What kind of profit can I do end game with Biochem?

Kogarvandalin

As a Biochem. What can I sell on the GTN for profit? And what price min should I charge to make that profit?

Backstory:

I have my first character who is also my main who went Biochem and the required classes. This has been great for his use, but seems to be very limited for making money.

I have alt's that have taken slicing and seem to make a pretty penny selling the one time use mission schematics.

I am starting to regret taking Biochem now that my character no longer has anything to craft. I'm regretting it because I find it best not to send my companions on missions. Which makes me regret having any other companions beside Khem.

Without having any kind of details or experience to back this up, I THINK that the easiest way to make credits is through crafting the Prototype Nano-Infused stims. Those are always in demand, and the mats aren't hard to get for a Biochem with Bioanalysis.

I have a Biochem'er myself though, who has mostly been supplying my alts up till this point. Would love to hear from more experienced crafters.

I see that a stack of 10 sells for about 100k. Is that profitable with the cost to send people on missions?

That is a loaded question and one not easy to answer because servers vary.

I know that on my server, if I use "self-acquired" materials (gathering nodes and running missions), stims and adrenals are profitable down to 5k each (50k for a stack of 10; but at that level its just barely profitable). So at 10k each that's significantly profitable.

BUT, how much would the materials to craft those stims and adrenals sell for on the GTN as raw materials?

That is a loaded question and one not easy to answer because servers vary.

I know that on my server, if I use "self-acquired" materials (gathering nodes and running missions), stims and adrenals are profitable down to 5k each (50k for a stack of 10; but at that level its just barely profitable). So at 10k each that's significantly profitable.

BUT, how much would the materials to craft those stims and adrenals sell for on the GTN as raw materials?

Good question no idea.

Good question no idea.

Because of conquest mats are selling roughly for 900-1200 per piece.

Just make a spreadsheet where you input how much your costing price is (meaning price per crewskill mission divided by the average gains). This should be the bare minimum to sell your stuff for unless you want to calculate crits into account.

2nd step is to look at GTN before placing your stuff online. If its better to sell mats just sell the mats. On the other hand its sometimes faster to sell the endproduct. Pre conquest I could sell the mats for augmentkits for more money than the kits but the kits normally sell within a few minutes while some mats return to me after they expired.

Because of conquest mats are selling roughly for 900-1200 per piece.

Just make a spreadsheet where you input how much your costing price is (meaning price per crewskill mission divided by the average gains). This should be the bare minimum to sell your stuff for unless you want to calculate crits into account.

Maybe it is just me, but spreadsheets seem too much like work. When I start tracking my crew skill data in spreadsheets I burn out FAST. Quick/simple math is sufficient:

• grade 9 gathering materials run about 450 credits each to acquire.
  • grade 9 mission purple materials run about 5000 credits each to acquire.

The question is how much is your time worth to you? How much do you want to "charge" others for taking the time to run missions that they either do not have the time or patience to run themselves? That is what you are doing when you sell materials.

2nd step is to look at GTN before placing your stuff online. If its better to sell mats just sell the mats. On the other hand its sometimes faster to sell the endproduct. Pre conquest I could sell the mats for augmentkits for more money than the kits but the kits normally sell within a few minutes while some mats return to me after they expired.

This is a very good point. It is fairly common for me to sell finished products within minutes, whereas materials can take much longer. In addition, over the long haul, crafted goods DO generate more profit than materials. One just has to have the patience and persistence to wait.

I would also note the purple's often aren't even the most expensive part usually of crafting top end blue biochem - it's greens and blue's you need that usually add up to make the cost more prohibitive if the sell price is low.

Generally as a rough guide if anything is going for over 7-8K it will be slightly more profitable than selling the mats