Why can't I buy a mount from the cartel market?

C-Rae

I want to get a specific mount from the cartel market and I have enough coins. But it tells me I can buy it as a gift, but I won't be able to use it myself, but it doesn't explain what is restricting me. Any ideas? I'm a subscriber so there shouldn't be a hinderance there. Any help would be appreciated. And if this thread isn't in the right place, forgive me, I don't actually go on forums all that often.

AND you need to have speeder I trained or bought.

I don't think you need prerequisites to purchase. But he/she will surely need the Speeder training after the purchase. I think the problem is he/she can't buy the item from the Cartel Market which as far as I know doesn't restrict you from buying anything no matter your level. Or having the prerequisites to ride the vehicle. Not 100% sure though.

Do you perhaps have it already unlocked on the toon you're trying to buy it on? ("You already own this item or do not meet a restriction, but may purchase it as a gift.") If that's not the case, it leaves the level 10 requirement as possible reason. If that doesn't apply, either, I'd opt for opening a ticket.

Mounts directly purchased from CM also come with courtesy speeder piloting level 1, so missing training is likely not the reason.

Are we talking about the "yellow warning triangle"? That usually means that you cannot use the specific thing (like because you lack the proficiency to use it in case of weapons or speeder piloting in case of mounts), ro that you already have that thing unlocked.

I'm level 53 on one toon and on the other I'm 55. I get the yellow triangle when I try to buy. I've got all the speeder training and if it's unlocked, I can't find it anywhere. I know it's a stupid, superficial perk, but I want it. I have the money, I'm a subscriber. I want my lizard mount dammit! :)

Are you sure you do not already have the mount unlocked or something like that? Otherwise, I see no reason why it should warn you from buying it.

I would suggest trying to buy it, and if you cannot use it for some strange reason, contact Support about it and raise hell about it.

Also, the speeder training can be viewed under Abilities (General or Base Class, I think)

Edited by Aries_cz

Sounds like you need to ask Customer Support why you can't buy it. No one here is going to be able to accurately answer that question if you have sufficient cartel coins and sufficient level and speeder training for the mount.

To my knowledge the triangle is there because you already have learned speeder piloting I. It's part of the item you buy and therefore it warns you that you already own the item. As long as you don't already own the mount I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to use it once you've bought it.