Suggestion Drop-Box: Races Extended

SethMyst

Considering new species is currently a hot topic in the Suggestion Box, it's about time I give the highlights. As with every other Drop-Box, feel free to drop your suggestions in the comments below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:tran_angel:Trandoshan :tran_tongue:

Now, to acknowledge the Bantha in the room. I still believe to this day that the Trandoshan can be a great addition to the Playable roster. First, the code for all the equipment for the Trandoshan are already in the game, thanks to the beloved Oyzen Fess (I'm sorry, he's just a very interesting character), and, at certain points in some of the storylines, you see Trandoshan in many different roles.

To account for these roles, here is the list I've developed for possible classes: Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Trooper, Smuggler, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent. There reasoning behind the fact that I listed both Jedi classes and one Sith class is actually based more on Gameplay reasons more than story, but that doesn't mean that they are not possibilities. There are actually points in the Expanded Universe where we see Trandoshan Jedi (two or three are known as of now), and you do encounter Trandoshan Apprentices as the Sith Warrior. However, Force-Sensitivity in Trandoshan is uncommon, but not unheard of. As such, I'm sure the role-players can whiff up a story as to why your Trandoshan is a Jedi Consular.

:sy_companion:Selonians :sy_companion:

Before you stick me on a stake for this one, the Selonians have actually appeared in-game on Corellia, allied with the Republic. As such, there are in-game models, and, with that, armor coding. And people honestly believe that the Bothan will come out on top? As far as I can see, they only appeared once or twice compared to the multiple appearances on Corellia.

Now, there is the issue with possible classes. As you may have guessed, the Selonians are entirely Republic-based. As such, I can only see the Selonians taking Republic classes, similar to how the non-legacy Chiss and Sith Purebloods are to the Empire. Enough said.

:sy_companion:Selkath :sy_companion:

Now, I know next to nothing about the Selkath. I do, however, know that the Selkath are native to Manaan, and produce the Galaxy's Kolto, and are highly neutral. Few ever leave their homeworld, thanks to the destruction brought out by the Empire. As such, I think that there is a slim possibility of the Selkath being part of the Empire, or playable at all. However, I would not be surprised if we see a Selkath companion in the near future.

So, what if the Selkath become playable? What roles would they play? Well, to start, I doubt the guys will work for the Empire after what happened to Manaan. Of course, there is that slim possibility. For that, here's the list I came up with: Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Smuggler, Imperial Agent. There, done, no need to show more.

Okay, never mind, perhaps I should explain my choices. First, the Smuggler class was a no-brainer. There are already archtypes in-game for this certain class for the species. Second, the Selkath have a connection to the Jedi Order, as one such Selkath appeared in KOTOR. And finally, why I chose the Imperial Agent. That's... more for a gameplay standpoint more than a story element.

:w_angelic:Wookie :w_evil:

Can someone end my suffering now? Wookies are by far the most beloved species in the Star Wars Universe. Chewbacca was one of the more beloved characters in the Original Trilogy, and the Wookie species was playable in Star Wars: Galaxy. As such, it isn't a surprise that people want this furball playable in SWTOR.

Now, the main issue with the Wookie is that it isn't easy to find classes they easily fit into. However, I've already confirmed a few possibilities: Jedi Knight, Smuggler, Trooper, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, and Imperial Agent. This was based on past experiences in the EU, as well as what would work best lorewise.

:sy_lightside:Voss :sy_darkside:

Considering the Voss are only newly discovered, I doubt there would be anything lorewise indicating they move offworld. As such, I have my doubts.

So, what if they become playable? Here are a few ideas: Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor. There, done. And yes, I know that I didn't include any non-force based classes on my list. It won't make any sense otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I missed anything, please let me know here. Right now, this is all I got for now...

Trandoshan So, you'd be ok with not seeing any gloves, boots, cut-off pants, or head gear? Cause I'm sure others aren't

Selonians NPC Coding isn't the same as PLAYER Coding. They wear similar gear within their Models, Player Characters have access to much more gear then that.

Selkath Same as Trandoshan.

Wookie Sure, but SWG didn't have IN-DEPTH Voice Acting, and Wookiee's don't speak Basic.

Voss Ah, but there is STORYLINE Issues, and so they are exclusive to Force Using only? Um, I'm pretty sure they have WARRIORS (ie Non-Forced Based Classes)

Sorry it took awhile to respond, but some of these species choices are merely for Role-playing rather than advantages racially. If you look at the different species, you notice that the only difference between them other than cosmetics is that they have a different social ability that doesn't really do much for you combat-wise. And, I'm sure few will mind some minor ascetics that separate them from other species. They can just as easily change races, or not pick the race in question at all. These ideas are mainly for role-players.

• 4 weeks later...