“A Deadly Force Returns” Teaser

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. don´t remenber exactly but I think Malachor V was not destroyed at the end of KOTOR2, I remenber a kind of earthquake, rocks collapsing and the Ebon Hawk emerging, that´s all,... sincerely don´t remenber the planet itself exploting after the Hawks ´s escape. and don´t see any vegetations arround "Revan" on the teaser.. the architecture arround him looks like much Malachor´s Sith Temple.

This isn't even revan's attire.

This isn't even Revan's voice.

This isn't ever Revan's mask.

This isn't even Revan.

Fairly sure it is his attire. Just all battered.

Still sounds like Jeff Bennett to me.

Same issue as the armor.

That no one knows for sure. I believe it is though.

Hmmm. don´t remenber exactly but I think Malachor V was not destroyed at the end of KOTOR2, I remenber a kind of earthquake, rocks collapsing and the Ebon Hawk emerging, that´s all,... sincerely don´t remenber the planet itself exploting after the Hawks ´s escape. and don´t see any vegetations arround "Revan" on the teaser.. the architecture arround him looks like much Malachor´s Sith Temple.

Taken from the usual source:

As Surik departed Malachor in the Ebon Hawk, the dead planet crumbled under the pressure of the mass shadow's gravity, leaving behind only asteroids and the wreckage of many hundreds of blasted warships, a grim memorial to the Battle of Malachor V.
Edited by Darth_Wicked

It is most likely Yavin 4. The weapons in the trailer are weapons the Massassi warriors use to wield.

Short history on the timeline before Kotor/swtor

After Naga Sadow went into exile he took his Massassi warriors with him on Yavin 4. The Massassi warriors remained there even after Naga Sadow death.

First Freedon nadd arived on Yavin 4 learning from the spirit of Naga Sadow, he later went to Onderon and claimed it as his own. Onderon was where he died as well.

Exar Kun later encountered Freedon Nadd on Onderon and learned from him and later traveled to Yavin 4, enslaving the Massassi warriors he went to Empress Teta System trying to conquer it as well.

Later on he went back to Yavin 4 where he enacted a ritual, sacrificing his Massassi warriors to keep his spirit alive. The Jedi managed to trap his spirit but he is still alive, just like Naga Sadow spirit and Freedon Nadd spirit who somehow managed to be on Yavin 4. At least that's where his spirit died in 3997 BBY.

So to look at this, it means that we at least have 2 spirits alive on Yavin 4. Possible 3 being Freedon Nadd. The Massassi might still be alive on Yavin 4. Afterall they were altered due sith magic and alchemy by Naga Sadow and they were alive for a long time even after his death.

Exar Kun. What they forgot to mention was, that is was Marka Ragnos spirit who appeared before Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma and appointing Exar Kun as the New Dark lord of the Sith and Ulic as his apprentice. The video also stated that the Ancient Sith Lords supported Exar Kun rise to power as Dark Lord, Also suggest that they did not supported the Emperor of the Empire we know today.

In the second video, we see the story about Master Ovair, who secretly is working for the Empire. His task and that of his family was to sought out these Ancient sith lord resting place and seal there spirit for good as they could be a threat of his power.

When Ovair and his apprentice went to Yavin 4 they encountered the Massassi warriors as well. When Ovair returned to the Republic he told them of what happened (not the entire truth obviously) His apprentice later followed and attacked Ovair in broad daylight, possessed by Naga Sadow. This also confirms what i wrote in the above post that the Ancient Sith Lords do not support the Emperor if not the whole Sith Empire as we know today.

Al these reference to Yavin 4 and the Ancient sith makes me believe that we are going to Yavin 4. Also the Sith Inquisitor mail he/she receives from Spindral ever you complete Forged Alliance III says that Spindral had a Vision where he saw the Sith Inquisitor standing on the Moon against One who is not One.

This could be interpreted as someone who is possessed by a spirit meaning that he is not one person but two or more.

And since Yavin 4 is a moon, it could easily be that planet as well.

the message can be found here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=763359

Also Naga Sadow plan was to destroy the Republic. So if Revan indeed went to Yavin 4, and indeed was possessed or seduced by The Ancient Spirit, then this could easily explain why he would take his army turn it in a third faction and destroy the Empire along with the Republic, instead of Just focusing on the Empire.

I know he said int he FA: III that the Republic is too weak but being weak doesn't mean he had to destroy or wanting to destroy them along with the Empire.

Also Marka Ragnos Spirit also is still alive in the Tombs on Korriban, just trapped but still alive. So maybe in the near future we could see him as a Entity as well.

Also in both the video's you can see the Massassi warriors using the spear that look exactly like the one in Revan teaser

To me this seems like the mostly likely outcome of a planet and story we can expect in 3.0

Edited by Rakugo

So General Rhetorical Question Here: (and... Before I start let me just say I am on a Top of Line System with the latest graphics card (Duel Cards BTW) and connecting via the Fastest Broadband AT&T offers....)

I have been a subscriber for over a year and, periodically, I attempt to watch "teaser trailers" on the SWTOR website and it's Stop Motion at bets or loads for 5 minutes and plays 7 seconds then.... lengthy pause for minutes on end... then 5 or 6 seconds plays ...etc.... Why can't SWTOR stream a 22 second video without all the crazy.... pauses and slow load times. It makes no sense. SWOTR video's are the ONLY website that acts like this... I have no problems anywhere else on the web.

Do you think Satele Shan will have a part to play in this? Remember she is a direct descendent to Revan and Bastila Shan, it would be interesting to see her interact with Revan and see how their fates end up, if such a confrontation takes place.

Also maybe this would be the perfect opportunity to see Theron Shan reveal himself to his mother finally.

Edited by RaithHarth

Do you think Satele Shan will have a part to play in this? Remember she is a direct descendent to Revan and Bastila Shan, it would be interesting to see her interact with Revan and see how their fates end up, if such a confrontation takes place.

Also maybe this would be the perfect opportunity to see Theron Shan reveal himself to his mother finally.

It would be interesting to see a conversation between Lord Scourge and Revan. Also Theron Shan already had a conversation with his mother in the Annihilation Novel. No need to Reveal himself to his mother, she already knew who he was/is. She always kept an eye on him from a distance. Also

Supreme Commander Jace Malcom is his father. He had a conversation with both of his parents. If you did the Forge Alliance on the Rep side, you will notice that at one of the cutscene in the Cantina i think it was from the FA: II where your character will ask Theron if that was Satele that he was talking to

Something VERY fishy going on.

Revan's second saber is the EMPEROR'S SABER

Teaser:

JK ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbuAA_JySC4

Revan was weakened by the Imperial strike team and as the "Darkness took him" the Emperor possessed him.

It has already been stated numerous times that many characters use that particular hilt, including Darth Malgus.

It has already been stated numerous times that many characters use that particular hilt, including Darth Malgus.

Malgus' hilt is spiked, the Emperor's isn't, as I recall.

I still find it quite suspicious as most NPCs with 2 sabers wield IDENTICAL hilts (Jedi and Sith Battlemasters, Darth Soverus, etc). It's quite strange for him to wield 2 separate hilts. Especially with one of them having the same model as the Emperor.

Malgus' hilt is spiked, the Emperor's isn't, as I recall.

I still find it quite suspicious as most NPCs with 2 sabers wield IDENTICAL hilts (Jedi and Sith Battlemasters, Darth Soverus, etc). It's quite strange for him to wield 2 separate hilts. Especially with one of them having the same model as the Emperor.

This isn't a teaser at all. Every single player who has cleared the Rakata Prime tactical already knows Revan's back. Sooooo, what was the point of this video? Not trying to be rude, but it literally did not tease a single piece of information that was not already known.

They are merely stating it to the general audience of players i would think. in any case it's awesome. He is my favorite force-user.:)

Fairly sure it is his attire. Just all battered.

It is his mask and legs. The chest item seems new.

Return of Revan would be the stupidest thing since forever. I hate him, and I had hoped we would have been done with him by now. If Bioware hoped to entice me back into the game, this is not the way to do it.

Even if it ends up being some random Cult of Revan shmuck underneath the mask, I totally didn't want to be reminded of Revan.

Edited by Karkais

It is his mask and legs. The chest item seems new.

Not really.

Return of Revan would be the stupidest thing since forever. I hate him, and I had hoped we would have been done with him by now. If Bioware hoped to entice me back into the game, this is not the way to do it.

Even if it ends up being some random Cult of Revan shmuck underneath the mask, I totally didn't want to be reminded of Revan.

I'm glad you hate him.

I'm sure the people who don't have strong feelings on the subject, especially having in mind it is, you know, a FICTIONAL CHARACTER are just eagerly awaiting for the expansion to hit.

At this point, most people probably just want more story and new content.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

"I will finish what I have started"

I have a bad feeling, that it means the LAST big patch.

And announces the end of SWTOR.

Even though the game makes money, the content team has clearly run out of ideas.

It''s so schematic now. A patch, new CC stuff, a tactical FP, one small area...nothing more.

And there will be no more. New story content is so lame and silly, that I just want to sit and cry.

We have already hundreds of items, sets and achievements from CC and in game.

I can't remeber them all and will never get 100% of everything.

The old FPs, OPSs and class story is so much better, fun and intriguing than the content we've been offered after the Dread Masters' demise. Nothing will beat them, because those writers left to ESO or just out of BW/EA SM marriage. Especially not crappy self contradicting story plot of "revanite revolution".

I want the game to continue, but it looks like they are going to close it soon. Nothing major any more after 3.0. If 3.0 is ever released. Considering the state of our knowledge about Makeb prior to its release, the time we learned about it, 3.0 will not become available for early access even in February 2015. How many tiny patches shall we get to nort forget what is going on with silent Revan-guy... 2.20 to come? maybe...

It's all happening, and you don't even have a clue, do you??

"I will finish what I have started"

I have a bad feeling, that it means the LAST big patch.

And announces the end of SWTOR.

Even though the game makes money, the content team has clearly run out of ideas.

It''s so schematic now. A patch, new CC stuff, a tactical FP, one small area...nothing more.

And there will be no more. New story content is so lame and silly, that I just want to sit and cry.

We have already hundreds of items, sets and achievements from CC and in game.

I can't remeber them all and will never get 100% of everything.

The old FPs, OPSs and class story is so much better, fun and intriguing than the content we've been offered after the Dread Masters' demise. Nothing will beat them, because those writers left to ESO or just out of BW/EA SM marriage. Especially not crappy self contradicting story plot of "revanite revolution".

I want the game to continue, but it looks like they are going to close it soon. Nothing major any more after 3.0. If 3.0 is ever released. Considering the state of our knowledge about Makeb prior to its release, the time we learned about it, 3.0 will not become available for early access even in February 2015. How many tiny patches shall we get to nort forget what is going on with silent Revan-guy... 2.20 to come? maybe...

It's all happening, and you don't even have a clue, do you??

This...is...the...single...greatest...post!!!!

Cool. Revan's awesome. Interested to see more details.

On a side note, it's bizarre how angry some people can get over something so innocuous. It's just a teaser video. It doesn't warrant the level of vitriol that is being spewed in this thread. You know you lead a pretty comfortable life when what upsets you most is a trailer for a video game expansion.

I was comparing the video to Revans appearance in the Foundry, not out-of-game art.

At this point, most people probably just want more story and new content.

I for one, don't. I would have wanted more sandbox elements, so I could spend more time in the game instead of doing the "content" once and being bored with it.

Edited by Karkais

pretty sure the emperor did rituals on him while in the prison sith necromancy to keep him alive

revan even says in malestrom prison he lives by the same dark forces as scourge does

''he kept me alive with sith alchemy... used me''..

so thats how he probably survivied.. even lotr he even says oh i was dead.. for just a blink

anyway.. im super excited for this expansion bioware

Revan <3

way better than dealing with makeb and dumb huts pfft