Length of Duel-Sabers (Saber-Staffs) from the CM

arunav

I understand the desire for variety in weapons amongst players. In this regard, having some duel-sabers (those used by shadows/assassins, some companions) be lengthy makes sense.

But I am confused as to why most (perhaps almost all?) of those released from the CM are gigantic and don't scale back to a reasonable size when on the hip, like the ones that drop in-game.

There are some great looking duel-sabers, but they often hang down below a characters knees when not in use. I find I don't use any of them as a consequence.

Is it much more difficult to code them the way in-game drops are, so the sabers aren't so long when not in active use? Why change the basic approach followed in the rest of the game?

Edited by arunav

I understand the desire for variety in weapons amongst players. In this regard, having some duel-sabers (those used by shadows/assassins, some companions) be lengthy makes sense.

But I am confused as to why most (perhaps almost all?) of those released from the CM are gigantic and don't scale back to a reasonable size when on the hip, like the ones that drop in-game.

There are some great looking duel-sabers, but they often hang down below a characters knees when not in use. I find I don't use any of them as a consequence.

Is it much more difficult to code them the way in-game drops are, so the sabers aren't so long when not in active use? Why change the basic approach followed in the rest of the game?

I could crack a joke but I shall resist the urge. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Give into it! Do not resist the pull. Allow the lightsaber to lengthen in your grip as you grasp it firmly. EXPLODE! with passion as you tell your joke. :rak_03:

And I tried to word the OP to avoid it turning into this. I guess I failed... badly. :D

And I tried to word the OP to avoid it turning into this. I guess I failed... badly. :D

I'm sorry for derailing. The knee sentence was the achilles heel of your post lol. I'll stay on topic! :D I promise this is on topic!

It would be nice if when the shaft of the lightsaber wasn't in use that it would stay small. Maybe when it detected motion nearby or sensed excitement or danger in the wielder it could instinctively open up before fully igniting. Kind of like an aware weapon that grows ere... umm. Easy to walk around with should be the goal, but hard when in combat.

Edited by Rasen