If you never want to be able to access your character ever again...do this

ShiningKnights

Just send in a ticket to CS, this happened to multiple people already. If you write it in a friendly tone, select the correct category and provide enough details, CS will be a able to move your character to fleet so you can log in again. :)

That only works if you're a sub though. My two children are FTP. Guess they'll have to subscribe to submit a ticket.

Exactly, either that, or wait until the devs fix this bug so that they can login again. May be a bit unfair, but there are already too few perks for subscribing, and I am happy that getting CS support is one of them.

There once was a bug where F2P got stuck on other player's space ships and since they could not use fleet travel, they could no longer play that character again. The devs fixed that bug pretty quickly, so I'm sure this bug will also be fixed soonish.

May be a bit unfair, but there are already too few perks for subscribing, and I am happy that getting CS support is one of them.

Lul what? Being able to unstuck your character is now a glorious subscriber feature? Get a grip. F2P contribute to the game by the sheer fact of playing and populating it. They buy your crap from GTN (especially subscribers' favourite official credit buying method with Ops pass sales), give you higher chance to find groups for heroics, FPs, Opses etc. You sure you want them stuck?

Lul what? Being able to unstuck your character is now a glorious subscriber feature? Get a grip. F2P contribute to the game by the sheer fact of playing and populating it. They buy your crap from GTN (especially subscribers' favourite official credit buying method with Ops pass sales), give you higher chance to find groups for heroics, FPs, Opses etc. You sure you want them stuck?

No, I'm not saying that F2P players should be stuck because I know that they also help contributing to the game.

I just think that in general it is good that only subscribers can write tickets to CS, and that bugs like these should not cause this to change. Response times to tickets are already very long, and letting more players write tickets will only increase that time.

This bug needs to be fixed soon, I agree, but letting F2P write tickets is not a good solution to this problem.

Edited by Jerba

No, I'm not saying that F2P players should be stuck because I know that they also help contributing to the game.

I just think that in general it is good that only subscribers can write tickets to CS, and that bugs like these should not cause this to change. Response times to tickets are already very long, and letting more players write tickets will only increase that time.

This bug needs to be fixed soon, I agree, but letting F2P write tickets is not a good solution to this problem.

Then limit F2P tickets to avoid too big load. Or at least Preferred. But cutting it completly is nonsense as well.

Exactly, either that, or wait until the devs fix this bug so that they can login again. May be a bit unfair, but there are already too few perks for subscribing, and I am happy that getting CS support is one of them.

There once was a bug where F2P got stuck on other player's space ships and since they could not use fleet travel, they could no longer play that character again. The devs fixed that bug pretty quickly, so I'm sure this bug will also be fixed soonish.

I totally disagree. F2P players support the game just as much as subscribers. If they didn't, why did the developers spend almost a year trying to make this game F2P? They may not pay $15/month, but they buy a lot of stuff from the Cartel Market because gameplay is gimped so much they have to buy off the CM just to afford basic features. They deserve to have at least some minimal level of customer support. Consider this: I bought a 5500 cartel coin pack from Amazon for a friend and he tried to redeem the code and only got 2400 coins. When he called customer service, they basically told him to get lost because he wasn't a subscriber. You really think only subscribers should be able to get help in those cases???

The idea that Bioware Austin can design a game that has flaws on almost every level (engine, UI, billing...and during one of the Cantina events, one of their employees that was about to leave the company called it "swiss cheese built on sand") and then say nobody can basic customer support unless they're a sub is ludicrous IMO.

I totally disagree. F2P players support the game just as much as subscribers. If they didn't, why did the developers spend almost a year trying to make this game F2P? They may not pay $15/month, but they buy a lot of stuff from the Cartel Market because gameplay is gimped so much they have to buy off the CM just to afford basic features.

It really isn't that gimped of a experience, most of those are non-essential QoL features. Annoying maybe, but does not stop someone from completing the entirety of the game, save some PVP without passes and with no purchase of an expansion. I'm pretty sure also that the majority of this revenue from the CM is coming from actual subs. Entirely believable with all the stories I hear about people buying 3 hypercrates or more.

When he called customer service, they basically told him to get lost because he wasn't a subscriber. You really think only subscribers should be able to get help in those cases???

In that case, there is a clear wrong there, they couldn't have possibly known whether he bought that or someone else bought it and it doesn't really matter because you paid for something for that wasn't granted according to its value.

I would grant preferred access limited access to bug reports and gamebreaking bugs. Priority messages should always be subs first though.

Couldn't they just do a loaded queue system for CS tickets? Basically, subscriber tickets are always ahead of preferred tickets, which are always ahead of F2P tickets? That way, non subscribers aren't bumping subscribers way down on the CS response queue, but still could get help, albeit slowly.

Only drawback here is that the workload for CS could go up by quite a lot.

I totally disagree. F2P players support the game just as much as subscribers.

We have to distinguish between F2P and preferred here IMO. I'd have no problem with preferred players gaining limited CS support for the months they spend money on the game, but F2P shouldn't IMO. Having a support staff is not free and only people who contribute to the game should have access to that.

Maybe this sounds harsh to some, but purely F2P already get too much as it is IMO. They get to play the major part of a AAA MMO for free...what more could they possibly want. If I was enjoying this game for the whole of its story without spending a dime I'd feel like a cheat, but that's only me of course.

That only works if you're a sub though. My two children are FTP. Guess they'll have to subscribe to submit a ticket.

You could call support. As far as I know, phone support is not restricted to subscribers.

http://www.swtor.com/support

Contact Us By Phone

If you need assistance with your account, encounter a problem while making a payment, or are unable to log in to the game the best course of action is to contact our Customer Service team over the phone. You can contact our team for the price of a local call by calling the numbers listed below:

May be a bit unfair, but there are already too few perks for subscribing, and I am happy that getting CS support is one of them.

Damn, im a sub and I still think that CS should be available for all who play the game, it is a feature which is essential to all who play the game. Too few perks for subs? We have a massive amount of perks already. :)

Damn, im a sub and I still think that CS should be available for all who play the game, it is a feature which is essential to all who play the game. Too few perks for subs? We have a massive amount of perks already. :)

Like I said, I'd have nothing against giving preferred players some limited access to CS, but giving access to ALL F2P would probably result in them being swamped with tickets to a degree that nothing would get done anymore. Support isn't exactly operating at lightspeed as is.

come to think about, it is surprising that BW hasn't add cs support ticket option to cartel market. >_>

Some people want to watch the world burn ^^

Lol... In all seriousness, Game Breaking Issues (as the one the OP describes), should be address regardless of the players "status".

Please read Game Breaking as "Unable able to successfully login, and move to other zones" (Which seems to be the OP's issue, and was the issue with the F2P players stuck on someones ship).

OR, as I don't think that it would be a huge amount of programming... make it so you can (under the My Account tab) give the option to reset a players location to Fleet.

Preferred Players should get access to CS, and the forums IMO, period... at least for 30 days from their last purchase of coins.

Preferred Players (i.e. players who have made a purchase of coins from the CM) should get limited access to CS for 30 days from their last purchase of coins. As for F2P? I'll be blunt, tough, they don't pay for the game so why have access to CS via in-game support. As someone said, they can use the phone (for which they pay for the service).

Let's be honest here, in-game support is fairly erratic in the response times they give to subs (through no fault of their own, they can only do so much work in the time given to them). So why would subs want response times to be increased?

As for the bug, it needs to be fixed, and it probably will be. At which point those players who are "stuck" will be able to access their characters once more, unless they phone CS which is still an option.

Preferred Players (i.e. players who have made a purchase of coins from the CM) should get limited access to CS for 30 days from their last purchase of coins. As for F2P? I'll be blunt, tough, they don't pay for the game so why have access to CS via in-game support. As someone said, they can use the phone (for which they pay for the service).

As for the bug, it needs to be fixed, and it probably will be. At which point those players who are "stuck" will be able to access their characters once more, unless they phone CS which is still an option.

That's one thing I don't get. They'd rather more people call in for service, so instead of about 30 seconds to read a ticket, pull up the account, move the character, and close a ticket. At any point within lets say 48 hours, they want to pay for more people to actually sit at the phones 24/7 so that a live person can talk to me about a stuck computer character. Just seems like reverse thinking to me in terms of staffing. I'd tend to think for example live 24/7 in person on the phone support for anything and everything would be for subscribers in addition to in-game tickets, but everyone else has to submit in-game tickets or via contact form on the website. It'd also speed up the hold times on the phone that way. jmho, anyhow.....

At any rate, I just saw the OP and some comments that again brings up support for F2P or Preferred, and I just don't like that people (tho not subscribers) actually playing the game and spending $ in the Cartel Market aren't privy to support for things like this. I spent some time as Preferred, I think I ended up spending more $ over a few months than had I been a subscriber, but then there were months I couldn't play at all, so it sort of evened out and I didn't feel like I was throwing money away for those months. But meanwhile as preferred, you feel stranded if you have technical issues or your character gets infinitely stuck or a mission glitches or something. There was a mission or two I came across that were still bugged, i'd read the forums about it from a bit of time ago, and wanted to say "Hey it's still broken!" but couldn't even do that. In this example, the OP literally has to subscribe his kids accounts just to get support.

I like your idea of preferred at least getting some support vs. F2P.....at least that's a step in the right direction.

I dunno.....just sharing an opinion, some agree some disagree I get that. Just a random opinion from someone who's been in both sets of shoes at various points. ;)

Edited by Code_Airwolf

That's one thing I don't get. They'd rather more people call in for service, so instead of about 30 seconds to read a ticket, pull up the account, move the character, and close a ticket. At any point within lets say 48 hours, they want to pay for more people to actually sit at the phones 24/7 so that a live person can talk to me about a stuck computer character. Just seems like reverse thinking to me in terms of staffing. I'd tend to think for example live 24/7 in person on the phone support for anything and everything would be for subscribers in addition to in-game tickets, but everyone else has to submit in-game tickets or via contact form on the website. It'd also speed up the hold times on the phone that way. jmho, anyhow.....

At any rate, I just saw the OP and some comments that again brings up support for F2P or Preferred, and I just don't like that people (tho not subscribers) actually playing the game and spending $ in the Cartel Market aren't privy to support for things like this. I spent some time as Preferred, I think I ended up spending more $ over a few months than had I been a subscriber, but then there were months I couldn't play at all, so it sort of evened out and I didn't feel like I was throwing money away for those months. But meanwhile as preferred, you feel stranded if you have technical issues or your character gets infinitely stuck or a mission glitches or something. There was a mission or two I came across that were still bugged, i'd read the forums about it from a bit of time ago, and wanted to say "Hey it's still broken!" but couldn't even do that. In this example, the OP literally has to subscribe his kids accounts just to get support.

I like your idea of preferred at least getting some support vs. F2P.....at least that's a step in the right direction.

I dunno.....just sharing an opinion, some agree some disagree I get that. Just a random opinion from someone who's been in both sets of shoes at various points. ;)

Very few people will go to the lengths of phone support except on a relevant game-breaking issue. Whereas even with the subscriber restriction, CS gets flooded with useless tickets on a daily basis, so many that it causes them to miss relevant ones as well(read something they are actually in a position to do something about).

Opening up the ticket system to f2p will probably at least double if not triple the amount of tickets, most of it again, garbage.

Preferred Players should get access to CS, and the forums IMO, period... at least for 30 days from their last purchase of coins.

This seems logical if someone is spending the same amount of money as a subscriber just via CC vs sub. No difference to me.