Marauders. Am I supposed to be this squishy?

tehrealdealz

Sup everyone so right now i'm leveling two new toons. One is a juggernaut and the other is a marauder. BOTH are extremely fun to play but im noticing that on my Marauder i'm SO squishy. He's only level 28 but man i just feel like all i do in WZs is die. On my Jugg on the other hand, I feel i can live a lot longer. is this normal?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at such a low level, i'd say gear and player awareness trump class ceiling by a long shot. I'm kind of anal about having my ducks in a row with this sort of stuff (I'm the guy who spent hours just building-up his strongholds in AoE/GBG/starcraft). it never mattered what toon/AC/spec I was leveling, I had on full purples (cybertech/artifice) and mostly up to date augments. I cut through most players like a hot knife through butter.

so I would say that all this QQ about certain classes being weak while leveling is mostly stuff you can ignore. (yes, I've leveled plenty of toons since the major 2.0 revisions to lowbie bolster).

all of that said, nothing levels as easy as a pyro pt. comical how easy it is. felt like an anni mara back in the days of their wicked healing and burst...killing 3 ppl at a time.

Edited by foxmob

at such a low level, i'd say gear and player awareness trump class ceiling by a long shot. I'm kind of anal about having my ducks in a row with this sort of stuff (I'm the guy who spent hours just building-up his strongholds in AoE/GBG/starcraft). it never mattered what toon/AC/spec I was leveling, I had on full purples (cybertech/artifice) and mostly up to date augments. I cut through most players like a hot knife through butter.

so I would say that all this QQ about certain classes being weak while leveling is mostly stuff you can ignore. (yes, I've leveled plenty of toons since the major 2.0 revisions to lowbie bolster).

all of that said, nothing levels as easy as a pyro pt. comical how easy it is. felt like an anni mara back in the days of their wicked healing and burst...killing 3 ppl at a time.

I'll second that. Of all my classes, and I've leveled all of them pretty much exclusively through PvP, pyro PT is the easiest and most fun to level.

The first step toward success as a marauder is acknowledging that you are not a solo kill hero. You are support DPS. Find an ally who is attacking an enemy, and help that person kill his target. Do not mindlessly leap into groups of enemies. Edited by HaoZhao

well... yu can still go on duel with a marau, problem is yu can't be immune against stun in order to berserk 2 or 3 guys.

you're a healer killer, or as abovementioned a support dps that will vanish everytime you get focus. Not that far from the assassin spirit.

well... yu can still go on duel with a marau, problem is yu can't be immune against stun in order to berserk 2 or 3 guys.

you're a healer killer, or as abovementioned a support dps that will vanish everytime you get focus. Not that far from the assassin spirit.

In 1 vs 1, good marauder is a psyho kitchen chopper vs toilet paper. In solo rwz i saw next step, tank took me to force statis, marauder did his ravage. full hp ---->0 for 3sec And they did this many times when i had play against them

Edited by Mega_Fallos

In 1 vs 1, good marauder is a psyho kitchen chopper vs toilet paper. In solo rwz i saw next step, tank took me to force statis, marauder did his ravage. full hp ---->0 for 3sec

Except when the person he is fighting isn't a turd.. Marauders really aren't that good in duels rofl.

If you want to duel, make an Assassin.

8vs8 maps are big enough to allow some duels.

Exmple : trying to take control of a turret.

Anywhere...... who gives a ****. marauder vs half the other classes he's just going to lose

Yep.. hard to mastered. Yu still can win against light class.

We could say it's the pvp challenge.

Edited by Mclyde

8vs8 maps are big enough to allow some duels.

Exmple : trying to take control of a turret.

Yep.. hard to mastered. Yu still can win against light class.

We could say it's the pvp challenge.

Sorc maybe. You're not going to win from any Assassin that doesn't have his head up his back end.

Not that anyone is.. Assassins are super OP.

Except when the person he is fighting isn't a turd.. Marauders really aren't that good in duels rofl.

If you want to duel, make an Assassin.

I find killing deception sins 1v1 isn't too difficult on a pyro merc of all things (sometimes they get lucky with shroud vs. net). of course the top 1-5% of any class are going to usually win (rng crit dependent), but those uncleansable dots. oye. only badness sins can I solo.

Sorc maybe. You're not going to win from any Assassin that doesn't have his head up his back end.

Not that anyone is.. Assassins are super OP.

Only from the viewpoint of a assassin. Compared to every other class, marauders are a very effective 1v1 class particularly given their arsenal of proactive DcD.

I find killing deception sins 1v1 isn't too difficult on a pyro merc of all things (sometimes they get lucky with shroud vs. net). of course the top 1-5% of any class are going to usually win (rng crit dependent), but those uncleansable dots. oye. only badness sins can I solo.

Then you need to find a good one and try again.

You'll change your mind.

Mauraders and Sentinels are definitely squishy, but this is due to the fact that they are front line dps only class who had their defensive cooldowns nerfed several patches ago. They are difficult to play, and at times feel like a glass cannon, which is not fun from the front lines like it can be for ranged glass cannons. The perception of toughness is skewed because if you have a good healer with you, they can make you feel invincible with your cooldowns. The same could be said Shadow, Vanguard, Guardian DPS as well so kind of a moot point.

My Shadow and Assassin have the luxury of stealth to mitigate being focused and/or to get away to heal. Additionally, I can use force barrier to get away which is extremely useful. The Sentinel basically has force camo for 4 seconds, which smart people will continue to look for you after you've used that, since it's only 4 sec and you can't get that far away.

My Vanguard feels much tanker as it has much stronger cool downs. You CAN be focused but you can make the enemy really pay for focusing you down.

I'm leveling the Guardian right now. I can tell that people really hate guardians now adays because I am typically always the first targeted when they see me. I soak up 400k-500k damage in tier 1 pvp (up to level 29), die over 10 times. You kind of have to just brush it off because there is no avoiding it. I want that OP cooldown already!

Edited by undiess

What? If you die so much on your guardian then you really need to start using your defensive cooldowns better.

Most importantly your guardian leap. It's almost as effective as a mid combat restealth in terms of getting people to stop focussing you..

And yes, in case you wanted to ask. I play one too.

Edited by Evolixe

What? If you die so much on your guardian then you really need to start using your defensive cooldowns better.

Most importantly your guardian leap. It's almost as effective as a mid combat restealth in terms of getting people to stop focussing you..

And yes, in case you wanted to ask. I play one too.

I have one defensive cooldown at level 27. I did say I was in Tier 1 pvp and really wished I had my OP cooldowns already...

Sup everyone so right now i'm leveling two new toons. One is a juggernaut and the other is a marauder. BOTH are extremely fun to play but im noticing that on my Marauder i'm SO squishy. He's only level 28 but man i just feel like all i do in WZs is die. On my Jugg on the other hand, I feel i can live a lot longer. is this normal?

BW had the lovely attitude of giving ranged more kiting abilities while also nerfing marauders at the same time. So the current meta is marauders are pretty much worthless without a healer, and don't even think about popping undying rage unless you like trolling healers.

Then you need to find a good one and try again.

You'll change your mind.

nah. even the good ones can be driven away. it's all about that initial burst. if he gets me good before I can pop a dcd, I'm toast. if I can get out of the burst and resist/dodge something, the best most deception can do is teleport away and try to get a medpac. I did say something about the top 1-5% ;) )

I actually have more trouble with a decent carnage. weird, right? iunno. they're both tricky classes, but I'd have thought carnage was much harder (to play) than deception for 1v1 a merc.

Edited by foxmob

What... I have leveled every adv class and I can say in the 10-29 bracket the most powerful was the marauder. Since you don't have all the skills the ones you do get are bolstered and you should be wrecking ppl. I will say once you hit that 30 is when life gets rough. You will start dying like no other. Marauders are a bit squishy at 55 because of their challenging play style. If you want to be a little more tanky play as anni/watch. The dot healing will help your survivability while still putting out nice dps. The key to playing a mara above all other classes is you must accept that fact that you WILL die. No if ands or buts. Once you do it will become how many will you take down with you.