[SPOILER] Jedi and Sith starter areas.

TheBBP

This inquiry relates to the events of Forged Alliances:

((Adding text here to keep the hover-preview from revealing said spoilers. BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH))

With the decimation of both the Jedi and Sith starter worlds, should we expect new starter areas when the story moves forward with 3.0 or are the starter areas immune from the evolving lore?

Edited by TheBBP

They'll probably just rebuild it and have everything seemingly go back to normal.

Even with all the named Masters that were lost in battle? I have not done the Sith side, but the Republic run of Korriban had us killing some high-profile NPCs.

Don't see how they could change it.

If they keep it the same or change it, there are going to be continuity issues. There's just too much entry level Star Wars lore on Tython/Korriban (make your lightsaber/become an appentice to Darth X) that is good at pulling people into the story line.

If you change the planet, you have to change all the quests and you ruin the continuity of the story at 55 through Forged Alliances.

I think it's just a better use of time to keep it as it is than redo it because the story of the game has progressed past it.

If they keep it the same or change it, there are going to be continuity issues. There's just too much entry level Star Wars lore on Tython/Korriban (make your lightsaber/become an appentice to Darth X) that is good at pulling people into the story line.

If you change the planet, you have to change all the quests and you ruin the continuity of the story at 55 through Forged Alliances.

I think it's just a better use of time to keep it as it is than redo it because the story of the game has progressed past it.

That makes sense.

They'll probably just rebuild it and have everything seemingly go back to normal.

Impossible because:

Some of the quest giver die

But like always, there is a "time line" and a quest that start from early planet, so is near to impossible to rebot, the only solution are phases like in WoW, but we are really far from them.

Every character you play start the timeline from the begin. Example in WoW is pretty much different, beucase is the world that evolve and are not quest related to a "big main story".

You can't redesign the "new starting planet" and complete your character story without something wrong.

EDIT:

Main issue now is that if you go on these planets you go back in time... pretty orrible to think, but they are not the only ones

Edited by Elminster_cs

To add on bit.

There's always been a individual personal timeline involved by the linearity of 1-55. Imperial Balmorra happens first then Republic. FIrst is Maelstrom Prison then the Foundry. The worlds aren't static, but they aren't completely dynamic. When you start trying to make sure all of the timelines sync up, that's when things get super confusing. Imperials and Republic characters are both on Taris, at the same time in game, but in different times in the lore. You could look at Tython and Forged Alliance story arcs the same way.

Edited by JMagee

Yeah, I loved the Cataclysm in WoW (sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked the changes), but it seemed like there was dozens of thousands on the forum who detested the changes.*

Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction had a similar change, but I don't know any Korean, so I couldn't tell if the changes were received positively by the majority of players.

I must admit, I loved the Seed of Rage zones they added to Balmorra, Taris, Tatooine, Alderaan, Hoth, Voss and Corellia.

*For those of you who don't play WoW, basically half the zones in WoW were devastated by the Expansions big bad, and many vanilla quests were removed as the zones were changed and some questgivers were killed.

*For those of you who don't play WoW, basically half the zones in WoW were devastated by the Expansions big bad, and many vanilla quests were removed as the zones were changed and some questgivers were killed.

But actually in swtor is impossible. The story is based on level.

The example is:

-I start on the new destroyed tython

- when I hit 55 I will land to destroy tython

***? This is impossilbe, again the only solution are phases planet, because actually every story follow a line from 1 to 55 is impossilbe to change a planet right now

Impossible because:

Some of the quest giver die

But like always, there is a "time line" and a quest that start from early planet, so is near to impossible to rebot, the only solution are phases like in WoW, but we are really far from them.

Every character you play start the timeline from the begin. Example in WoW is pretty much different, beucase is the world that evolve and are not quest related to a "big main story".

You can't redesign the "new starting planet" and complete your character story without something wrong.

EDIT:

Main issue now is that if you go on these planets you go back in time... pretty orrible to think, but they are not the only ones

Yeah, I hadn't thought about the quest givers and other NPCs at the time of posting that. But, the other posts in this thread pretty much answer the question as well as it can be.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

But actually in swtor is impossible. The story is based on level.

The example is:

-I start on the new destroyed tython

- when I hit 55 I will land to destroy tython

***? This is impossilbe, again the only solution are phases planet, because actually every story follow a line from 1 to 55 is impossilbe to change a planet right now

^^

Pretty much this.

Another example: Every single Inquisitor I have is a LV55 who finished its class story, plus the world story arc on Makeb.

However, when either of them returns to Korriban as we know it, they are just slaves who were uplifted to acolytes. The dialogue with quest givers reflects as much.

When I do Black Talon, they're just apprentices to Lord Zash and on Dromund Kaas, it is EXACTLY the same thing.

The game is purely static on that front and as pointed out earlier, I highly doubt it will ever change. Stuff has a progression story-wise and it will never deviate from it. EVER. Might as well accept it. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

This inquiry relates to the events of Forged Alliances:

((Adding text here to keep the hover-preview from revealing said spoilers. BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH))

With the decimation of both the Jedi and Sith starter worlds, should we expect new starter areas when the story moves forward with 3.0 or are the starter areas immune from the evolving lore?

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the events that take place during the leveling on those planets is actually set 4 years prior to the flashpoints, so there's no problem keeping continuity.

So yes, they are immune since it wouldn't make sense to change them since your storyline there takes place years before the other one.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the events that take place during the leveling on those planets is actually set 4 years prior to the flashpoints, so there's no problem keeping continuity.

So yes, they are immune since it wouldn't make sense to change them since your storyline there takes place years before the other one.

That's interesting. I never realized it was four years. How is that worked out?

Is there a consolidated chronology of all of SWTOR somewhere? Like every single planet questline plus bonus series, every class story, and every flashpoint with every single event in chronological order? Probably a pretty huge undertaking, but with how long the game has been out, I'd be surprised if someone hasn't attempted it.

Is there a consolidated chronology of all of SWTOR somewhere? Like every single planet questline plus bonus series, every class story, and every flashpoint with every single event in chronological order? Probably a pretty huge undertaking, but with how long the game has been out, I'd be surprised if someone hasn't attempted it.

I have one.

In my head. Never wrote it down. :o

Thank you all for the input regarding the chronology of the lore. So, rather than living in an evolving world we are living in a static story with chapters tacked on the end from time to time?

Pretty much.

I mean, take a look at Balmorra or Taris, as DarthDrymond mentioned last week or so...

The Republic looses Taris for the Empire and the whole Reconstruction project for the planet goes belly up.

The Empire looses Balmorra for the Republic, after the former failed to take control of the planet despite having over a decade to do so.

Yet, when you visit both planets, the Reconstruction project is fine for Republic players and Balmorra is still Imperial with an Imp character.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Imperials and Republic characters are both on Taris, at the same time in game, but in different times in the lore.
Sorry but I needed to correct you here. They are not on at the same time, Taris is the reverse of Balmorra. While imps are on Balmorra Pubs are on Taris and the reverse happens when the Pubs go to Balmorra the Imps are on Taris. Edited by mudmobile

Sorry but I needed to correct you here. They are not on at the same time, Taris is the reverse of Balmorra. While imps are on Balmorra Pubs are on Taris and the reverse happens when the Pubs go to Balmorra the Imps are on Taris.

Yea, when I re-read what I wrote I realized it was ambiguous. What I meant was that people playing either Imperial and Republic characters can be on Taris at the same time (real life time, not game chronological time. i.e 7:10PM EST) and it be different times in the lore.

Edited by JMagee