“A Deadly Force Returns” Teaser

CourtneyWoods

The way I saw the teaser is the following. Revan's reappearance has changed. He may still have been a hero.

Back tracking this a bit, when you first met Revan on the Republic side you rescue him from the Maelstrom Prison and he turned around saying to his long lasting friend, Meetra Surik (Jedi Exile) mentioning a dialogue saying "Thank you my friend, I will finish what we have started..."

You speak with Revan again and talk about it briefly, he reveals on his plans with the Foundry where he intended to use that against the Sith Empire and wipe them out but that plan had failed. So we got a Revan returned again, this time it doesn't look like the same but that glowing red eye glow tells me something that he has been possessed by something controlling him. In all honesty there is a lot of gaps in the storyline - if this is really Revan himself - reveal his face...

Alot of this needs to be explained. If it was the Emperor, now that could be very interesting...

Edited by Satelerevan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have failed us for the last time BW :(. On what world is that a 'teaser' ?

I don't think this is the last time BW have failed us...

I'm not trying to be rude, but I just wonder if anyone felt like that teased them at all? and just as a suggestion that prolly won't be heard... PLEASE, release new content, not half-assed x-pacs with just a TFP or 2. Release, New classes, Species, etc. Do something that's worth the time and effort. :confused:

" I will finish what I ´ve started " what thing?, save the galaxy,? taking it over?

I just hope it will be better than can be spoilered from this video or the forge allianace Story Arcs series.

Obviously he's going to wipe out both the Empire and the Republic and create a new Republic, free of corruption and bias. Killing us is just a bonus.

Edited by orangefishboy

It's not Revan, it's the Emperor who possessed Revan's body. Look at his second lightsaber...

Also, Revan is not "a deadly force", he is a hero.

Revan has not been a hero in this game for a while. Unless it comes out that he has been under the emperor's control for the entire game, he was trying to kill a lot of people at the Foundry.

And this is exactly the problem with bringing back a character who was previously the main character in a customizable player controlled experience: the character is different to everyone who played that game, and bringing it back forces the character into a storyline which most likely does not mesh with the majority of players. They are basically retconning Revan for most SWTOR players who happened to play the KotOR series as well.

Personally, this is nothing like my Revan; to me, Revan was a hero and a champion of the Light Side, who redeemed Bastila from the Dark.

Oh, and Revan was a woman.

It's a teaser! Didn't you guys notice Revan's second lightsaber?

That's something new :D

And she dual-wielded lightsabers, so from my perspective that's about the only detail they got right!

Oh, and Revan was a woman.

Sorry to rain on your parade, BUT, every claim as a FACT must come with a SOURCE or else we're just reading your interpretation of what would/should or might be, which by the way, isn't that interesting with out a SOURCE !!!

And the teaser thing; guess the 'Revan' person is a decoy, is their clues in the rest of the picture!?

Edited by t-darko

Sorry to rain on your parade, BUT, every claim as a FACT must come with a SOURCE or else we're just reading your interpretation of what would/should or might be, which by the way, isn't that interesting with out a SOURCE !!!

And the teaser thing; guess the 'Revan' person is a decoy, is their clues in the rest of the picture!?

Now you're being pedant.

It is obvious what he's saying is that his Revan was a woman. It is fair to assume that after all these years, people still have strong feelings on the subject.

He's not trying to affirm that Revan is a woman in official canon. Or rather, the old canon.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

And for those of us who don't have lvl 55 characters to do the Rakata FP, this is relevant. Instead of whining about a good game how about you quit and go back to WOW or Everquest or whatever "better" game you play and let those of us who enjoy it do so without a bunch of whiny children around.

Why? With the spears and axes shown in the video it seems they are bringing EQ and WOW to us lol.

Ok

I ofc like Revan since i love kotors. I look forward to see what the story is and all this fuzz and speculation supports that i'm not alone. I'm sure it would intrest me without Revan too, but Revan sure don't make it worse or better as such... actual story, telling and content will determine is 3.0 good or not.

So Revan (or emperor or whoever it is) and Revanites are just a setup.

And all this talk is just us SW fans and players entertaining ourselves while we wait, what shall it be...

As for those who are mocking "fanboys"content and being alltogether condescending... ain't it a bit stupid to judge it now? Go crazy or go home! ;)

Or is there cake if you get it right? :p

EDIT: I said cake and now i'm not sure if there really should be cake... should we demand cake from bw?

Edited by Fazaani

It's not Revan, it's the Emperor who possessed Revan's body. Look at his second lightsaber...

Also, Revan is not "a deadly force", he is a hero.

Thats exactly what I think,

Revan in swtor books tried to stop Emperor, and he failed. You save him in Maelstorm FP on Rep side, after that he reports to Jedi council and goes to Foundry where you can fight him on Imp side. You will not kill him he just disapear.

So recap is

Rep side saved him => he works with Jedi council

Imps side trying to kill him => he fight them and disapears

After Forged Alliances it seems that "he" was behind attack on Tython and Korriban and trying to kill you whatever you are on rep or imp side.

Why would he want to attack republic?

This makes me think that Revan is not the one who returns.

Its more likely to be the emperor who wants to consume and destroy all living form, rep and imp including.

"I will finish what I have started" these are not Revans words, he said "I will finish what WE(Lord Scourge, Meetra Surik and Revan) have started"

Whatever the story is, I just hope it can be finished by single player like the story on Makeb.

I found it pretty annoying on Oricon: here do all these solo quests ( and 1 H2) and when you get the final to defeat the dreadmasters, it's an operation...

It should ALWAYS be like that.

The more epic and the more people work in unison, the merrier. This is an MMO after all.

It should ALWAYS be like that.

The more epic and the more people work in unison, the merrier. This is an MMO after all.

I agree there should be some group content...but i don't agree that you start a story line for a single player and then have the conclusion for the story being a completely different playstyle.

IMO it's more epic if my single hero could take down the dread masters.

that's just my preferred play style, for me the MMO part is in chatting , being in a guild, trading, some pvp...not necessarily in doing group content like operations but to each their own....

I agree there should be some group content...but i don't agree that you start a story line for a single player and then have the conclusion for the story being a completely different playstyle.

This is not single player. Not anymore.

There's certainly an option for certain content to be completed that way but this game is supposed to be an MMO, first and foremost.

IMO it's more epic if my single hero could take down the dread masters.

Dunno why. Even Jaric Kaedan required the help of the Republic Military to stop and imprison them on Belsavis.

Also, the story arc pertaining the Dread Masters was ALWAYS made class-neutral. It started as a world arc on Belsavis and eventually branched out.

that's just my preferred play style, for me the MMO part is in chatting , being in a guild, trading, some pvp...not necessarily in doing group content like operations but to each their own....

Then this is not the kind of game or genre you're looking for I think. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked