How do I make money from Slicing and Biochem?

CrypticCube

Use the GTN. Vendors are for useless junk that nobody else wants.

Biochem : take all the way to 450, craft endgame stims, medpacks and adrenals ("prototype nano-infused").

Slicing: take all the way to 450, do rich and bountiful sliced tech parts missions for a chance to get thermal regulators, a necessary component of all endgame augments.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Use the GTN. Vendors are for useless junk that nobody else wants.

Biochem : take all the way to 450, craft endgame stims, medpacks and adrenals ("prototype nano-infused").

Slicing: take all the way to 450, do rich and bountiful sliced tech parts missions for a chance to get thermal regulators, a necessary component of all endgame augments.

So I sell everything I get/make now to the GTN?

• Biochem
  • Bio-analysis
  • Slicing

Are the three crew skills I have. I made some medpacs and stims. I also received a Powertube form Slicing. How do I make money off these things? Do I use the GTN or sell it to vendors?

Gotta be honest...you don't. If you want to make money crafting stuff with biochem you have to drop slicing and take up Diplomacy. But that breaks my #1 rule (thank you DarthTHC) "Make Credits Not Stuff." What that means is that with the crew skills you have you probably better off selling Bioanalysis materials and running lockbox missions in slicing.

Crafting is an investment. in order to level it you must spend credits and the chance of getting your entire investment back as you level the skill is nil. And even at the level cap selling stims and adrenals is a losing proposition unless you acquire all your own materials (through gathering and missions); if you have to buy materials off the GTN you WILL lose money.

Biochem's advantage is in its reusable stim, adrenals, and medpacs. But it is a double edged sword: one has to have to skill to use them, so buying the reusables from another biochem is a little silly; but by using the reusables one saves credits over the long haul.

For more details, check out the links in my sig.

Edited by psandak

As indicated above, Biochem is a crafting skill, and crafting skills typically cost 2-4 million credits to level up to max level. After you do that, MAYBE you can make a profit by selling some of the implants that Biochem makes, but probably not (you will probably make more profit if you sell the Bioanalysis-gathered mats directly, rather than making stuff with the mats).

Bioanalysis is straightforward: gather mats, sell them on the GTN for whatever the going rate is = profit.

Slicing used to be straightforward: open boxes, get money automatically into your wallet, but years ago they nerfed it pretty badly. You may make some money by selling some of the schematics, maybe.

My recommendation would be if this is your first character, drop Biochem and Slicing, and take Bioanalysis, Scavenging, and Archeology; all three are gathering skills, which means you just gather and sell on the GTN for straight profits. Then once you're at max level and have some money, switch over to Biochem or whatever crafting skill you want, and spend the few million to level it up if you want.