We need more balanced Galactic Starfighter matches

Kikitigar

GSF matches needs to be more balanced,its like of 10 matches you get 2 balanced and 8 not even close balanced (players who play GSF will understand that).

They need to fix that clearly.

you mean you DONT like playing matches where clearly 10 of the other team are in capped ships...and clearly 10 of your team are in new, or 1 tier ships...this bothers you? the madness..... have no fear, matchmaking IS working as intended...ask BW, they will tell you so :p

Yeah, matchmaking in GSF still has issues. Over the weekend I was in a match where it was Pub on Pub (so you don't even have the faction imbalance to blame) where my team had 10 players with the two or three base ships, and theirs had 11 with 5 ships, including maxed bombers. Needless to say we got creamed with the match eventually degenerating to them balling up in bombers and gunships, killing people as they spawned to end the game faster. I don't find matches like that fun at all no matter which side of it I end up on.

Well matched games of GSF are great fun, but the inconsistencies with matchmaking will turn a lot of new players off. (And eventually it wears down long time players too.)

you mean you DONT like playing matches where clearly 10 of the other team are in capped ships...and clearly 10 of your team are in new, or 1 tier ships...this bothers you? the madness..... have no fear, matchmaking IS working as intended...ask BW, they will tell you so :p

The matchmaking IS working, but it has problems working with so little players bothering to join the queue. You cannot build a balanced teams when you do not have enough people on the same level, so the matchmaking criteria get wider and wider, until the system can put together a team

The matchmaking IS working, but it has problems working with so little players bothering to join the queue. You cannot build a balanced teams when you do not have enough people on the same level, so the matchmaking criteria get wider and wider, until the system can put together a team

Example: Pub vs Pub One side has mostly fully upgraded ships vs other side with a couple of mid teir upgraded ships and noobs!

How is that match making?

This is not entirely accurate. Although matchmaking has improved since GSF launched, see my above example of a Pub on Pub battle being totally one sided as an obvious example where the number of people queueing has no impact on the lopsidedness of the battle. That match could have easily been better balanced by splitting the experienced players up between the teams. Even if they queued as groups of 4, one group could have been on our side with four new players on theirs.

I'm not sure what's up with the way matchmaking works in GSF, but it needs to get better. As a well experienced GSF player starting on a new character, it seems I can end up on either side of an unbalanced match, and both sides stink because it's boring getting overrun and it's boring doing the overrunning.

I love GSF, and balanced matches, when they happen, are just plain awesome. But they need to fix matchmaking.

(...) I love GSF, and balanced matches, when they happen, are just plain awesome. But they need to fix matchmaking.

They should probably try and offer proper incentives for people to run GSF matches first.

The decorations alone are not enough, at least on the Red Eclipse that is. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I enjoyed GSF when it first came out and it was mostly just people in unupgraded strike fighters and scout ships. It was balanced and fun, and felt like dogfights. Even when I would lose I felt like it was because I had lost to the team, not their ships. I tried it again a little later and absolutely could not stand it. From the long range sniping in gunships to the upgrades that made long-time players practically impossible to kill I completely wrote the gametype off.

In my opinion they broke it the moment they decided to add upgrades instead of sidegrades. I think that's why gear progression in shooter games like Call of Duty really works. Even when you first pick up the game you're given access to everything you need to be a competitive player. Your guns and grenades kill people just as well as any other. From there you're given access to new weapons and options that let you tweak your gameplay for you, so you can pick the gun that works best for you. But no matter what you pick you're not really at a disadvantage.