“A Deadly Force Returns” Teaser

CourtneyWoods

And for those of us who don't have lvl 55 characters to do the Rakata FP, this is relevant. Instead of whining about a good game how about you quit and go back to WOW or Everquest or whatever "better" game you play and let those of us who enjoy it do so without a bunch of whiny children around.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a sith holocron. If it is then I have 2 questions. Is he guarding it? Or is he trying to steal it? Maybe we have to stop him from getting it in the next expansion. Btw, where's kephess?

I believe that's a throne not facing Revan, not a holocron.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

This isn't a teaser at all. Every single player who has cleared the Rakata Prime tactical already knows Revan's back. Sooooo, what was the point of this video? Not trying to be rude, but it literally did not tease a single piece of information that was not already known.

For some reason the post above, and others like it, remind me of This Guy.

Dear BioWare, would you please fix your stream on this video? It's horrible. My laptop is top notch, there's nothing wrong with it, but for some reason the videos you lay out play very bad. I can run anything from YouTube to streams while playing Swtor. But unfortunately your videos just don't work properly. Sad but true, this isn't the first time I've tried them.

Dearest regards,

Narkny.

Dear BioWare, would you please fix your stream on this video? It's horrible. My laptop is top notch, there's nothing wrong with it, but for some reason the videos you lay out play very bad. I can run anything from YouTube to streams while playing Swtor. But unfortunately your videos just don't work properly. Sad but true, this isn't the first time I've tried them.

Dearest regards,

Narkny.

It worked fine for me and I used my out of date work computer.

As for the reveal today...it was a teaser but nothing new.

I look forward to more info.

Edited by Arkerus

For some reason the post above, and others like it, remind me of This Guy.

I won't resort to some insulting meme as you did. I will simply say that my point still stands. In no way do I want all the information to be in a teaser, that would be unreasonable. But this is NOT a teaser. Just for example's sake, let's consider the following hypothetical teaser video:

We see Revan from behind and he says BW's tagline "I will finish what I've started."

The camera pans to infront of Revan, where a kneeling figure says "Yes Master." and then looks up.

It's Malgus! Alive and Well!

Immediately cut to black.

THATS a teaser. It gives a single piece of information which the viewer did not have before. It also causes a groundswell among players. It creates that "OMG did that just happen?!?!" moment for the viewers. The whole point of a trailer is to cause buzz, not to leave people with a feeling of "Um, okay..."

No one seems to think of the possibility of it not being Revan. If you remember the end of the revanite story line on DK then you'd remember that they are willing to same Ravan is leading them, and have it be just some sith. Also he has a different voice from the one I saved, and thinking back it's more like the one on DK.

In short I would argue that the Revanites are just using the knowledge that Revan may be alive to fuel fear into there enemies and rally there allies. :rak_wink:

And for those of us who don't have lvl 55 characters to do the Rakata FP, this is relevant. Instead of whining about a good game how about you quit and go back to WOW or Everquest or whatever "better" game you play and let those of us who enjoy it do so without a bunch of whiny children around.

Actually in point of fact, if you don't have a lvl 55, then this is NOT relevant. The Revan storyline is ENDGAME. It most likely will be either dealing with the lvl-cap increase, lvl-cap fps, lvl-cap operations, or some combination of the three. None of which concerns you if you don't have a lvl-capped character. I'd also like to point out that you probably should NOT have watched this teaser if you haven't capped, simply because it kinda kills the story of the other "forged alliance" fps. It's like reading the 3rd book in a series first. Now, when you do cap, you're going to run those fps and not enjoy the story as much since you already now the "plot twist." Just my two cents.