me, as a message I've seen recently as a Guildmaster dealing with Strongholds: I saw it when my Republic Guild already had an existing Stronghold, and I tried to buy a second Republic Guild Stronghold

When you say "cannot access the Guild on the Republic side", it makes me think that maybe she's trying to buy one when the Guild already has one? Say, buy one on Tatooine when the Guild Stronghold exists on Coruscant?

Because 'access', otherwse, is via the Strongholds interface in the GUI, where you select (Guild) instead of (Personal) and then (Travel) just like you would to a Personal stronghold. I can't even imagine why one would get a "reached stronghold limit" error trying to travel to a Stronghold available there in the list.

The only other thing I can even remotely think of is a display bug I've seen with a Guild that has both a Stronghold and a Guild Ship, where sometimes one or the other one of them doesn't show under (Guild), meaning the toon can't Travel to it. But you don't mention if your Guild has a ship, or whether or not the Guildmaster can even see the Stronghold under her (Guild) display.

(There's also a reported bug where at least one Guild has 'lost' their Guild ship, but that doesn't seem relevant to a Guild Stronghold only).

Basically, I think there's probably more going on here or a terminology usage that is clouding the issue. Hopefully this comment will help identify and clarify what's going on.

Its an access issue, when she tried to buy one it say stronghold limit reached. because it seems the guild already has one. Right but when she or other guild member try to go to the guild stronghold, its not shown as being there via the Strongholds interface in the GUI.

Ok she and now me along with the few still active members (43 but less than 10 active) are assuming its because she has an imperial guild. The GM before her who is still an active player said he could go to stronghold before he gave away. Only found this out today.

Ticket, was sent but by new GM but as of yet no reply, but as I said only a few days into the issue.

Has anyone got two guild strongholds on one sever? if so please post at least we will know if its a bug or if 1 guild SH per sever is indeed the limit.

OK its not really my problem I know, I could just leave but Moondragon has done so much for the imperial guild in the short time she has been the GM, when I found out she had been given a Republic guild I wanted to show my support by becoming a member.

PS, Was asked above, So answer is, no guilds do not have ships yet, and you are right my terminology is poor as is my English.

Has anyone got two guild strongholds on one sever? if so please post at least we will know if its a bug or if 1 guild SH per sever is indeed the limit.

There is no such thing as two Guild Strongholds in the same faction.

If the Guild Stronghold exists and she can't access it, that sounds like a bug with the interface.

Can any other Guild member in the Republic guild see the existing Guild Stronghold in their Stronghold menu? Can they travel to it?

Edited by AlixMV

Ok, let me try to explain what I meant by two guilds on one sever.

I mean one account holder (or subscriber if you prefer) have a imperial character have a imperial guild stronghold & another character same account have one of there republic characters have a republic guild stronghold. There for 2 guilds two different characters but same account (subscriber) on different factions. So the question is I guess, can that one account holder have a guild stronghold on two different characters, different factions on one sever?

Not sure how else to put that.

Anyway to answer your questions none of the republic characters can access the republic guild stronghold and the guildmaster cannot buy one has its says stronghold limit reached.

Again thank you for your reply and patience in regard to my poor explanations

I mean one account holder (or subscriber if you prefer) have a imperial character have a imperial guild stronghold & another character same account have one of there republic characters have a republic guild. There for 2 guilds two different characters but same account (subscriber) on different factions. So the question is I guess, can that one account holder have a guild stronghold on two different characters, different factions on one sever?

Since the Guild's are distinct between factions, I can't think of a single reason why this would be an issue.

I have the ability to test this out (I'm a GM for a Guild on both Republic and Imperial side on my server), so I'll do that later today and get back to you.

Anyway to answer your questions none of the republic characters can access the republic guild stronghold and the guildmaster cannot buy one has its says stronghold limit reached.

That sounds like a bug then, and the GM should file a Problem Report in game about it.

Just wanted to update:

1. The Republic Guild I'm GM for already has/had a Guild Stronghold prior to this test.
  2. I'm also GM of an Imperial Guild. I was able to successfully purchase a Guild for them this afternoon.

So, to be clear: I have two toons, one in each faction, each the GM of a Guild in that faction, and I was able to purchase a "second" Guild Stronghold in the opposite faction.

It's definitely not an account or Legacy thing.

If I had to guess, it may have to do something with how the Guildmaster role has been shuffled around. Maybe something is broken in ownership transfer if the GM title is passed to a different toon, idk.

I think she should continue following up with the Problem Ticket, have her make sure it hasn't been closed out (if she submitted it as a Bug Report, there's a good chance it was), have her open a new ticket if it was closed out, and/or have her submit her own forum post in the Bug forum with the in-game ticket #. Tait seems pretty good about keeping an eye on things there.

I have a question.

(1) Is the guild leader trying to purchase a guild stronghold on one character?

If so, that might be the problem.

Normally you have a republic toon for the republic guild and then an imperial toon for the imperial guild.

If she is using one toon to purchase both guilds that is the problem. She needs to use her republic toon for the republic guild and her imperial toon for the imperial guild.

Not sure this is what is happening.

I can confirm as well that you CAN have an imperial guild stronghold and republic guild stronghold on the same account.

I'm the GM of Storm Squadron (Imperial on Jung Ma), we have a Guild Flagship and a Guild Stronghold on DK. I'm also the GM of our sister guild on the republic side, Saber Squadron, where we have a Guild Stronghold on Coruscant but no flagship yet (saving credits for it). We have had no difficulty accessing either stronghold or the flagship from the respective faction.

Well MD got a response from Bio that's said they have had several similar reports about strongholds and ships and it is under investigation, or something to that effect.

It seems that this sometimes happens when guilds change hands from player to player. MD apparently was not the founder of either of the guilds and the republic ones changed hands several times before MD took over.

Guess there not much else to be said on this other than for her to send another ticket in a week or so asking for an update..

Again, thank you all you were very helpful.

:ph_thank_you:

Well been in hospital for a few days but the guild stronghold is there now, not sure when it was fixed but probably with the last update.

Sad thing is we lost 20 members so now gone below the 10% XP bonus on the republic side. The lose of the GSH was probably not the reason for losing the members but sure did not help.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Its an access issue, when she tried to buy one it say stronghold limit reached. because it seems the guild already has one. Right but when she or other guild member try to go to the guild stronghold, its not shown as being there via the Strongholds interface in the GUI.

Ok she and now me along with the few still active members (43 but less than 10 active) are assuming its because she has an imperial guild. The GM before her who is still an active player said he could go to stronghold before he gave away. Only found this out today.

Ticket, was sent but by new GM but as of yet no reply, but as I said only a few days into the issue.

OK its not really my problem I know, I could just leave but Moondragon has done so much for the imperial guild in the short time she has been the GM, when I found out she had been given a Republic guild I wanted to show my support by becoming a member.

PS, Was asked above, So answer is, no guilds do not have ships yet, and you are right my terminology is poor as is my English.

I am having the exact same problem...The Guild SH was working in the morning and disappeared in the afternoon...Blank on GUI...