Queue Synching Against Rules or Clever Dodging?

JourrnoRush

I have an imperial character that has unfortunately became my main for ranked pvp. Not because I suck on my sage, but because I have better teammates when I'm on my sorc.

However, I've noticed a good portion of games will be IMP vs IMP. Then out of nowhere a pub deathsquad will come (made of the IMPs alts or mains and ALWAYS the same four).

Essentially this is a queue synch, players see "oh hey its only imp vs imp, lets all queue together on pub side and we will be on the same team"

Now, i'm not gonna QQ because now when I see these four players log off I just sit out a match or two and /tell what happened.

Illegal or clever?

It is far from against the rules, or clever dodging.

It has to do with one side is over stuffed and the other isn't so it lends itself to sync Qing. It has nothing to do with match making, or any of the other **** these forums seem to rage about. The real issue at fault here is the majority of the community in this game is toxic to its own gaming well-being and lends itself to this level of A-hattery.(sadly quite unfortunate but its the truth.)

for the most part, everyone, imp or pub, if they are queueing, are queue synicing with friends and guildies. Everyone just wants to ensure that they have a fighting chance, because if you think the other side isn't doing it, you're smoking something.

And typically, at least in season 1, it wasn't just 4 people syncing, they had entire ops teams queueing at the same time. Thus ensuring that most would be queued together.

Against ToS? cheating? dodging? More using the mechanics of the game to their advantage. And IMO, alls fair here for the simple reason that your ranked ranking isn't about your own performance or numbers or skillz, it's dependent on the 3 other people who you get queued with. That's really kind of messed up. Because can be an insanely good pvper and have a terribad ranking all because of who you get on your team.

It It has nothing to do with match making, or any of the other **** these forums seem to rage about. The real issue at fault here is the majority of the community in this game is toxic to its own gaming well-being and lends itself to this level of A-hattery.(sadly quite unfortunate but its the truth.)

you do realize that mercs and mandos are grouped together on the leader boards, right? they are treated the same, but the advantages/disadvantages of being on one faction or the other are very real. that's a matchmaking issue. x-faction queues resolves the issue 100%.

Cross faction matchmaking would be a great fix to a lot of issues. Of course there would be that "super group" that happens, but for the most part it would be RNG and really interesting matches.

Considering the arena is not a "faction based warzone" it would not be lore breaking, plus which jedi fights in arenas for money and glory anyways.

/RP off

I think cross faction matchmaking is more realistic versus cross server.

indeed. but it only helps solo rated. grp would still be pissing in the wind.

Still, it says more that there are only 2-5 teams on a server. Those are the "best." IMO. They are the reason that many don't do group ranked.

It is debatable if group and solo should get separate rewards, because I know certain groups will never change their composition. Which is fine, but they can't cry when nobody wants to play them. They are top dogs, which is an honor in itself.

However, just because these four players are the best doesn't mean they should be entitled to something that most people can't get. Hence solo ranked.

The whole process is debatable for making these two equal, but unfortunately will never happen imo

Doing that is not clever or against the rules, it's just lame. And I don't know how long you've been playing this game for, but lame is pretty much the status quo so it isn't going away any time soon.

At the same time, I think I've seen "those people" you are talking about in plenty of matches against each other while on imp side, so it's not like it works every time for them. They are just always queueing solo ranked so they are bound to get on the same team a lot.

Edited by Jimmajamma

University of Coruscant? They are the king and queens of hand holding in solo q synching, so wouldn't be surprised if that is what started this thread. I do give Kanaba credit for actually trying to get Team ranked going by constantly advertising for it, though.

Queue synching is not itself against the rules. I do like to call out those that rely on queue synching., but that doesn't mean they are breaking the rules, just shows who they are as a person.

What should be against the rules is the griefing of /stuck and purposely throwing ranked matches, by either satnding still and doing something silly or quitting.

Edited by undiess

I'd rather have cross server or a server merger.

Why cross faction solves more issues. Namely the fact that right now ratings have different values for different factions. On my server having a high rating on a pub means very little compared to having a high rating on a imp. On the other hand getting pops pubside pretty much never happens unless you are queue synching, whereas impside gets pops almost every evening.

Cross faction would solve both of those and increase the pop rate.

Why cross faction solves more issues. Namely the fact that right now ratings have different values for different factions. On my server having a high rating on a pub means very little compared to having a high rating on a imp. On the other hand getting pops pubside pretty much never happens unless you are queue synching, whereas impside gets pops almost every evening.

not really sure why that is. we all have mirror toons. I say this even though I haven't even tried to play my mando. but I'm lazay as F**k and don't wanna respec from heals or pass over gear to the VG. lol

It doesn't solve more issues. You're still pulling from a single server with small number of people queuing. Cross server would fix pretty much everything. Kinda hard to queue sync when the match is queueing players from 8 different servers. Also queue pops would be good for both sides given that, again, the matches would be pulling players from 8 different servers.

Depending on the time of day, you don't even have to sync. Pops are so few and far between that guild players queuing near the same time will find themselves in a group together.

In unranked, our guild has PvP days where we group in two and three man groups and without trying often end up with 4 to 6 players in the same match. Sometimes we are on opposite sides, sometimes the same. If ranked is popping slower, you are bound to get the same people over and over even without syncing.

Depending on the time of day, you don't even have to sync. Pops are so few and far between that guild players queuing near the same time will find themselves in a group together.

In unranked, our guild has PvP days where we group in two and three man groups and without trying often end up with 4 to 6 players in the same match. Sometimes we are on opposite sides, sometimes the same. If ranked is popping slower, you are bound to get the same people over and over even without syncing.

Thus why we need cross servers, or BW simply just need to merge everything into a single server.

It doesn't solve more issues. You're still pulling from a single server with small number of people queuing. Cross server would fix pretty much everything. Kinda hard to queue sync when the match is queueing players from 8 different servers. Also queue pops would be good for both sides given that, again, the matches would be pulling players from 8 different servers.

IF the only criteria you are running on is pop rates then yes cross server would yield more pop rates than cross faction.

However you still have the issue with ratings meaning different things depending on faction. Additionally x-server has drawbacks while x-faction does not have any.

With x-server

- You will have ping issues

- With everything pooled together, all remaining player accountability goes out the window since you will likely never see any one player more than once.

IF the only criteria you are running on is pop rates then yes cross server would yield more pop rates than cross faction.

However you still have the issue with ratings meaning different things depending on faction. Additionally x-server has drawbacks while x-faction does not have any.

important part in bold. if you look at the leader board, it's crystal clear that the system considers mirror classes the same. however, it's a lot easier to raise rating on pub side (my server) b/c so few pubs ever queue that you can hand pick your team and queue. meanwhile, the mirror class on the other side is at the full mercy of RNG matchmaking (which is something that everybody is supposed to be subject to). since the pub is not subject to such RNG, the value of his rating is inflated.

I would rather ppl please stop pushing for x-server. it's NEVER going to happen. BW wasn't even silent on it. they gave a hard no. hard pass. they couldn't manage it when they had money and wanted to. they sure as hell aren't going to be capable of it now. inter-faction matches, however, doesn't sound like something that would require significant new hardware or code but, rather, adjustment of code that is already in place. in other words, inter-faction is just more realistic, and it does address a couple significant issues.

important part in bold. if you look at the leader board, it's crystal clear that the system considers mirror classes the same. however, it's a lot easier to raise rating on pub side (my server) b/c so few pubs ever queue that you can hand pick your team and queue. meanwhile, the mirror class on the other side is at the full mercy of RNG matchmaking (which is something that everybody is supposed to be subject to). since the pub is not subject to such RNG, the value of his rating is inflated.

This^^ is why playing on pot5 sucks as an imp. Basically one guild/player/douche-hat (his name starts with K) has intentionally consolidated most of the solo ranked pub players into one guild, except instead of doing group content, they soak up 80% of the solo ranked queue and ensure that 80% of the time they'll have at least two guildies on their team.

Fine. a-holes will always a-holes. K can't really help it, he's a deeldo, it's in his nature.

What I can't seem to understand is why other players joined the guild. They've basically made their solo rating completely illegitimate. Even if you're the best player in the game, having the advantage of queuing solo ranked with premades renders your skill a moot point. No one in that guild deserves their rating.

Case in point:

http://i.imgur.com/m16ZIc2.jpg

What we've got here is some of the highest rated players in the game, in a premade, with comms, losing to some rando pugs in solo ranked. Bad game maybe? **** no. You don't get to have a hybrid tank, two of the highest rated sorcs in the game, and comms and blame it on a bad game.

What's the highest rating on the imp side? 1253.

Highest rating pub side? 1935

Secdond highest pub side? 1882

Third highest? 1570

Their 2nd from last rated player is already at 1570, and they lost to a team whose highest rated player is barely above 1200. These dudes don't deserve their rating. And even if they do, because of their choices, they don't.

Edited by Aristore

Yep, thats the sad reality, few players queue on pub side, so it lends itself for queue syncing and taking advantage of that.

People do that on the Bastion too, it was really prevalent in season 2. Some of the people who did this were actually really good players, but there are also quite a few baddies who managed to join the circle and greatly inflate their rating.

People are really that obsessed with their epeen? Instead of playing the game for fun or the challenge? Sad.

Of course, its fun when bad guilds and players try to do that thinking theyre clever and then you can farm the over and over on imp side (unless you keep getting terrible imp teammates).

What can you do about it?

Join them, or crash their party. Or just queue at a later time when theyve had their fill.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

This^^ is why playing on pot5 sucks as an imp. Basically one guild/player/douche-hat (his name starts with K) has intentionally consolidated most of the solo ranked pub players into one guild, except instead of doing group content, they soak up 80% of the solo ranked queue and ensure that 80% of the time they'll have at least two guildies on their team.

The ironic thing is Pubs were complaining about Imps before University of Coruscant. The thing is, Imperial side HAS guilds that could queue sync and they just prefer to be warzone all stars. Granted, it is a LOT harder for the imperial side to successfully queue sync, as there are more people queing up, but some of those guilds have just straight given up and prefer to stomp on people in premade warzones.

Edited by undiess