“A Deadly Force Returns” Teaser

CourtneyWoods

And what will it be? Revan returns to dark side and will be the final ops boss? How will this be better?

well, they killed the figure of this game(Malgus) really in the game so now they are killing the other one which they kinda forgot about for a short time.

Edited by saremun

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this a couple times and paid close attention to the background. The altar object behind him reminds me of the star maps from KotOR. I suppose it could also be a fragment of the Star Forge. People have been discussing which planet could be in the next update/expansion and I have heard Dxun or Yavin IV. After looking at that background I think there's a possibility it could be Kashyyk. The wookies would definately be using axes and swords like the ones shown and it does appear to me that Revan is inside a type of cave or old structure. All just speculation of course. Edited by DonMeridius

Hmmm, a new looking Revan armor with tattered robes, a slightly different looking chestpiece and glowing helmet. Queue the return of the Revan armor threads....maybe that should be the name of the expansion, "The Revan Armor Controversy Returns", lol.

And what will it be? Revan returns to dark side and will be the final ops boss? How will this be better?

Forged Alliances makes it pretty clear that Revan is not aligned with either side. Just like ROTHC, they are building this around a third-party group.

nothing not known....hope that full trailer will be next week

They already said the full announcement is coming by the end of the month. So next week is possible, although the month ends on the following Tuesday so it may be the start of the following week before they release more info.

Personally, I am kind of disappointed they are going the WoW route: bring back your favorite characters just so you can kill them!

Its a tired old tradition in MMOs that needs to die off. That said, we still know nothing and I have a feel this isn't "Revan" as we know him. We might actualyl be saving him in some manner.

Still, I love the fact that we have an expansion coming. I already can't get it all done with the time I have. Now I will be even busier. Yeesh.

Ahhh Revan - SWTOR - is and was born FROM KOTOR - and Kotor was ALL about Revan - even Kotor 2 was all about Revan. As much as you played the Exile killing off the various Sith Lords & indeed Jedi - the underlying story was about Revan.

Spoiler Alert (Is it really spoilers to talk about a really old game? Well anyway - you've been fairly warned!)

To those of you who have played SWTOR Imperial and Republic side - particularly Jedi and Sith - you will know by now that Revan is a key figure, on Republic side you release Revan from the Emperors prison - and Revan was supposedly "quelling" the Emperor somehow from being as evil as can be. And of Course on Imperial side is a sort of...continuation from that where Revan is running amok and slaughtering in droves, even got his old loyal droid HK 47 back.

Now think back to KOTOR and KOTOR 2 - particularly Dark Side stories of both games.

In KOTOR 1 - Dark side - you join with the Dark Side Bastila Shan and and kill Darth Malak, take control of the Star Forge and launch an invasion on the galaxy.

Now - enter KOTOR 2 - and the story continues and you get little tid bits of information here and there. Particularly when you are Dark Side. On Korriban you find a holocron of Bastila which eludes that Revan left her behind to go in search of "Something" in the Unknown Regions. We know it's not the Star Forge - he already had that and destroyed it. So what did he find in the Unknown Regions? We also know from KOTOR 2 a few further things:

1. GoT0 (the little black droid who's controlled by Goto) - states that the republic will collapse (in 1 standard year if memory serves - this kinda suggests Revan laid waste to the Republic - not to mention everything else) and if your Dark Side you lose "affection" with GoT0 because you destablise planets as you go (Onderon etc). That suggests combined with the information from Bastila's holocron on Korriban that the underlying background story that has spanned across KoTOR 1, 2 and now SWTOR - is the Dark Side arc.

2. Again on the Dark Side arc of KoTor 2 - You as the dark Exile - conquer Onderon and kill the queen - before the "battle" begins you negotiate with the general of the faction you are aiding that wishes to secede from the republic. As part of the negotiations - you can request in the dialogue among other things (like credits etc) "All of Onderon's Force Sensitives" - Why would the Exile request such a thing? All those people to be turned over to the Exile? - Now remember - the underlying story arc of Kotor 2 was Kreia recuiting the Exile to go out to the Unknown Regions, find Revan and assist him.

These "Revanites" now mentioned in SWTOR - the descendants of this request in KOTOR 2? The result of the beginnings of the Force sensitive army perhaps? The first "Revanites" recruited by the Exile in his quest to find Revan and aid him? A long shot I know but fun to speculate! You got absolutely nothing in game if you chose to have the force sensitives as payment. KOTOR 2 was always an unfinished game when it was released - makes me wonder if that has been locked in a desk somewhere and now - the link has finally been made to carry on.

Now look at 2.10 of SWTOR - Look at the situation - a Sith and a Republic General working together, and evidently based on the people you kill in the FP's - Jedi Masters and Knights and Dark Jedi are all "Revanites" - ONLY Revan has that kind of influence where he could make Jedi and Sith turn their backs on their respective orders and pull them together to work together under his command. It's also worthy of note - that his presence has united the Republic and the Empire to stand against him (at least to a degree as you've got a Sith working with the Republic to fight against him). OK - She ends up with a bounty on her head courtesy of the Empire - but the principle remains the same. Only an enemy like Revan could cause that kind of effect and it be believable. The Hutt Cartel - didn't unite the Republic and Empire in any remote way - both sides simply went to battle the problem themselves and tried to gain the best advantage they could for themselves.

And the Jedi Spirit who communicates with Revan...who is she? Bastila? Or the Exile? In KOTOR 2 - I believe the Holocron mentioned that she wouldn't wait much longer before she went after him and she's no where to be seen in KOTOR 2, on Korriban or anywhere else and of course, Korriban in KOTOR 2 is abandoned and a waste land - my gut says Bastila left Korriban, found Revan, they continued their love affair, found whatever it was Revan was looking for and Bastila was killed by it, my gut says the spirit is Bastila.

Where is the story going? I'm looking forward to find out! But I suspect "Finish what he started" - Kotor 1 - he began a huge invasion of the galaxy. But he never finished it... did he? KOTOR 2 - there were still Sith, there were still Jedi, there was still a Republic. That sounds like the job he hasn't finished to me.

But what I really hope is answered once and for all...is what he went looking for....and found in the Unknown Regions....

Disagree with my speculations and guesswork and poke fun at the statements of the obvious all you want. Just my 2 cents!

Bring on 3.0!!!!

Edited by Jatello

I'v seen some of the comments saying that its not a Teaser because everyone that did Rakata Prime knows Reven is back, okay thats fine. What about the people that didn't beat it and newer players plus it could also be teaseing that we can expect more Reven based stuff very soon.

If that is really Revan, he must of survived the events from The Foundry, also since Satele Shan and Theron Shan are direct descendants of Revan through Bastila Shan, I hope they too have a role to play in these events.

Now that the Emperor is dead (Vitiate), could Revan take his place as the New Emperor?

Edited by RaithHarth

This is way to short and teases nothing as everyone else has said about this so far.

Also, is this a new ops mission series or is this the next expansion pack?

I'd prefer it to be ops that ads perhaps 185 gear? Since im still gearing for 180 and I don't want to have to start over again due to level cap being risen.

Ahhh Revan - SWTOR - is and was born FROM KOTOR - and Kotor was ALL about Revan - even Kotor 2 was all about Revan. As much as you played the Exile killing off the various Sith Lords & indeed Jedi - the underlying story was about Revan.

Spoiler Alert (Is it really spoilers to talk about a really old game? Well anyway - you've been fairly warned!)

To those of you who have played SWTOR Imperial and Republic side - particularly Jedi and Sith - you will know by now that Revan is a key figure, on Republic side you release Revan from the Emperors prison - and Revan was supposedly "quelling" the Emperor somehow from being as evil as can be. And of Course on Imperial side is a sort of...continuation from that where Revan is running amok and slaughtering in droves, even got his old loyal droid HK 47 back.

Now think back to KOTOR and KOTOR 2 - particularly Dark Side stories of both games.

In KOTOR 1 - Dark side - you join with the Dark Side Bastila Shan and and kill Darth Malak, take control of the Star Forge and launch an invasion on the galaxy.

Now - enter KOTOR 2 - and the story continues and you get little tid bits of information here and there. Particularly when you are Dark Side. On Korriban you find a holocron of Bastila which eludes that Revan left her behind to go in search of "Something" in the Unknown Regions. We know it's not the Star Forge - he already had that and destroyed it. So what did he find in the Unknown Regions? We also know from KOTOR 2 a few further things:

1. GoT0 (the little black droid who's controlled by Goto) - states that the republic will collapse (in 1 standard year if memory serves - this kinda suggests Revan laid waste to the Republic - not to mention everything else) and if your Dark Side you lose "affection" with GoT0 because you destablise planets as you go (Onderon etc). That suggests combined with the information from Bastila's holocron on Korriban that the underlying background story that has spanned across KoTOR 1, 2 and now SWTOR - is the Dark Side arc.

2. Again on the Dark Side arc of KoTor 2 - You as the dark Exile - conquer Onderon and kill the queen - before the "battle" begins you negotiate with the general of the faction you are aiding that wishes to secede from the republic. As part of the negotiations - you can request in the dialogue among other things (like credits etc) "All of Onderon's Force Sensitives" - Why would the Exile request such a thing? All those people to be turned over to the Exile? - Now remember - the underlying story arc of Kotor 2 was Kreia recuiting the Exile to go out to the Unknown Regions, find Revan and assist him.

These "Revanites" now mentioned in SWTOR - the descendants of this request in KOTOR 2? The result of the beginnings of the Force sensitive army perhaps? The first "Revanites" recruited by the Exile in his quest to find Revan and aid him? A long shot I know but fun to speculate! You got absolutely nothing in game if you chose to have the force sensitives as payment. KOTOR 2 was always an unfinished game when it was released - makes me wonder if that has been locked in a desk somewhere and now - the link has finally been made to carry on.

Now look at 2.10 of SWTOR - Look at the situation - a Sith and a Republic General working together, and evidently based on the people you kill in the FP's - Jedi Masters and Knights and Dark Jedi are all "Revanites" - ONLY Revan has that kind of influence where he could make Jedi and Sith turn their backs on their respective orders and pull them together to work together under his command. It's also worthy of note - that his presence has united the Republic and the Empire to stand against him (at least to a degree as you've got a Sith working with the Republic to fight against him). OK - She ends up with a bounty on her head courtesy of the Empire - but the principle remains the same. Only an enemy like Revan could cause that kind of effect and it be believable. The Hutt Cartel - didn't unite the Republic and Empire in any remote way - both sides simply went to battle the problem themselves and tried to gain the best advantage they could for themselves.

And the Jedi Spirit who communicates with Revan...who is she? Bastila? Or the Exile? In KOTOR 2 - I believe the Holocron mentioned that she wouldn't wait much longer before she went after him and she's no where to be seen in KOTOR 2, on Korriban or anywhere else and of course, Korriban in KOTOR 2 is abandoned and a waste land - my gut says Bastila left Korriban, found Revan, they continued their love affair, found whatever it was Revan was looking for and Bastila was killed by it, my gut says the spirit is Bastila.

Where is the story going? I'm looking forward to find out! But I suspect "Finish what he started" - Kotor 1 - he began a huge invasion of the galaxy. But he never finished it... did he? KOTOR 2 - there were still Sith, there were still Jedi, there was still a Republic. That sounds like the job he hasn't finished to me.

But what I really hope is answered once and for all...is what he went looking for....and found in the Unknown Regions....

Disagree with my speculations and guesswork and poke fun at the statements of the obvious all you want. Just my 2 cents!

Bring on 3.0!!!!

Fantastic hypothesis, however word of "God-oware" is that the lightside path is canon for both games, and it appears you haven't read the novel Revan, he is clearly coming off of a lightside playthrough of Kotor and even when he gets all his memories back he remains a more or less good person, rejecting the darkness he was once consumed in.

Remember, he only fell completely because Vitiate forced it on him.

Revan again = YAWN

Can't you guys please come up with something new?

The Revan line has to go it's getting old and boring.

BTW the axes and spears in here looks silly for a SW setting.

Could we have less WoW/EQ/Whatever fantasy MMO and more SW one please?

Knights of the Old Republic is Revan. It is his story. Has been and always will be. So, it makes sense they brought him back and he didn't die, because he was frankly WAY too easy to kill and weak compared to how powerful we know him to really be. Having a full on Ops with Revan in the end makes alot of sense, and I would wager that is what is coming.

And props to Bioware for actually making an outfit that doesn't look like a 2yr old designed it this time. Really digging his look and surrounding atmosphere from the teaser. Well done. Can't wait to get his new outfit in cartel pack someday, because the other one was flat out horrible :D

PS: Bioware, could we get some wallpapers of the new Revan please?

Edited by DarthVengeant

“I will finish what I've started.”

Watch now

Hah! Let's hope so! Revan's been in circulation longer than yer typical $1 bill, only a $1 is still worth something. I am all for companies going Green, and trying to conserve resources. But the imagination is not harmful to the environment, so you don't need to recycle Star Wars characters.

Revan?!?! Really?!?! Can somebody please tell me what they see in this character? I have never understood the appeal.* This is actually a serious question. FYI, I am not a hater who is thinks Revan "sucks." But at the same time, I have never found him to be interesting in any way.

I'm still looking forward to some new content, Revan or not! :)

* Note: I never played KOTOR